Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS .61 MAX Parts?

Old 02-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .61 MAX Parts?

I recently took posession of the club's trainer that has an OS .61 MAX on it. I was told that it's been a very unreliable/finicky engine, but I think it just needs some TLC. I'm going to give it a good once over and try to bring it back to life. Are crankcase gaskets still available? Is there somewhere to find info on the carb adjustments? It's a ringed engine and the carb. says "7M".

Thank you!

drizz
Old 02-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 MAX Parts?

The O.S. #7M carb was used on the .61 FSR engine. You may want to check to make sure which engine you have. Your description really doesn't tell us which particular engine you have.

If you have the .61 FSR, then parts specific to it are no longer available from us or O.S., in Japan. It's been out of production for bout two decades.

A new cylinder head gasket can be made from brass shim stock. Just cut it out with a sharp #11 blade and then deburr on 600-grit paper with oil, or on a good sharpening stone. A rear cover gasket can be made from card stock or even baker's parchment paper.

If you send us an email, we'll be glad to send a scanned copy of the instructions.

"[email protected]"
Old 02-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 MAX Parts?

Thanks!

There's no paper work that came with the plane so about all I can tell you is what I can see on the engine. It says "MAX" on the side of the engine block, the Carb has "7M" on it and I have the piston removed and it is ringed. It does have removable covers front and rear. I'll send the e-mail now.

drizz