Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

Greetings all!

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Greetings all!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Bnatural

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings all!

Hey everyone, my name is Brandon. I've always been an RC person, just not a competitive RC person. Generally as long as it has moderate speed I am totally satisfied. I recently got an RC Heli, the Syma S107, which somehow resparked my love for everything RC.

We have a baby on the way, so going crazy with mods and additions is not a good thing. I just am looking for simple items that work well and won't burn out in a few uses.

I recently purchased 2 RC boats, and the speeds of the boats always seem to be overdone. It's moving out of the season for putting the boats in water, so any simple mods I make would be easier to do now.

Hope to have great interaction with everyone!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Greetings all!

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the forum.

I can relate to what you say about speeds of boats. Since my first electric toy boat I have found marketing materials to be a little unrealistic. Seeing rooster tails in pictures and claims of "racing speeds" only to find its more a walking pace at best.

If you can post a picture or two of the boats you have it might help us to offer some performance tweaks.

Congrats on the baby on the way too - I became a dad 6 days ago.