Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

updating os max 20 sp

Old 12-13-2004, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updating os max 20 sp

Hi, please bear with me if my questions sound dumb. About 35 years ago I put all my modelstuff in a box in favor of dirt bikes. Now my kids are old enough to play so I pulled that box out . All I had ever flown was control line. Among the engines packed away all these years are several spark ignition , McCoy 29 & 35 , a few Cox and a brand new O S Max 20 marked sp on the bottom of the beam. I WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS ENGINE IN AN R/C TRAINER . IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD A THROTTLE CONTROLING CARB TO THIS ENGINE? All the engines I've saved are in prime condition and I 'dlike to be able to use them in an r/c application. Any info , suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated Ken
Old 12-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: updating os max 20 sp

If your Old O.S. Max .20 is unused, you'll actually be better-off trying to sell it to an active control-line flyer through the RCU Marketplace or other auction site and purchasing a new .20-.25-size engine. Your old engine was not designed for a carburetor, and will need a muffler, too. While we may be able to help you locate a carburetor if you give us the inside diameter of the carburetor boss on the crankcase, the muffler is problematic. O.S. doesn't make the muffler that would fit onto your engine any more. You'd have to get one of the aftermarket strap-on mufflers.