Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Morals?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 AM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morals?

What on this great earths has happened!!!!???? Where has all the morals of people gone it seems like they don't apply anymore......

I was at the bowling ally 2 days ago, playing pool (I hate playing at pool halls they always allow smoking[:'(]) and this song came on the radio it the whole song was nothing but curse words, and this was playing in a bowling ally!!!! And what kind of messed up sicko would even make a song like that??!!

Kids now-in-days, never say please, the other day, I was driving one of my R/C cars, and this kid came up to me (looked about 12) and said "give that to me I want to drive that" then he tried to take the controller from me!!!!!!!!

I have herd 5 year olds using cures words like any other word right in front of their parents and they do nothing...

I was in Radio Shack a few days ago getting some capacitors for my guitar, and they had a space on the shelf for them but there was none there, sooo I went to the front desk and asked of they could please go to the back and check. The guy didn;t even look up from his cellphone, and tolled me they and have any and to..... I am not repeating it.

What is UP, I mean this is ridiculous there are people that wave singes that say "DIE AMERICA" and yet they are on SS and are getting food stamps!!!!!!!!!!!

Where on EARTH has peoples morals gone??

Well thank you for listing to my little rant.
Warhead
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Eman77

Default RE: Morals?

One little piece of the puzzle is parenting. Good parenting is incredibly essential. And by "good", I don't mean "be little Johnny's friend". That's where folks stumble. You can still be a nice, happy parent that your kid loves, but also just and fair with solid rules. You must have consequences, enforce them, and be willing to have struggles - and not back down.

I'm at an age where I interact a lot with other parents (my kids are 6 and 4) due to scouts, soccer, school, stuff like that where you're exposed to other parent/child interactions at this age quite a bit. It's mind boggling and frustrating what you see out there.

I am by no means a perfect parent. But at least I recognize that, and make an effort to work on it.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
buggyboy2010

I agree %100, Canada has NO SMOKING period in any place of business which is nice, Even though I am a smoker, I'd rather not be sitting in a smoke filled room eating or having fun, It's a simple move to just step outside!, And with the music today.. good lord. it's all terrible, From the new Rap to that little Justin "beaver" kid lol.. It's horrible.. I mean I'm only 25, But the difference from what music I used to listen to in the early to mid 90's was great and actually consisted of TALENT!
As for kids today.. I could rant on and on.. Parents spoil and don't give a crap about what their kids do or say, They would rather sit them in front of a game, TV, Computer, Or give them a cell phone rather then do some actual parenting, The other day I was in the post office and this kid walks in and the lady asks Him nicely to just go walk around the building for a few mins, His Mom was just finishing up work and was a bit busy to ask Him her self, But the kid just had to back talk with this rude ass tone, He said "why?" And the lady said "Please just wait outside" And with that tone He said "But I asked why!", Again She asked nicely, "Please just wait outside", Then what He said next floored Me, " I don't have to F'ing listen to You B***h!", I was shocked! There were about 6 other customers in there who just gasped in disgust, This kid had to have been maybe 12-13yrs, But in the middle of all that His Mother was dealing with a customer and over heard most of it, She went beat red in the face, I felt so bad fer Her.. But somewhere She went wrong!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:29 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: Eman77

One little piece of the puzzle is parenting. Good parenting is incredibly essential. And by ''good'', I don't mean ''be little Johnny's friend''. That's where folks stumble. You can still be a nice, happy parent that your kid loves, but also just and fair with solid rules. You must have consequences, enforce them, and be willing to have struggles - and not back down.

I'm at an age where I interact a lot with other parents (my kids are 6 and 4) due to scouts, soccer, school, stuff like that where you're exposed to other parent/child interactions at this age quite a bit. It's mind boggling and frustrating what you see out there.

I am by no means a perfect parent. But at least I recognize that, and make an effort to work on it.
My parents are like what you described, they are very nice, but if I had done something wrong ooo-boy...... Maybe that is why I am so different, people tell me I act like someone from a long time ago, I always say please, I say thank you hold the door open for other people, ect. And I personally find it a astonishingly amazing how unbehaved, and silly people act to day over little things.

There is no such thing as tolerance anymore, you say something someone else doesn't like they instantly scream that you are offensive to them. What has happened to just doing your thing and leavening me alone. I mean, I don;'t listen to other peoples conversations, and yet, if I am chatting to a friend and say something that someone else may not like they are all over you with lawyers faster then you can blink. Freedom of speech of speech doesn't seem to mean anything any more. I mean after all it is just so offensive if I use the word God in my country's Pledge of Allegiance..... What!? I mean come on if you don't like it, then why listen, or at least show some tolerance.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 AM
The_Shark

worlds going to hell in a hand-basket.

kids are no longer kids, they are small (and stupid) adults, they act the same, they dress the same and talk the same.

i blame alot on cell phones and media, especially with the girls.

they world is decaying, but its worth living and caring about for the few good people and places.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

I agree %100, Canada has NO SMOKING period in any place of business which is nice, Even though I am a smoker, I'd rather not be sitting in a smoke filled room eating or having fun, It's a simple move to just step outside!, And with the music today.. good lord. it's all terrible, From the new Rap to that little Justin ''beaver'' kid lol.. It's horrible.. I mean I'm only 25, But the difference from what music I used to listen to in the early to mid 90's was great and actually consisted of TALENT!
As for kids today.. I could rant on and on.. Parents spoil and don't give a crap about what their kids do or say, They would rather sit them in front of a game, TV, Computer, Or give them a cell phone rather then do some actual parenting, The other day I was in the post office and this kid walks in and the lady asks Him nicely to just go walk around the building for a few mins, His Mom was just finishing up work and was a bit busy to ask Him her self, But the kid just had to back talk with this rude ass tone, He said ''why?'' And the lady said ''Please just wait outside'' And with that tone He said ''But I asked why!'', Again She asked nicely, ''Please just wait outside'', Then what He said next floored Me, '' I don't have to F'ing listen to You B***h!'', I was shocked! There were about 6 other customers in there who just gasped in disgust, This kid had to have been maybe 12-13yrs, But in the middle of all that His Mother was dealing with a customer and over heard most of it, She went beat red in the face, I felt so bad fer Her.. But somewhere She went wrong!

I really don't care what people listen to music wise, if you like rap and hip-hop, good for you but please don't make me listen to it as well I hate the stuff, but I have tolerance, if it comes on the radio in the bowling ally, so be it, that's fine there is more then likely some there who likes it. But why does it have to be nothing but cures words??!!!!

My dad is a smoker, and the last thing I want to deal with is more smoke when I go out, so that is why I play at the bowling ally.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

worlds going to hell in a hand-basket.

kids are no longer kids, they are small (and stupid) adults, they act the same, they dress the same and talk the same.

i blame alot on cell phones and media, especially with the girls.

they world is decaying, but its worth living and caring about for the few good people and places.
That is what I mean, and people are so lazy that they won't even stop texting or whatever they do with phones, to do their job.

Also I hate the using "U" as you, and all of that stupid stuff I mean are they just sooooo lazy that they can;t type to more words?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone see that new toyota highlander commercial with the little kid with curly blonde hair?

that commercial makes me sick and it's a great example of how kids are these days.

it's disturbing.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

anyone see that new toyota highlander commercial with the little kid with curly blonde hair?

that commercial makes me sick and it's a great example of how kids are these days.

it's disturbing.
That commercial is soooo obnoxious
Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
The_Shark

i thought phones where going to be a short lasting fad, i was wrong, now everyone has a phone glued to thier ear or thumbs flailing around.

facebook, twitter, myspace and texing gets a person more involved with people, however, it also takes them out of reality of whats around them and who's around them, and usually thats the family- the most important thing in life.

the world makes me sick, i feel i should belong in the 50-60's
Old 11-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

As my dad being a pastor I grew up in a very controlled household. I have to agree with you. Words like *****, [email protected] and I have even hear some others that Im not going to repeat on the radio and t.v... What?! I remember when you couldnt call someone dumb on TV.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
LewAshby
Banned

The biggest problem is parents are no longer allowed to be parents.

If I did something wrong when I was a kid and got caught - I would get the belt. I stayed out of trouble because I was in fear for what would happen to me at home.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: warheadforever
I was at the bowling ally 2 days ago, playing pool (I hate playing at pool halls they always allow smoking[:'(]) and this song came on the radio it the whole song was nothing but curse words, and this was playing in a bowling ally!!!! And what kind of messed up sicko would even make a song like that??!!
i would make it. i listen to it. and i do drive around blasting it out of my car.
then again im all about corrupting the youth. mostly just to screw with parents. they don't seem to have a problem trying to control me, but god forbid they try to control there own kids. idiots

ORIGINAL: warheadforever
Where on EARTH has peoples morals gone??
out the window in favor of social status and profit. thought you knew?
it's also a responsibility that technology has overshadowed. i blame cell phones. the more popular they got, the more things went to hell
Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
garry1970

+1 To This.

I can tell you an instance that may give you some hope.

Last night I was in BestBuy buying a new home theater system $$$$$, thinking the store was almost out of stock I called ahead and told them the items I was going to purchase and they pre picked it for me and kept it at customer service, I'm thinking this is going pretty good but it gets better. I get to the store after work and the young fellow I dealt with was so very professional during ringing it all in I was blown away, now for the best yet... we go to load the tv etc into my van and when we are done he shook my hand and said enjoy your new home theater.
The fellow I dealt with was 18 or 19 years old!

So please keep in mind you hardly notice all the really good youth out there but you remember the bad ones forever.

I have a 19 yr old girl and a 14 yr old girl and they have boundaries and are respectful because my wife and I have always taught them to be that way, I can stop my kids in their tracks with one look if we're out in public when I need to.

The moral of the story is kids are products of the parents, if the parents aren't getting it done then the kids may be animals.
I say may because I grew up in a single parent family with a alcoholic father and I turned out okay, I have an awesome family and a good career.

Well I'll get off my soap box now.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
J.D.T

look up nature vs nurture, its an age old debate
No matter what you do your kids may turn out good or screwed up, if you are poor and stupid the odds are your kids are gonna be poor and stupid but in this day and age and especially this country its the individual free will that makes you what they are.
I know two brothers who were raised right, church twice a week, boy scouts, sports and community involvement were parts of there daily lives, good schools, stay at home mom and while they were not rock start rich the family is well off and they had every advantage that a child could have, one got life and the other got 25 years for killing someone over a $27 video game, their parents were of course shocked, how could this happen? what had they done wrong? Absolutely nothing, the boys exercised their own free will and made decisions they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
There are a hundred stories of kids who although they never really had a chance they ended up getting out and becoming productive members of society even though their mom was a drug addicted hooker and there dad was someone they had never met. IE "I closed my eyes" Micheal Oher
If the parents are teaching them bad things it don't have to stick just like when some parents are teaching good things that will not always stick either.
I was taught to respect my elders, treat women like gold and "act right", all this was fine and good until about 15 when I realized I liked Liqour and *****s way more than I liked roller skating and holding hands with nice girls. I decided to do some things I ain't proud of now, all I can do is be thankful I ain't dead or in jail at this point. I try to make the right decisions every day, that is what being a man is all about IMO, you can only control yourself, you can advise and guide but if you try to hard to control your kids it may come back to burn you, my preacher uncle wouldn't allow my cousin to watch Forrest Gump when he was 16 because of the S word, its been 7 years since my cousin joined the navy and he hasn't been home to his parents house since....It was left to me to get ahold of him for my grandmas funeral because his mom and dad were trying his phone in Italy and he has been in Korea since 2007.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
garry1970

JDT,

You do make a very valid point, good parents can still end up with troubled kids no matter how hard they try. I guess I'm going to hang my hat on the simple fact that so far my kids are doing okay and I'd like to think my wife and I had a little to do with it.

I think this thread will make for some really interesting reading.

Garry
Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
redfisher1974

Some kids are just goofs no matter how good the parents are.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
J.D.T

I think by 19 and 14 you would have a pretty good idea by now if they were screwed up, good job outta you.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
elven wizard

At the auto shop I met up with a bunch of teens walking the sidewalk. They liked my car. They were into cussing, gel hair and trying to look cool. There attitude was that they can kick anyone's butt. When they talked they had a slang to there voice a few times they talked normal when they were talking to each other but with me they used the change of voice maybe cause it's macho. They said there going to be rich and famous. Ferrari's, the big house with so many rooms you get lost in it. I asked how are you going to do that ? They said they didn't know how but there just going to be millionaires. I said you have to have a game plan. They said nah it's easy ( of course they were talking with a lighted cigeratte in there mouth ) Then that was it off they went. The boys days are spent walking around the sidewalks in town. I see them all the time walking the sidewalks sometimes pushing a baby carriage around the kid pushing looked no more than 13 yrs old. Most of them have a limp like a strut when they walk cause I guess it looks cool. There pants were hanging down to there knees and they have no shoe laces. Thinking about this most of my generation at that age all we did was work go home sleep, school and after that work. I think not all but most of these kids, teens today expect it to be given to them and all this clothing they wear to look tough I dont remember anyone dressing like that when I grew up.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
garry1970

I see kids like this every day in my neighborhood, no plan, no future, to macho to see how screwed they are then they up collecting welfare. I agree with you, most kids think we owe them something just for showing up. Not me though, you want my respect you earn it plain and simple. I had a automotives teacher back in high school that use to tell all of us "show me, don't tell me" I have to say that has stuck with me to this day. My pop used to say life meets no one half way, you want it go earn it. "most" kids today just don't get that.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
garry1970

thanks JDT I think we did a good job but it's still a work in progress.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Did our parents look at us this way , as other generations did before them ?

Michel
Old 11-10-2010, 05:27 PM
redfisher1974

Yes they did, Elvis was the devil.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM
buggyboy2010

Do You mean that literally or just for an example?

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

"if you are poor and stupid the odds are your kids are gonna be poor and stupid"

Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
buggyboy2010

I wonder what they would think of Megadeath,Slayer or MushroomHead if they had that stuff back in the day..LOL

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Yes they did, Elvis was the devil.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.