Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FS-91 SII-P

Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS-91 SII-P

To : Bill Baxter

Bill,

I have an OS FS-91 SII-Pumped which has been performing very well for about 40 - 50 flights since new. However, in the last couple of flights when I increase the throttle past the mid range, the engine ran intermittently and quit. I couldn't take off because of this. I have tried leaning and runiing it rich to no avail. I use 18% oil and 5 % nitro.

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: OS FS-91 SII-P

have u tried readjusting the h/s needle? if so sounds like some junk is in the line or an air leak. the motor is quitting becuase its not getting enough fuel.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Default RE: OS FS-91 SII-P

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

have u tried readjusting the h/s needle? if so sounds like some junk is in the line or an air leak. the motor is quitting becuase its not getting enough fuel.

Thanks. I have resolved the problem, apparently the mixture control screw was set too rich. I lean it a quater turn and now has excellent throttle response. Can't wait to get to the field tomorrow morning.