Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

A Difficult Decision

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Mambamonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Difficult Decision

I personally think this kid was bored and made the whole thing up, Iknow theres parents out there that just drive me nuts and are crazy but please anything older than a 07 is old give me a break. Wake up and smell the fresh air dude, your parents if this is true are nuts and completely the reason why our country is looked as so arrogant. I am a proud american citizen and I dont want to sound like im some brainiac or wise guy, but this is why kids annoy me. They think inorder to impress everybody you have to have the nicest things and no matter who has what your always on top. Let me tell you something kid, when your in the real world and if you do join the academy, the first thing your going to learn is self-discipline which Ihave yet seen in you. Stand up to your parents and tell them what you want and dont be a little whimp because your afraid you might not get a 2011 camaro or a 2011 mustang. You sure as heck dont even have a license so you shouldnt even be thinking about a car until your ready to drive one. I hope you think about what you decide to post next time because were not trying to be mean but if you expect us to think its cool that your parents are rich and its not that its that your just coming off so braggy and cocky, were not going to really consider helping you. Sorry im done rambling on but this just ughhhh

heres the car i think tho you should get if you do get one Least its economical lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14850.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1572457  
Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
saucySavy
My Feedback: (2)

EXACTLY! thank you!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
meef rustler

I was never trying to brag or anything. It was a legitimate question. It's true that my parents do not keep cars that are older than 2-3 years. The longest was 3 and the shortest was 6months. My parents are not in debt. I have my permit. And saying that I drive the cts-v is just to say that I know what that power is capable of. If I wanted to go 150mph I would just go to the local drag strip that is ten minutes away. And I you think that I have it good, well I didn't always. When I was younger, we lived in a small 800 sq ft house. That we were renting. My dad was unemployed and my mom worked at a bank. I was paying for groceries out of my account from christmas, birthday, etc. Just so we could have food on the table. I know what it's like being broke, and I respect those who must go through that and I hope better for them. We give money anytime we can. Just last week, this woman that works where my mom works was diagnosed with cancer and she has been out of work for a week. Its very sad, she has a grand daughter whom she takes care of that her mother just dissapeared from and all she could afford to give her was a doll. Anyways, we just gave this woman $1500. We sent a check in the mail two days ago. All she said she needed was $200 for bills. My parents may not keep a car long, but that's their choice. Not mine, yours, just theirs. So, I just thought I would clear up some misconceptions.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Mambamonster

The fact that you have to prove to us that your telling the truth makes you look even more pathetic. Sorry to say but its true.
ORIGINAL: meef rustler

I was never trying to brag or anything. It was a legitimate question. It's true that my parents do not keep cars that are older than 2-3 years. The longest was 3 and the shortest was 6months. My parents are not in debt. I have my permit. And saying that I drive the cts-v is just to say that I know what that power is capable of. If I wanted to go 150mph I would just go to the local drag strip that is ten minutes away. And I you think that I have it good, well I didn't always. When I was younger, we lived in a small 800 sq ft house. That we were renting. My dad was unemployed and my mom worked at a bank. I was paying for groceries out of my account from christmas, birthday, etc. Just so we could have food on the table. I know what it's like being broke, and I respect those who must go through that and I hope better for them. We give money anytime we can. Just last week, this woman that works where my mom works was diagnosed with cancer and she has been out of work for a week. Its very sad, she has a grand daughter whom she takes care of that her mother just dissapeared from and all she could afford to give her was a doll. Anyways, we just gave this woman $1500. We sent a check in the mail two days ago. All she said she needed was $200 for bills. My parents may not keep a car long, but that's their choice. Not mine, yours, just theirs. So, I just thought I would clear up some misconceptions.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
meef rustler

The fact that you are attacking a 15 yr old is pathetic. I asked a simple question, it had nothing to do with my parents, money or anything. I was just looking for an opinion from someone, who actually has one of those vehicles. Why you calling me pathetic, I have a great chance to get into one of the best colleges in the country! Cost of education $414,000, payed by taxpayers. I am a leader, and have very good morals. My parents taught me well, how to treat others, how to act. And before you attack that. I've been interviewed by Liaison officers. They like my character, and so do my fellow classmates. I am far from pathetic.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
meef rustler

You know what guys, I'll save a mustang or camaro for when I'm in the airforce. Im interested in the 2011 jeep wrangler unlimited. It's a four door suv, I talked to my mom and she said that that is a good option. So I think that is what I am gonna for for, and I can do some offroading too!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
WangoTangoTX

Know what, Meef?
I kinda read the high points of your thread..... I'm willing to bet your parents probably look at the "no older than an 07" thing with a reliability factor in mind. They probably want you home safe and sound. I watched the video of the kid taking dad's Cobra for a drive. I'm thinking his dad had a set bunch of rules and he was willing to give his son a chance to do right. I'd like to give you another senario to consider. Do this for your mom and dad.....(Do it for yourself too!) I'd like for you to always keep that "responsible teen-aged son" thing in the back of your head. Don't do anything stupid in a car. Don't worry about quoting all the horsepower figures, the standing start times in the quarter mile, etc. Look at a car as a way for you to get from A to B safe and sound. Take care of your social engagements, school functions, helping out family situations, etc. In other words..... Be level-headed about a vehicle. Take it from this Dad..... My son Kyle was the most responsible kid anyone could imagine. I could set my watch with his phone calls home giving me his whereabouts. His driving was impecable. He was always within the speed limit and his driving reflected good judgement. He had graduated from Conroe High School in May of 2008. His goal was to be a commercial pilot and he wanted to earn a degree in Aviation Management. His flying skills with models as well as real aircraft was truly something to see. He entered Texas A&M at Central Texas (Central Texas College in Killeen, Texas) in the fall of 2008. His grades were wonderful. His responsible attitude was a comfort to his Mom and I. One weekend in October we were having a blast at the B.E.S.T. Electric Fly-In at our home field, Tri-County Barnstormers. He won a plaque and we both had a great time. Instead of traveling back to Killeen (158 miles away) on Sunday afternoon as usual, we agreed that he could leave on Monday morning because he didn't have a class on Monday until 1:30 in the afternoon. He drove our 2000 Buick LeSabre. Big. Enough meat around him to keep him safe. He called us from Hearn at 10:24 in the morning.... He was getting a little something to drink at the McDonald's there. (As per usual) Twenty five miles outside of Hearn, a deer crossed his path and he lost control of the Buick. He left the roadway at 60 miles per hour and struck a tree with the passenger side of the vehicle. The center post struck him in the side of his head and 15 days later on October 21st at 11:48 a.m. we lost our son. We are coming up on three years without him being with us doing all the stuff families do with their sons. We have since had the pleasure of seeing our daughter get married and have our first grandchild, Riley Spencer Dye. Yep..... She has Kyle's middle name. As happy as this can make a Mom and a Dad feel, we still ache like no tomorrow about not having our son. He had a wonderful and promising future and our only thought is that this young man was a great individual and all his friends have told us so. He was a good Christian young man that would help others and insist on friends that matched his integrity. I take pride in that...... There's just one thing about all this. I feel like I've been living in a bad dream for the last nearly three years. I'd really like to have him back but that's going to take place another glorious day.
Meef..... I'm not preaching to you. Just want to ask you to do me a favor. If your parents want to pick your car..... let 'em do it. Just think: 4 wheels. Reliable. A to B. Everything else just doesn't matter. As far as you getting to the Air Force Academy, make it happen! You sound as if you are as golden a son to your parents as my sonwas to us. Keep your head on straight and do good..... This old Air Force Brat will be proud of you!
WangoTango
Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 AM
tommygun32

Thank you WangoTangoTX. I know it isn't an easy thing to relive those memories while posting your thoughts. My condolences for your painful loss.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:26 AM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Must be nice to only want new cars in the driveway.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People could be doing it for various reasons.. if you own a business and can write-off the expenses, it probably would make sense to lease a car.. in that case, he/she probably gets a new car every 2-3 years...

I shall continue to rock my Toyota w/ 240k miles...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 AM
silvermansteve

some people just seemjealous, and not too informed. but not afraid to post! do you think most of these people tellingyou to "work for it," etc.wouldn't go for the nice newcar IF ONLYTHEY COULD? they are just trying to make themselves feel better.

cars are faster and MUCH SAFER than they used to be. and a base camaro or mustang is not a radical ride! in fact, you already drive a much faster carright now. anyway, me, i'd get the camaro and go with the v8; i.e.,the ss, not the zl1 coming out. personally regarding gm and ford,i've had a mustang gt and a lincoln lsc, a couple of z28s anda corvette, albeit allin the70s-90s when they were new. based on this, i like gm over ford.and by the way, always ask a guy who owns one.

it's sad to seeapparently jealous people acting "concerned" and preaching to you about "working for it,"or warning you that the fairly ordinary cars you discussare "too dangerous," etc. (i dont mean the cts), or telling youto "get both you can afford it." don'tlisten to these jealous kids (and maybe grown men too). there is nothing inherantly nothing wrong with having nice stuff if you can afford it. or if your parents can afford it for you. i think theword here is "player hater." again, do you think most of theseconcerned posters wouldn't grab the thing if THEY COULD?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 AM
The Hedgehog

YEAH ALL YOU POOR PEOPLE NEED TO STOP HATIN'

SCREW WORKING FOR THINGS THE BEST WAY TO GET THINGS IS TO HAVE PEOPLE GET THEM FOR YOU
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

OMG, Tango, you made me sad. I cant imagine what is like to loose a son. God bless you
Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
silvermansteve

just to be clear, i was not talking about the guy who lost his kid, he has my condolances. . . . but the posters i referred to are weak and a little nasty. in fact,i re read them,and they sounded even worse the second time. ( i have the time for this crap; i don't work!)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
meef rustler

I am very sorry for your loses.

My parents get cars every 2-3 years is because that's the approximate time they break even on them. So they can pay the rest they owe for it with the car. We don't pay they car in full because that's not the best thing to do. When you can break even on it. So then they trade it in and get a new vehicle.

I kinda like the looks of the jeep wrangler unlimited. Its a very nice vehicle. I sat in one last year at the auto show and the interior was great.

A side note: Anyone can get in an accident with any car. Its unpredictable. After a certain amount of high speed, the chance of death is probably the same. Ie crashing at 120 vs 150. At those speeds its most certainly fatal. Anyone can push cars into those speeds. It doesn't just have to be the sports cars. )Ou could get a honda to fatal speeds. So what's the difference? Mustangs have 5 star safety ratings. Just like something like a honda civic.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: meef rustler
A side note: Anyone can get in an accident with any car. Its unpredictable. After a certain amount of high speed, the chance of death is probably the same. Ie crashing at 120 vs 150. At those speeds its most certainly fatal. Anyone can push cars into those speeds. It doesn't just have to be the sports cars. )Ou could get a honda to fatal speeds. So what's the difference? Mustangs have 5 star safety ratings. Just like something like a honda civic.
Much easier to lose control of a 400+ HP RWD (300+ for the V6) mustang than a 110 HP FWD Civic. Especially in slick weather. And especially for a younger less experienced driver. Mustangs have terrible weight distribution with hardly any weight in the rear (relatively).

If you are talking about trying to get in a fatal accident by going 120+, yeah I guess the car you drive doesn't matter. But when you have a car that tops out at 150+ vs 120 max, even if you say you won't, that faster car will end up seeing faster speeds in 99.999% of the time ITBJCBMU
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
DarkFire989

Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Lunchboxer

That's very judgmental, Auto...

Bet it drifts well.. !!

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Much easier to lose control of a 400+ HP RWD (300+ for the V6) mustang than a 110 HP FWD Civic. Especially in slick weather. And especially for a younger less experienced driver. Mustangs have terrible weight distribution with hardly any weight in the rear (relatively).
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Outlaw32
My Feedback: (5)

I only have one question. If you have a 4.0 grade point average, why is your spelling and puncuation so bad? Something is not quite right here (or it that wright or write).
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

That's very judgmental, Auto...

Bet it drifts well.. !!

Nah weight distribution can be quantified by numbers bro
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
meef rustler

Sorry its my blackberry it has small buttons that are easy to press when you don't want to press them. And I always mix up the alt and a capitalize button, so sometimes I put punctuation and capitalization in the wrong areas.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 AM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

You can't take a car to the academy anyway, so just get you a beater to get around town. and on dates.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Lunchboxer

Any idea what the new Mustang's #s are?!

I am guessing it is not that bad.. ha! (I don't know..)

Nah weight distribution can be quantified by numbers bro
Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
The Hedgehog

I don't know but I read a review where the driver said it felt like 80/20 it was so bad lol. Of course it's much much better.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Lunchboxer

LOL, 80/20.. ha!

Still, I'd take the new Mustang GT over the Camaro for sure!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.