Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

When you know someone plays too many games

Old 10-21-2010, 11:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When you know someone plays too many games

Real life GTA chase in Brazil
http://jalopnik.com/5662887/this-vio...o-in-real-life
My friend sent me this a few days ago, and seeing I haven't seen it posted figured I'd give it a go.

So anyone else see any stupid crimes imitate video games so well?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
buggyboy2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When you know someone plays too many games

This is why games like GTA get labeled and blamed for such violance, Which is completely unfair, If some people can't grasp fiction from real life, Then they should be locked up in a mental institution.. Can not be blaming peoples actions on video games!, Just like 10yrs ago or so, A certain school shooting?? Wasn't Duke Nukem blamed for that? The truth is, Thoes guys used the map maker to plan out thier assault and then the "violent" game gets accused for it.. Just My 2cents..

Also that guy was an escaped convict, Wouldn't You do anything You could in his situation? lol

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

My friend sent me this a few days ago, and seeing I haven't seen it posted figured I'd give it a go.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:44 AM
J.D.T

and blaming movies is just as bad, they tried to blame a fatal crash in NY on the fast and the furious movie, the corvette is no big loss but the lambo is a tradegy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51130.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1521050  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

This is why games like GTA get labeled and blamed for such violance, Which is completely unfair, If some people can't grasp fiction from real life, Then they should be locked up in a mental institution.. Can not be blaming peoples actions on video games!, Just like 10yrs ago or so, A certain school shooting?? Wasn't Duke Nukem blamed for that? The truth is, Thoes guys used the map maker to plan out thier assault and then the ''violent'' game gets accused for it.. Just My 2cents..

Also that guy was an escaped convict, Wouldn't You do anything You could in his situation? lol

I know you could tell he never played the game though. Everyone knows after getting your car wedged like that between the bus he should have jumped out and grabbed the sports car that the one guy ran away from not keep trying to get the same thing unstuck

Honestly I was laughing watching that with how similar it looked to GTA 1 and 2 with how people were running away.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
lee172

I love GTA, and spent a lot of time playing many of them, but would i go out and re-create it? no.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL, Ya that's classic, He did get one move right, Reverse quick and knock cop off bike..hahaha

This is why games like GTA get labeled and blamed for such violance, Which is completely unfair, If some people can't grasp fiction from real life, Then they should be locked up in a mental institution.. Can not be blaming peoples actions on video games!, Just like 10yrs ago or so, A certain school shooting?? Wasn't Duke Nukem blamed for that? The truth is, Thoes guys used the map maker to plan out thier assault and then the ''violent'' game gets accused for it.. Just My 2cents..

I know you could tell he never played the game though. Everyone knows after getting your car wedged like that between the bus he should have jumped out and grabbed the sports car that the one guy ran away from not keep trying to get the same thing unstuck

Honestly I was laughing watching that with how similar it looked to GTA 1 and 2 with how people were running away.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM
sheograth

the fiesty spanish commentary makes it all the better.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL, Like watching a soccer game GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAA!

ORIGINAL: sheograth

the fiesty spanish commentary makes it all the better.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
only1battman

ya exactly like a brazilian soccer game.
that guy must have been doing drugs and drinking FOUR LOKO all at once...
Old 10-30-2010, 09:16 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Why would anyone blame a car chase on a video game? Obviously the dude was seriously wanted, and really really didn't want to go back to jail. A video game was probably the last thing on his mind.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 AM
ElectricGuy007

Personallly I dont play GTA games anymore, they get old and boring after a few hours of play to me.
I MASTERED GTA3 for PS2 a few months after it came out, then
they started making Vice City, San Andreas, and all these other ones and Im like,
it's the same stuff all over again, kill people, take thier car,
go ambush someone,
have a passenger in the car you have to protect.
Sure 3 was great because it was the only one you worked for the mafia.
Vice City you could buy the entire town if you wanted to.
San Andreas you could raid a Air Force and steal the Helicopter.
In that copter you can easyly get FULL STARS on the cops and they cant get you.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
The_Shark

i personally hate GTA- i dont like to play the bad guy, i like to play the good guy that kills the bad guys, thats why the punisher on PS2 is one of my favorite shooters. GTA is just dirty.

people will blame just about anything to get out of trouble/sue, IE. beavis and butthead, jackass, video games, movies toyota recalls ect.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL!

ORIGINAL: The_Shark
toyota recalls ect.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

toyota recalls ect.
I was working at the plant when that was happening... talking about hell. Some people actually died in a crash because some genius thought he could get a nice settlement by flooring his prius into a ditch at 85.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

toyota recalls ect.
I was working at the plant when that was happening... talking about hell. Some people actually died in a crash because some genius thought he could get a nice settlement by flooring his prius into a ditch at 85.
well he wasnt that smart in the first place if he bought a prius! (slaps knee)
Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM
ElectricGuy007

i personally hate GTA- i dont like to play the bad guy, i like to play the good guy that kills the bad guys, thats why the punisher on PS2 is one of my favorite shooters. GTA is just dirty.

people will blame just about anything to get out of trouble/sue, IE. beavis and butthead, jackass, video games, movies toyota recalls ect.
I dont either. That's why I just stick with Role Playing Games these days. "My cousin made a joke about RPG's and said
he doesnt like number jumping" I said "The numbers just appear they dont jump" i play them for the good stories.
One of my other cousin;s likes to play WOW, and plans on getting that new game CATACLYSUM, I was like now
your gonna get started on something you may not ever finish. He said "I Dont care"
....I personally never liked WORLD OF WARCRAFT(WOW) myself, the games really dont end.[:-]
Kinda like those stupid facebook games people cant stop playing. Now I play Castle Age on facebook but that is it.
I dont start on anything Zynga, never liked Farmville or all that other crap.[:@]
Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
buggyboy2010

I wasted about 3years of My life on WoW and was only around level 65 ( peak was 80 at the time ), It just got really irritating and slow

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

I dont either. That's why I just stick with Role Playing Games these days. "My cousin made a joke about RPG's and said
he doesnt like number jumping" I said "The numbers just appear they dont jump" i play them for the good stories.
One of my other cousin;s likes to play WOW, and plans on getting that new game CATACLYSUM, I was like now
your gonna get started on something you may not ever finish. He said "I Dont care"
....I personally never liked WORLD OF WARCRAFT(WOW) myself, the games really dont end.[:-]
Kinda like those stupid facebook games people cant stop playing. Now I play Castle Age on facebook but that is it.
I dont start on anything Zynga, never liked Farmville or all that other crap.[:@]
Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 PM
ElectricGuy007

I wasted about 3years of My life on WoW and was only around level 65 ( peak was 80 at the time ), It just got really irritating and slow
Sorry to hear that...I feel your pain. I think my cousin isnt even level 50 yet.[:@]
Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL, Yea, previous to that I played another game called Risk Your Life ( RYL ) pretty much the same thing, And that was another 4yrs almost lol.. I'm done with those types of games now.. Just play PS3 ( Black Ops! lol )

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

Sorry to hear that...I feel your pain. I think my cousin isnt even level 50 yet.[:@]