Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

Who are we

Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
jdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who are we

Hey, I'm Jeremy...30 yrs. old. Electronics technician for 5 yrs. I work to play.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 PM
weathervane

Hi, My name is Andrew. I live in Baltimore Md. I have had a few boats over the years and I am now new to planes. I have been a trucker for 15 years, for the last 9 years I have been working for an equipment rental company. I get paid to play with the biggest toys around. My oldest toy is a 1946 Ford (needs resto). The one toy I have the most fun with is my v8 powerd Pinto.

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29497.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	650766  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
BUDMAN27

You put a V-8 in a Pinto. You rock.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27

You put a V-8 in a Pinto. You rock.
2nd that!

Ryan
Old 03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: weathervane

Hi, My name is Andrew. I live in Baltimore Md. I have had a few boats over the years and I am now new to planes. I have been a trucker for 15 years, for the last 9 years I have been working for an equipment rental company. I get paid to play with the biggest toys around. My oldest toy is a 1946 Ford (needs resto). The one toy I have the most fun with is my v8 powerd Pinto.

Andrew
i love it. If i can find a nice pinto (not a wagon though) i will most definetely pick it up and stick a little 302 in it. So EAAAASSSSYYYY to get them things around 2500lbs race ready [>:]
Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
weathervane

Thanks guys. It is a long story on how it all came together. I bought this car in 1987. I missed a shift into 3rd gear and BOOM. No more 4 banger.

i love it. If i can find a nice pinto (not a wagon though) i will most definetely pick it up and stick a little 302 in it. So EAAAASSSSYYYY to get them things around 2500lbs race ready [>:]
[/quote]

Yea, I know whay you mean. My wagon is 3000lb. It is all steel. No fiberglass or lexan here. I know this is not the place but if you guys want, let me know and I can post some more pics of the car. That picture is from the boardwalk cruise in Ocean City MD back in 05.

Andrew

Im hoping to start my own web page with all of my toys and the stories behind them. Some day.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
CadillacDTS2001

dude that is on kicking car !!. can i have a ride in it ?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi, can we get back on the topic? Yes, things can be off-topic even in the off-topic forum.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
weathervane

ORIGINAL: Taylor Shaw

dude that is on kicking car !!. can i have a ride in it ?

Sure. If you are ever in the Baltimore area let me know. I might even give you some time behind the wheel. (Just for a fellow RCU friend)

Andrew
Old 03-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Hi, can we get back on the topic? Yes, things can be off-topic even in the off-topic forum.

i thought this thread was titled "who are we"...
Old 04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Howdy all ..
My name is Bob Gould . I an , well lets say , over the 50 mark , and posting pics of myself ??? Don't think so ... LOL . I currently live in NE section of Iowa . Came from Florida . Moved here almost 18 yrs ago . I drive over the road truck . I haul a bull rack ( a semi with a livestock trailer that hauls strickly cattle )
we have 7 kids ... all of which I am very proud of .
The oldest - my daughter is a commercial artist in Florida
Next , my son , is a DNR in Ft Laud , Florida
Next , another son , is a horse trainer in Ocala , Florida
Next , my other son is an assistant mngr in Brooksville , Fla
next , my other daughter , well , she lives up here near us and works at Birtch in Waterloo , Ia
Next , my other son is a student in HS and has a 3.87 GPA , plans on being an attorney
Next , my other son is 12 and LOVES his new 4 wheeler he got for Christmas
next , my last son is a BIG boy ... LOVES sports and HIS new 4 wheeler also

My pride and joys are my wife and children .
I have a "few" boats , gassers that are water prop driven and air prop driven .
nitros that are also water propped and air propped .
A few nitro cars/buggys ... my lastest is a LOSI LST2 .
I also fly a few planes ... my biggest running a 1.48 and smallest Shriek , running an 09 AP .
My hobbies ... well , lets see , I guess RC'ing
My first in life are things done with my family ... everything else comes in next .
We have 25 acres in Gainsville , Mo ( but is closer to Theodosia ) that we plan on moving there soon , and me hopefully retiring with my oldest son moving there with us and raising horses ( trianing them )

I , too , used to "do" cars , but ... have gotten too old and lazy anymore , so I stick with RC. LOL
( pic of my last tinker toy below , my Monte )

Think thats about it .

Name:	Ig11509.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	654372  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 AM
jacob711

well my name is jacob and i am 16 years old and i live in western australia and i have quite a few rc cars and 1 rc boat and i also have a kawasaki kx 125 dirt bike and a go-cart/buggy and my dad races drag cars and thats all i can think of at the moment

the first pic is of my dads mates mower with a kawasaki ninja 600cc engine in it and the other one is my buggy and my dads car

Name:	Mj24288.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	655231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32690.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	655232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23241.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	655233  
Old 04-02-2007, 01:36 PM
weathervane

[quote]ORIGINAL: TERBObob

Howdy all ..
My name is Bob Gould . I an , well lets say , over the 50 mark , and posting pics of myself ??? Don't think so ... LOL . I currently live in NE section of Iowa . Came from Florida . Moved here almost 18 yrs ago . I drive over the road truck . I haul a bull rack ( a semi with a livestock trailer that hauls strickly cattle )

Hi Bob, It's nice to hear a fellow driver in here. I ran otr for about 6 years pulling dry vans, refers. Do you ever make it out east????

-Andrew
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: jacob711

well my name is jacob and i am 16 years old and i live in western australia and i have quite a few rc cars and 1 rc boat and i also have a kawasaki kx 125 dirt bike and a go-cart/buggy and my dad races drag cars and thats all i can think of at the moment

the first pic is of my dads mates mower with a kawasaki ninja 600cc engine in it and the other one is my buggy and my dads car

nice. Is that a SR20 motor?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:25 AM
jacob711

ORIGINAL: Believe It

yep in a datsun 510 and last time it was dynoed it made 450hp at the wheels but it has alot more done to it now so it makes about 600hp
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: Believe It

yep in a datsun 510 and last time it was dynoed it made 450hp at the wheels but it has alot more done to it now so it makes about 600hp
very nice. id LOVE to pick up a 510 (or even a AE86) to put a 2.3l 4cyl ford motor in. Them cars are just so damn light, and RWD Bit of a short wheelbase for a bunch of power and only 1500-1600lbs but thats what makes it interesting [8D]

Got anymore pics of it?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:53 AM
jacob711

yeah it only weighs about 1100kgs max and it used to run 11.0 at the 1/4 mile i have a few old pics but were painting it soon because it looks rough, and theres a video of it on youtube too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frr3IOCSJWw

there are some pictures of it on photobucket http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v604/datsqik/

Name:	Ec89980.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	658136  
Old 05-28-2007, 12:58 PM
capn gary

I really am 'Cap'n Gary'. I'm 59, and have spent the last five years on the S/V Island Breeze, a 56' Islander (semi-custom South African boat). In my 'previous life' I was a field service guy who repaired medical xray equipment until I just burned completely out.

I've been a boater since I was 13, and took up sailing in 1967. Back when, I did a lot of racing. I started in dinghys (Sunfish, Lightning, Day Sailer) and then moved to ocean racing on bigger boats. I had the privilege to be crew on a 100 foot-on-deck schooner in California that used to be an active 'Ancient Mariner' campaigner, and I also went on two Transpac races (LA-Honolulu), plus a lot of 'ring around the buoys' IOR racing.

As for RC, I built my first RC plane when I was about 14. Do a little quick math and you'll realize that was before the days of going down to the hobby shop and buying radio gear. You could buy kits (expensive for a kid) or you could scratch build your own using plans from some of the magazines that were around in those days. Transistors were new (expensive) and hard to come by, so everything used what we called 'peanut' tubes. Little vacuum tubes about the size of a...peanut.

As I got a little older, I started playing with cars--real ones. That kind of consumed my time until I went into the service. When I got home, I bought a hot-rod (70 Challeger RT-440-SixPack) and went back to school, and got a job.

In the late 70's I got back into RC a little bit. Built a funky little trainer airplane that was fun to fly (and not hard to fix when it crashed--which was often.) Then I took a job that had me flying all over the country and later the world. It wasn't until the 1990's I got interested in RC again, but the days of finding a school yard and flying seemed to be gone. You had to go to a special place to fly, carry insurance in case someone didn't scramble out of the way of the out-of-control aircraft. (Oh, perish the thought that they'd say 'it was an accident-no big deal. No, if someone was dumb enough to get hit by a plane that was in trouble, they'd sue you. Oops. Sorry. SOur grapes.)

Anyway, I decided I'd try model boating. So I went to the hobby shop, marvelled at the new toys. Bought an 18 inch deep-v hull, an outboard, radio and went home to play. Put a beautiful paintjob on it (red flake topsides, candy red and pearl white hull) got everything running, went to the lake, and watched the more experienced guys doing their thing. Said, "Okay, I can do that." Fired the engine up, got a volunteer to throw the boat into the water, and the engine stalled. Did this about twenty times that day and never got more than thirty feet from the launch point. Another guy tried the boat, had no problems. THe thing just ripped around the lake. Realized that I wasn't throwing the throttle all the way to the stop, and that the engine was 'digital'...on or off. No in between. No running slow. No poking up to a dock. Not my kind of boat. I hung a '4-sale' sign on it, and thanks to the paintjob, broke even.

Gave up RC again for another few years. On a lark, and because I had a wonderful pond in front of the apartment complex I lived in, I bought an RC sailboat. I've had a lot of fun with it. It's an old Kyosho Tradewinds 36-600, and does just fine for me. Like my real boat, it's obsolete as a racer, but I don't really care. I enjoy it. Most recently I decided to build an electric boat. Managed to get a Smit Nederland tug on the cheap at Ebay. Decided after looking at it a while that 'stock' didn't do much for me, so it's slowly becoming an 'excusion' yacht, something that's becoming popular in 'the real world'. I'm not in a huge rush, so I'm still just playing around with turning blocks of styro into superstructures. I'll glass the one I finally decide I like.

The pix are me, the big boat I captain, and my own boat. BTW, those racing stripes have been on the boat since the early 70's. They're going to go away when I paint the hull, since they have a rather different 'meaning' now. The little guy standing on deck was my 'first mate' for 14 years. His name was Skipper. Still miss the little devil. He was the best crew I ever had. Never complained about the lousy food on a passage, or not being able to take a hot shower, and he always obeyed orders! THe last picture was taken when I was skippering a Hatteras 53' Motor Yacht, a few years back. Happy dog!

gary

Name:	Yv65959.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	692994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31380.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	692995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53939.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	692996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22734.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	692997  
Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM
BUDMAN27

Wellcome aboard Capn Gary.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:10 AM
venomxx

Hi,
I am a single 25yrs old. Living in the Atlanta Georgia area. I have been into R/c ever since I was 15. That was when i got my first speedy electric buggy. Lately I am into r/c again to stay away from messing around with the wrong girls and wasting time and $ on them. The toys dont cheat on you, or ask for $, or bother the living crap out of you... agreed ? lol

Thats what i will be teaching my kidswhen i have kids.

Right now im building a boat. Soon hope to swing into submarines, cars, jet planes... I want to have one of each to tinker with in my free time.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For those who dont know me my name is Matt. Mid 30's, Engaged, and pretty happy.

I was 13 when I purchased my first weedwacker to install in an RC boat (if that gives you any idea how sick I am).

I have around 35 gas boats at the moment (in various stages of running) and fortunately just purchased a house on a lake.

I was a diesel technician in a past life though past decade have been more involved in technical/industrial sales (Industrial felts, fibers, ropes and cordage). I have always been involved involved in boating and sailing and find RC boats to be a more cost effective outlet.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Woodstock45678

Jacob from Kingsport TN living in Provo UT for school, mostly still models (Boats cars planes whatever) been into RC for a few months, started with a Kyosho mini-z ferrari and right now have a Blade cp Helo and a few RS X-Mods and a Dumas wooden boat kit on order.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi-Tide

Hi EveryBody , MY Name is Anthony, I Am I think 64, But That is what my birth cert. says , Me I am Only 39. And Holding,So If You Want To Ask , How Young Are You ,
I Am In the Boat Business , Hi-Tide Boat Sales & Service, I Live In CA. I Lived in The Bronx, Came out to Ca. In 1981
Winter Job . Went back home, Sold everything , Came to Ca. And Stayed, Worked In the Marina That I own Now ,
I Am A Full MerCruiser / Mercury Outboards Sales & Full Serviceing Dealer, Boats , Black Engines , Fishing, Not any more But Racing Go Fast Boats, Working on All Kinds Of Trailerable Boats 40' and Down, Now I am Getting Interested in The R/C
Boats, I bought The (24-one design ) Because My Friend Owns The Real one Put out by Volvo Penta 575 H/p fast, stable
Pour Design on the intake for the engine /Went thru 3 Eng,. I have Been Busy now, But I Have the Bottom On this Fine P/O/S Almost Tuned , I will Keep In Touch ,It is 10 pm now I am Going Home Dinner .
Well Thank You All , Anthony ( Hi-Tide )