Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

So, Bax, about these parts. . .

Old 03-15-2005, 08:25 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, Bax, about these parts. . .

At my LHS I ordered the back plate for the .15FP, part number 21707000, and the associated gasket set, part number 21714000. Duuh. . . the paper gasket wouldn't fit over the back cover. Simply wouldn't fit. I thought maybe if it soaks a bit , but no it just doesn't fit.

Am I missing something here? You think some parts got mislabled? The back plate fits the engine but that gasket is just too small.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: So, Bax, about these parts. . .

We'd not know. It is possible that the gasket set was mislabeled or had a wrong gasket in it. Also, the gaskets are a very close fit to the rear cover, so a bit of care may help, or a touch with a sharp hobby knife.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:52 PM

I wouldn't get to upset about this, I ordered OS parts for my .40LA and while searching on Tower Hobbies I notice most of the parts look similar. So I would guess who ever picked your parts from where ever you order just picked up the wrong part. Or they didn't care and deviated from the part number with out consulting an experienced parts tech.

I thing high temp silicon will work fine and may even cost less too.

Good Luck.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Bax

or a touch with a sharp hobby knife.
Well I didn't modify it because it came in a package which I knew was intended to fit but my inclination was the same as yours, to make it fit, so naturally it ripped. You guys probably have a shelf of these and don't know it. I'm going to mail it in and you guys can put a mic on it and see what engine it actually fits.

Being a simple $2 part I am not concerned my financial welfare is at stake but I think by implied merchantability you owe me the right gasket or the secret of how I stretch the small ones to fit.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 AM

Just recieved a replacement gasket, thank you. Just to make sure it was mounted right on a back plate, very nice. Thank you for prompt attention to a $2 problem.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to help.