Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

FS120 series iii regulator leaking.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS120 series iii regulator leaking.

FS-120 Series III, ~ 6 years old, lots of flights, pulling very good revs on a 15x8. No issues with anything until this one. Same fuel used all its life (10% nitro, 18% oil). OS F plug. Problem started with surging at full throttle. Found a copious fuel leak from the vent on side of regulator.
Suggestions please, short of buying a whole new carb.

thanks.

jp
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FS120 series iii regulator leaking.

You need a new regulator. That's usually a service center-only part, but most O.S. service centers should be able to repair it. Just contact your regional O.S. service center.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM

Bax...Thanks. I have recently found a spare part listed for the regulator cover, which doesnt make sense when all I have read says 'Dont Open This item.' When I look closely at the regulator, I can see that the sides 90degrees from the fixing screws are not sitting flat on the middle plastic part , which might explain the leak? Would a new cover be a good start?
jp
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the regulator parts don't fit correctly, then we'd also assume that the bad fit is the cause of the leaking.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 AM

Well, for anybody else who gets this problem, and based on our experience, you all will sooner or later, the part no for the Regulator overhaul kit is 45582500. It includes a NEW and DIFFERENT cover plate, inner plate with diaphragm, and two new screws. One of our local hobby shops actually had one in stock, A$21.85, ~US$20.
Now if Only I could find something similar for the Series II FS120 I would be much happier. Then if I could get rid of the same problem on the FS120-SP thats only done 30-40 flights, I would really be laughing.
jp