Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 95AX inverted Pitts muffler question

Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 AM
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 95AX inverted Pitts muffler question

Bax,

Can you tell me the muffler mounting bolting CL distance dimensions and perhaps a Bisson of Slimline inverted Pitts muffler part numbers for the new OS 95AX. I am planning to use this engine in the new H9 P-51 and it is an inverted installation. I have a new OS 110 a but, I think it may not be enough. Thanks

Howard
Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 95AX inverted Pitts muffler question

We don't think that Slimline or Bisson have mufflers out yet for the O.S. Max .95 AX engine. You'll have to contact them. The muffler for the .91 FX won't fit.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 AM
BBD
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am Using a 95AX Inverted position. and I am having all sorts of problems,, After 2 tanks on ground break in, too it to the flying field 2 dead stick landings one of them I noticed the engine would bog down on right hand turns so I changed the clunk line Day 2 was Flawless didnt touch or change anything ,, Day 3 wasnt so good. 3 dead stick landings with same problems as day 1.... So I changed the fuel lines again made sure fuel pickup was ok and well lets see how it goes today.

Someone suggested using F plugs instead of #8 Plugs when you go inverted any thoughts ?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If changing a plug helps, then that's the thing to do.

Mounting an engine inverted won't make it suddenly start operating poorly, other than the usual lower-quality idle and throttle-up. If the engine tends to quit part-way through a flight, it's usually overheating, which is the result of a too-lean mixture that can be caused by a number of things. The overheating could also be caused by insufficient cooling air being directed through the fins of the engine.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
BBD
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never Mind guys found out that the "new #8 plug in Box" was faulty put a new plug and it fired and flew well. Day 4 for Engine