Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

I have a problem with the OS forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Piet Le Roux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a problem with the OS forum

I again received this notice :
“We had to delete the reply you made to someone else's question in the O.S. Support Forum. Per RCU rules, only O.S. Support staff are allowed to post replies to questions. People can most certainly add additional questions to follow-up on a reply, but answering questions by non-O.S. Support people is not allowed in this forum.

It is also not a discussion forum.

Thank you for your consideration.”

I agree that there have to be rules but then it has to be applied unilaterally. In this specific instance I replied to something that Bax had said and confirmed his advice and added some of my own experience. Looking at previous posts I see that there are numerous examples where you did allowed basic members to make commends directly to questions and answers in a third party manner, but I suppose it depends on who made the commends and if he or she were “ towing the party line” I personally feel that if OS is going to manage this forum like a arrogant self rightists dictator RCU should reconsider the legality of this forum, no matter how much OS spend on advertising.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a problem with the OS forum

I can understand the reasoning to a point.

Many have there own ideas, and some of these are without experience (in the real world). Bad advice posted and used from these forums CAN affect the original posters product and in-turn his/her opinion of the product. Could also give the Manufacturer/Agent unwarranted headaches.

However, I am not sure that O.S. actually post any answers to questions, as I have never seen them signed off by a "Technical Rep from O.S. Engines - JAPAN" .\ \. Usually a Hobby Shop person. [sm=72_72.gif]