Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Off Topic Forum - Boats
Reload this Page >

I need help guys!!!

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Boats Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. ABSOLUTELY NO religion or politics.

I need help guys!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
4wheelinrevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help guys!!!

I hate my job and want to get fired so i can collect some unemployment until i get a new job, i mean i want to get fired ASAP!

my mom works at the same place (totally different jobs) and the owner of the company yelled at her so loud everyone heard it across the whole office, im talking with the oor shut and a couple hundred feet away loud, and it was for a bull reason too, the boss yells at everyone like that,but this was uncalled for, i dint even know it was her he was yelling at or i would have done something about it. my mom came and told me what happened and she was crying.

i want to get fired instead of quiting because i only have 1 week of vacation time left and also the owners are teh cheapest people in the world. them paying unimployment would piss them off royally.

any idea's on how to get fired and still be able to collect unemployment from them.

i know you guys canhelp me out here
Old 04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: I need help guys!!!

First, to take care of the problem, if the company has a Human Resources department, complain to them. If they do nothing about the situation then go to your state Equal Employment Opportunity Commission also known as the Labor Board and file a formal complaint against the company.
One site is: http://www.eeoc.gov/ . What you are up against is bullying and harrassment in the workplace and is covered under the act established in 1964 which is also the same law that covers sexual harrassment. Throw that in their face if the conventional way does work then let them know that you can sue them for up to $300,000.00 and face Federal charges if they do not comply.
Seeing how it was the owner of the company, I'd file a complaint with the EEOC.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
TIA

This is an easy one.

You and your Mom need to go to Human Resources collectively and with a collaborative effort tell them to include the GM in your discussions, and tell them you feel you have been harassed in the workplace by said individual and tell them if this happens again you will give them the opportunity to get the situation rectified and if the problem persists you will have no choice but to get a lawyer and go to the labor board for resolution.

Document everything!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
TIA

Oops you beat me to it Ron!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
4wheelinrevo

there is no human resource department, our office consists of the 2 owners, the owners son, a seretary, 3 computer techs, 5 cusotmer service agents and thats about it.

the owner is so loud, heck even you older guys would know 1 of the owners great university of illinois JIM GRABOWSKI, he also played for the green bay packers and the bears (has 1 or 2 rings) with greenbay, he is actually the nice one
Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Ron Olson

A Lawyer will tell you to go to the Labor Board/EEOC first also. We've been having some similar problems lately where I work at. It doesn't matter if it's a fellow employee or management. Read the link that I gave you, it will help a lot with what's involved and the process. You mother should also get involved as she was wronged too.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
4wheelinrevo

FYI, the owner believes everything that the manager says, thatsa where the real problem lies herr, she is a coniving lier, and no matter how many times you prove her wrong to him he is blind.

take this for example last week she gave a customer credit for over $300, she just got on our service (a phone company) and was only on it for 3 weeks, the lady then switched back to SBC after 3 weeks then calle din and said she shouldnt have to pay because she switched away, the custoemr service rep that got the call told the manager what sjhe wanted the manager said no then after a few minutes the cusotmer asked for the manager then the manager took the call then a few minutes later the whole account was creditted out, so i went to the owner and told him that she credited an account just because the lady thought she shouldnt be charged for it, he then asked who is going to pay for it then i said you are, becasue we have to pay SBC for that linenot to mention the cost of switching the line to ur service, so in other words he lost $400 by her little credit, she does it al the time, thats alot of money when you are a long distance company that only charges 5 cents a minute, thats alot of profit margin gone, she got mad and makes stuff up and tells him thats why my mom got in trouble because she lied and told him that she is getting everyone in the office to go against her.

thats not right for that
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Ron Olson

Go to Mr. Grabowski first and have a talk with him. By talk, I mean calmly. Don't let him know your Ace in the hole card yet after seeing what the EEOC site has to say as most management doesn't want you to know that stuff hoping that you are stupid enough not to know.
If you get canned, talk to your state's unemployment office to let them know what is going on.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like Ron said document everything then take all your info to the labour board but before you take all your evidence make copies then show one copy to your bosses and watch the look on his her or there faces !!.if you have a tape recorder record his shouting too that also might help,he doesnt have a leg to stand on if you ask me.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
barnstormerboats

Wouldn't it be easier to simply go get a different job? Why set a goal for yourself to "COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT"? You will serve yourself much better to seek a better job and put this joker behind you. If you sit on your couch and pull Government checks from the mail, you will be looked down on by future employers. It is much easier to get a job when you already have one. If you go into an interview and they ask about what you have been doing, and you say "well, I got myself fired so I could collect unemployment to piss off my old boss" you will have a much harder time finding a new one. Just the fact that you got fired, whatever the reason, will become a roadblock to finding a new job.

JUST GO GET A DIFFERENT JOB! LET YOUR BOSS WALLOW IN THE MESS HE CREATED.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Believe It
Banned

suprised you both even have jobs there. Alot of companies wont hire anyone thats related to work in the same facility.

Like someone else said... find a better job? There's a chance you could get fired and would not qaulify to get unemployment....
Old 04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
edmkills

Yup it would be easier to just get a new job but to just turn the other cheek and walk away so he can abuse and humiliate the next guy wouldn't sit well with me [>:].
Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Flabum

I concur. Even if you solved this problem through the eeoc, the problem will still exist and some time further ahead you will "pay" for it. Get a new job, make more money and forget about it.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
asmithnc

I know a sure way to get fired. Sleep with your boss's wife and get caught. It works!!!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: asmithnc

I know a sure way to get fired. Sleep with your boss's wife and get caught. It works!!!!!
It sure does! A guy that worked with my father was having an affair with the bosses wife. She was older than me but I wouldn't have turned it down either! The guy was the companies truck driver hauling a tanker. The rig was found one night behind a mall and the boss called my dad to go pick it up. This idiot used to park within eyesight of the shop at a bar, sitting there getting wasted.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:07 PM
fastguy
Banned

go to the prank store ( http://www.prankplace.com ) buy lots of stuff

try these http://www.pranksite.com
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes get a new job. My gf worked in a major office supply store. She was terminated due to her drawer being over 3 times. The manager was taking and putting money in her drawer even though he wasnt allowed to touch it, it also happens he was sexually harassing many girls at the store.

You want to know what happened? the girls sued and lost because the company covered it up, and then fired the guy. 12 people quit within a month.

luckily my girlfriend got three references from managers of said store and got a better job. Lesson, do your job the best you can, find another job and quit, the trouble isnt worth it.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:46 AM
LtDoc

Don't do anything to get fired, bad move which you've probably already figured out. Finding a new job is a very good idea. If you want to 'prove a point' before quiting, do so with sly cunning and thought. As in don't do anything intentionally wrong/unusual to get yelled at. But, if/when it happens, ask the yelling boss to calm down and watch his mouth, politely. If that's ignored, tell him just as loudly to watch his mouth, don't be so offensive. If no improvement, walk away. One of two things will happen (both in your favor), you will be fired, or the next 'boss' up the line will become involved. In the first instance, go to the owner/pres/whatever he's called and tell him you have been abused verbally, then fired. Inform him that you are going to the 'labor board' and file a complaint. Thank him for seeing you and LEAVE. In the second instance, continue as before, but don't get any louder than the one talking to you. (If that 'boss' is female, be extra polite!) Continue till you reach the 'owner/pres/whatever. Same thing again. If no satisfaction, inform him about the 'labor board', and LEAVE. When you get abusive you are wrong, that's the important part, so don't. If your mother catches hell because of it, she's in 'better' shape than you are! Same thing, 'labor board'.
The main thing is don't do something that puts you in the wrong. Good luck.
- 'Doc
Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Ron Olson

From the EEOC website:
Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, and/or age. Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

Petty slights, annoyances, and isolated incidents (unless extremely serious) will not rise to the level of illegality. To be unlawful, the conduct must create a work environment that would be intimidating, hostile, or offensive to reasonable people.

Offensive conduct may include, but is not limited to, offensive jokes, slurs, epithets or name calling, physical assaults or threats, intimidation, ridicule or mockery, insults or put-downs, offensive objects or pictures, and interference with work performance. Harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following:

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, an agent of the employer, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but can be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
Unlawful harassment may occur without economic injury to, or discharge of, the victim.
Prevention is the best tool to eliminate harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take appropriate steps to prevent and correct unlawful harassment. They should clearly communicate to employees that unwelcome harassing conduct will not be tolerated. They can do this by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process, providing anti-harassment training to their managers and employees, and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains. Employers should strive to create an environment in which employees feel free to raise concerns and are confident that those concerns will be addressed.

Employees are encouraged to inform the harasser directly that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. Employees should also report harassment to management at an early stage to prevent its escalation.

If your boss starts in with his rap again, simply say "Are you harrassing me?". This seems to shut them up quickly.