Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Morals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Morals?

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
Shark I feel ya with the drivers. Almost get plowed into every time I drive someplace. Then ontop of that are the clueless pedestrians walking into traffic, without looking, while bouncing their heads to whatever is blasting on their MP3 players while texting on their damn cellphones.
A while ago someone step out in front of a truck (while yacking on a cellphone of course), I mean like 20 Ft. in front of it, thankfully the truck was only doing like 15-20 and just bumped the person, (didn't even knock the guy over) he didn't even get a scratch on himself . The next day in the paper I read about a guy suing a truck driver for ruining in to him......

They are still out there revving the living daylights out of that poor poor engine, I can't even see the street.....
Old 11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Agreed, And it's not just America that's failing in that situation, Canada is just as bad if not worse, I could go on and on but You have said everything that is a mirror image of what both countries children, And how they are acting, I wasn't a perfect lil angel Myself, I partied My butt off, You name it I've done it..lol, But I never was so rude and inconsiderate of other people like kids are today, Example: Just today the highschool kids ( I live like a block away from the town highschool ) were heading out to lunch, I just happneded to be outside having a smoke and seen this kid throw a pizza box on My lawn, I asked ''Hey man, You want to pick that up and throw it in the garbage?'' I did ask nicely. He looked right at Me and kept walking, So I said again, ''HEY, Can You pick that up?!'' with a louder tone, He turned around flipped Me the bird and said F-U, Ok I'm 6'1 230lbs.. Not a small dude, This kid was 5ft nothing, I threw down My smoke and started to stomp after Him, Little brat took off like a wuss.. So I grabbed the pizza box, Walked it up to the highschool and threw it on their yard, Just My luck a teacher see's Me and comes out in a rampage telling Me to pick it up, I just said, Start teaching respect,Your students need to learn how to be considerate to people and clean up their own mess, And kept walking.. The nerve! I'm still shaking a bit lol..

There was this one person that would always let their dog do you know what in our yard, so finly one day I just camped out out there, and ask the person to please pick it up, and I was even going to give her the bag and a set of disposable gloves, in stead, am am not going to repeat what she said, but similar to the response you got. So, the next day, when she came around I took a video of it, and called up a friend in code enforcement, and I have never had a problem again. But there nerve of people amazes me. I mean really I don't mind of you have a dog, I don't even mind if it has to go and gos in our yard, just pick it up!

Ohh on yards I completely forgot (nothing about dog waste though) But to get the thread back on topic even more

The people 2 doors down put up a fence around their front yard so no one will walk on their grass. Their kids play foot ball on me and my neighbors front lawns... When my neighbor asked their parents to tel them to stop, they got nuts. Seriously if they don't want their own kids on their grass do they think we want their little idiots on ours? These punks(or how I call em future inmates) also have broken our lamp by smashing into it.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw some idiot run into the back of a semi while it was turning into the street my shops on.... how do you not see a truck turning ????
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
The_Shark

the adults are in denial, they know their kids are not great and when someone calls them on it they get ticked, man how many times have i heard "oh my kid would NEVER do THAT!"
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i saw some idiot run into the back of a semi while it was turning into the street my shops on.... how do you not see a truck turning ????
I had a kid ride a bike into my car while I was stopped at a stop light, he was playing with a cellphone at the time...

Maybe they should make it a felony for parents to let kids use cell phones. That might fix alot of the issues with potential road kill.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
warheadforever

Ohh on yards I completely forgot (nothing about dog waste though) But to get the thread back on topic even more

The people 2 doors down put up a fence around their front yard so no one will walk on their grass. Their kids play foot ball on me and my neighbors front lawns... When my neighbor asked their parents to tel them to stop, they got nuts. Seriously if they don't want their own kids on their grass do they think we want their little idiots on ours? These punks(or how I call em future inmates) also have broken our lamp by smashing into it.
Yea, they destroyed all of our Christmas light last year, they were 45 years old (the Christmas lights) and still going strong and looked amazing..... they ripped everyone of them out of it's socket, and smashed it on the driveway.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

the adults are in denial, they know their kids are not great and when someone calls them on it they get ticked, man how many times have i heard ''oh my kid would NEVER do THAT!''
LOL
turn on the news when some gang banger shoots someone MY BABY IS A GOOD GOD LOVING BOY WHO GOES TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY HE'D NEVER DO THAT... Mam he was on camera and had 10 witnesses. OHH NO THATS WRONG MY BABY IS A GOOD BOY....

And seeing you live in plainfield you should know what I'm talking about on the local chicago news
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
warheadforever

the adults are in denial, they know their kids are not great and when someone calls them on it they get ticked, man how many times have i heard ''oh my kid would NEVER do THAT!''
LOL
turn on the news when some gang banger shoots someone MY BABY IS A GOOD GOD LOVING BOY WHO GOES TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY HE'D NEVER DO THAT... Mam he was on camera and had 10 witnesses. OHH NO THATS WRONG MY BABY IS A GOOD BOY....

And seeing you live in plainfield you should know what I'm talking about on local news
Ph, and somehow she never even noticed the gun smell in his room, or that he wears his pants down at his knees.

By the way they are still out there with that poor engine, I guess they think that revving it to 12K will fix it.....
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
The_Shark

LOL

And seeing you live in plainfield you should know what I'm talking about on the local chicago news
yup, and im close enough to joliet and aroura to hear thier news. (plainfield schools are going down the drain too, lots of racial/gang wars)

its always the same story "he would never do that" and always with the accidental shootings.... LEARN HOW TO FIRE A GUN, sights dont work if the gun is sideways.

warhead- that is friggin halarious! let us know when it goes WIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE.....SQUEEEEK............... and then lots of smoking
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
warheadforever

LOL

yup, and im close enough to joliet and aroura to hear thier news. (plainfield schools are going down the drain too, lots of racial/gang wars)

its always the same story ''he would never do that'' and always with the accidental shootings.... LEARN HOW TO FIRE A GUN, sights dont work if the gun is sideways.
Lets please not go down that road, I love guns, but there is another thread to talk about that in.

But, I do agree with you.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

LOL

its always the same story ''he would never do that'' and always with the accidental shootings.... LEARN HOW TO FIRE A GUN, sights dont work if the gun is sideways.
Lets please not go down that road, I love guns, but there is another thread to talk about that in.

But, I do agree with you.
I had a physics class in college that the teacher used "gangsta" shooting method to teach us ballistics, and why it don't work. I loved how he started out he drew 2 stick figures on the board and was like: This is you, this guy over hear is looking at you funny, So you want to bust a cap in his ass.
Guy was one of the most brilliant and hilarious people I've met. He could break the most complex theories down into common language, and make it interesting
Old 11-10-2010, 11:51 PM
warheadforever

warhead- that is friggin halarious! let us know when it goes WIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE.....SQUEEEEK............... and then lots of smoking
LOL Nope I think he dropped a valve because it sound like some foreign metal object was rattling around in it... and since then it seems to have stopped... LOL And I am in the house across the street! [:-]

Old 11-11-2010, 01:12 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People are too rude and inconsiderate in public these days, there's no reason to be. Manners and politeness matter and people should exercise them more. It's not hard, and its a win win situation - if you treat people better you get treated better in return.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 AM
airplanenut1
My Feedback: (19)

i'm only 26 myself but i'm in shock with what i hear some times i was out flying one day at a public park and a group of kids walked up and did the normal thing start asking 500 questions and i don't have a problem with answering them they were all like 13 to 15 yrs old and of all the people to ask the youngest looking one of the bunch asks me only one question and that was can you kill someone with that (the model plane) and i just stopped looked up and said "is that the first thing that comes to your mind when you see one of these ?!?! i'm not even gonna answer that" and then he said "oh well that stuff costs alot and my parents wouldn't buy that for me anyway" and after i heard that i just couldn't take it anymore and went back to flying thinking to myself WOW i'm gonna see that kid on the news one day
Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 AM
IFR Pilot

Back in the day father and son could be seen in the front yard throwing a baseball and congratulating each other after each catch. Mom could be seen planting flowers near the house and the dog could be seen chasing his ball surrounded by a white pickett fence and the neighbors asking one another how they are doing.

No more morals, respect, manners, honor, politeness, discilpine, fairness truth these days. It's all about what can I get for free, how can I steal without getting caught, what can you do for me not what can I do for you, drugs, laziness, disrespect, corruption, robbing, lies, gangs etc... Makes me sick!

Let's look at music for a minute.

Richie Valens v/s Justin Bieber

Johnny Cash v/s Brad Pasiely

Dolly Parton v/s Taylor Swift

What is going on these days will only get worse if you can imagine, sad man.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Haddi Taha

i was driving my drag racer set up tamiya onroad when a kid asked my to ram it into his mom cause she said..................... pinch me please tell me that was a dream
Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
cumquat

i am a (usually) well behaved 17 year old, i hold doors for people, i am known to help some older people at the grocery store get stuff off the top shelf or put dog food in their trunk, up until i was 10 i was a regular church attender (haven't been since i was 13 because there where some people that came that i felt shouldn't be there)(i no longer believe in organized religion) but i still volunteer at the church's events (the church is the salvation army. bet you didnt know it was a church).

im not perfect, i have had some trouble with certain laws (namely truancy) and i have gotten into fights at school (actually, they where more of beatings but not unprovoked) resulting in 2 in-house detentions and one 3 day suspension. i have always had a short temper and from what i have been told, i have blacked out at least twice.

i was raised in a fairly rural area for most of my life but i did live in an apartment for 2 or 3 years when i was young and we lived with my aunt for a few months (though, i still don't know why) and i think the fact that i lived so far away for any real crime is the reason i'm not in juvy or worse. i don't blame technology for our problems, i blame overpopulation of cities. if it wasn't for Detroit being so populated the riots wouldn't have been nearly as bad.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: sheograth

People are too rude and inconsiderate in public these days, there's no reason to be. Manners and politeness matter and people should exercise them more. It's not hard, and its a win win situation - if you treat people better you get treated better in return.
Sadly, while I always strive to treat people fairly, when you treat most people nicely the just walk all over you, and try to take advantage of your good will.

Out of 4 years of working I have only met 6 people who are truly good people.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake
No more morals, respect, manners, honor, politeness, discipline, fairness truth these days. It's all about what can I get for free, how can I steal without getting caught, what can you do for me not what can I do for you, drugs, laziness, disrespect, corruption, robbing, lies, gangs etc... Makes me sick!
You hit the nail on the head my friend, there seems to be no such thing as trust anymore, it is like a unknown object in their vocabulary.
A good friend of mine who is a doctor, says he see at least 12-14 people a day that are on Social Security and Well Fair, that have nothing wrong with them. He reports them to the police, but the cops don't seem to want to do much about it.

It truly is a sad state of affairs.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Saburo Sakai

In response to many posters comments of suppression of free speech:
Free speech is the law of the land according to the first ammendment to the constitution, ASIS THE EXPRESSION OF RELIGION.
The State shall not establish anyreligiion over others. THESTATE SHALL NOT INFRINGE ON THE PEOPLE'S FREE EXPRESSION OF RELIGION IN THE PUBLIC SQUARE
That's the "separation of church/state" that ismisrepresented by our public schools.
The state is not to infringe upon the People's expression of it.
People in America have it all backwards today.
I suggest you who wish to supress something you may not agree withdo some reading of FACTS before SUPRESSING FREE SPEECH.

SELF-EDIT:In hIndsightI recognize and respect that RCU is private property and they reserve the right to cut this if they so choose....but I would hope they would not cut the 1st Amendment facts, as our children are not told thetruth on this and that is a crime.I was trying to help.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
The_Shark

Saburo Sakai- im sorry but to avoid this thread getting locked religion and politics are off limits, its a very personal and a very hot topic.

...and i can open up a can of whoop-ass on politics[sm=devious.gif]

it is true, in this world, you can be a nice guy and get walked on, this is why i think everyone is a jerk, me, i always give the benefit of the doubt, be nice, but i will not be stepped on, at that point i throw it all back and dont talk with that person again.

kinda like my saying "stay at my level and everything will go swimmingly, make it seem like im below you, and your going to get attacked."
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

In response to many posters comments of suppression of free speech:
Free speech is the law of the land according to the first ammendment to the constitution, AS IS THE EXPRESSION OF RELIGION.
The State shall not establish any religiion over others. THE STATE SHALL NOT INFRINGE ON THE PEOPLE'S FREE EXPRESSION OF RELIGION IN THE PUBLIC SQUARE
That's the ''separation of church/state'' that is misrepresented by our public schools.
The state is not to infringe upon the People's expression of it.
People in America have it all backwards today.
I suggest you who wish to supress something you may not agree with do some reading of FACTS before SUPRESSING FREE SPEECH.
THE CONTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES WILL NOT BE VIOLATED IN THIS THREAD, AGAINST MY POST.
FACT.
DON'T BELIEVE ME? WATCH.
Read the forum rules son.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 AM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

What I think bothers me more than just about anything is when I hear someone say they were "distrespected".....makes me want to toss my cookies. I give everyone a basic amount of respect, mainly because they can walk upright and have a thumb, however, it is up to them where the amount of "respect" goes from there: up or down. Many people give no respect, and expect it in return from everyone around them. Usually the worst offenders of the "due unto others..." reference are themselves the worst offenders.

I am also offended by everyone being offended. I am tired of political correctness, which has neutered our speech to a point where most folks are afraid to say anything because it may "offend" someone. Look at the recent NPR firing of Juan Williams. Now, I am not a big NPR supporter in the first place, nor a Juan Williams advocate. But really? He gives an honest answer to a question, and gets fired for it............someone may get offended. Its rediculous. I am an athiest too (actually I consider myslef an agnostic, but most people don't know the difference anyway, so I just say athiest), but it doesn't bother me if it says "In God We Trust" on our money. Its part of our social fabric, I got better things to worry about, as long as they don't expect me follow their dogma, I'm OK.

It angers me everytime I see someone with their shopping cart sidways blocking an entire aisle as they search for the best deal on a can of dog food, as if they are the only person on the planet. Totally braindead to what is going on around them, in a vacuum of stupidity as they scratch their head looking at the shelf, totally unaware that they have caused shopping cart chaos all around them.

As far as religion goes, the only thing I will say is that the last thing I would assume is that bringing religion back into the mix will fix anything. As I see it, it can cause as many issues as it may fix........

Just my $.0.02

Dave
Old 11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
J.D.T

Do You mean that literally or just for an example?

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

''if you are poor and stupid the odds are your kids are gonna be poor and stupid''

One of my degrees is in sociology, trust me the correlations between poverty and education are sickening, you would think if anyone would want to pay attention in class to grow up and have something a little better it would be the people living with nothing.
Needless to say this is not a hard and fast rule, thus the "odds are"

Whoever said that about the high school kids and the trash I have to agree, I live about 2.5 blocks from the second largest high school around here (4000 or so) and Taco Johns is at the end of my street with a mcdonalds 1 block south of it, piles of crap, by the end of winter last year when the snow melted it looked about 20% still covered by all the bags and cups thrown out.

I laugh alot at the fart can guys, how they gotta rev to 3000 rpms just to move away from the light, they changed the street scene around here, back in the old days you could go buy a new Mustang and go find a race that night, now you would find a bunch of busters that all want you to race the same three cars(the only fast ones out that night lol) You gotta know when and where any real action is going down otherwise its just a bunch of goonies, thank goodness for the age of cell phones, back in '87 we had secret hiding spots around town we left notes so everyone would know when and where things were going down.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
buggyboy2010

Ah gotcha

And Yea, That was Me talking about the trash from the kids, and fart pipes! lol....

And just happened today again with the trash, But didn't witness who did it.. If its that big of a deal, I'll call the school up and have them put a garbage can on the lide of My lawn ( Live on a coner lot ), Then there would be no excuse for that BS

Do You mean that literally or just for an example?

''if you are poor and stupid the odds are your kids are gonna be poor and stupid''

One of my degrees is in sociology, trust me the correlations between poverty and education are sickening, you would think if anyone would want to pay attention in class to grow up and have something a little better it would be the people living with nothing.
Needless to say this is not a hard and fast rule, thus the "odds are"

Whoever said that about the high school kids and the trash I have to agree, I live about 2.5 blocks from the second largest high school around here (4000 or so) and Taco Johns is at the end of my street with a mcdonalds 1 block south of it, piles of crap, by the end of winter last year when the snow melted it looked about 20% still covered by all the bags and cups thrown out.

I laugh alot at the fart can guys, how they gotta rev to 3000 rpms just to move away from the light, they changed the street scene around here, back in the old days you could go buy a new Mustang and go find a race that night, now you would find a bunch of busters that all want you to race the same three cars(the only fast ones out that night lol) You gotta know when and where any real action is going down otherwise its just a bunch of goonies, thank goodness for the age of cell phones, back in '87 we had secret hiding spots around town we left notes so everyone would know when and where things were going down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.