Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS Max 40FP Instructions and Gaskets

Old 03-13-2005, 06:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OS Max 40FP Instructions and Gaskets

Hello Bax,
Thanks for hosting this forum. I just bought a beautiful R/C-assist Miss America at my clubs Auction last week. It had an OS Max 40FP installed. The engine looks in great shape except for the fact that the previous owner must have run it awfully rich. The engine has baked on caster that I'm going to clean off using the crock-pot & antifreeze method.

My question is a two-parter. First, does this engine share any similarities with current engines regarding gaskets; that is, could I buy the gasket set for, say, an OS-40LA (or other OS engine) and come up with a backplate gasket for the 40 FP? I'm concerned that when I pull the backplate off this engine, the gasket (I'm assuming it's paper) will go bye-bye and it'll need replacing.

Secondly, I saw your other msg for instruction manuals in .pdf format, but there was no email address listed to make the request. Could you please tell me if the .pdf file for the 40FP still exists and if I could get a copy of it?

Thanks a lot...

Bob M
[email protected]
Old 03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS Max 40FP Instructions and Gaskets

Gasket for the .40 FP:

OSMG6100 23364000 GASKET SET 40FP $4.29

These parts can be ordered through any hobby retailer who sells O.S. Max engines and accessories.

Please send an email to: "[email protected]" for instructions.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS Max 40FP Instructions and Gaskets

Thanks a lot, Bill. I appreciate the service. The PM has already been sent..

I'll check my LHS for the gaskets.

Bob