Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Anyone Hookah?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:41 PM
The_Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Hookah?

OK. first off i will start by saying

I know its bad for me, and maybe even put me in the ground if i let it, smoking is baaaaaad.

so we dont need anyone jumping all over this subject about how bad it is.

does anyone else smoke? i myself enjoy it very much, its smooth, tasty and calms me down- i only smoke but twice a week and usually go months without smoking (not addicted but enjoy it)

blue berry and licorice is my fave- im looking for non-flavored though since i like the taste of tobbaccy alone.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:55 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Anyone Hookah?

I used to go to hookah lounges a lot when I lived in seattle. My favorite flavors were double apple, the berry one, and the sticky kind.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
The_Shark

hookahs are cheap to buy- i myself dont like bars (smoking or beer) the one double apple i tried was nasty- but i think it was low grade.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 PM
splcrazy

I wish wish made the same flavour tobacco in a rollable version , only thing I can get close to it is flavoured pipe tobacco but it's not really rollable lol
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
sheograth

Did it once in NY years ago, didn't see the point. Seemed more like a social thing. The atmosphere of the club was cool.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Did it once in NY years ago, didn't see the point. Seemed more like a social thing. The atmosphere of the club was cool.
This exactly. My friend made a big deal out of it like it was the business or something and its just blowing smoke rings.... Let down.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 AM
dsales

I have one in my house, only use it socially a couple of times a year.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 PM
The_Shark

i smoke how i drink ALONE... and in moderation.

im antisocial and dont like lounges or clubs of any sorts.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i smoke how i drink ALONE... and in moderation.

im antisocial and dont like lounges or clubs of any sorts.
No reason to drink in moderation if you are at your own house. ****ing pin it to the wall... do some shots man.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
The_Shark

shots have no effect on me for some reason, i had three shots of 100proof rum in a row and i had NO buzz, i can drink a single coopers extra stout and i have a decent buzz- but that is some STROOOOONG beer.

however once i get a buzz i stop, no intrest whatsoever to get plastered.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are putting the wrong stuff in your hookah's. just say'n.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

lol. i didnt think anyone actually used them for their "intended" purpose.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: jkdv8

lol. i didnt think anyone actually used them for their ''intended'' purpose.
ha! i would think you would lose some "product" if you used it that way- but i dont smoke any of that "product"[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
proanti1

ha! i would think you would lose some ''product'' if you used it that way- but i dont smoke any of that ''product''[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
You can pop the ceramic thing off and a 1/4inch "special" bowl will slide right in.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ha! i would think you would lose some ''product'' if you used it that way- but i dont smoke any of that ''product''[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
You can pop the ceramic thing off and a 1/4inch ''special'' bowl will slide right in.
sneaky.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
hands without shadows

Ive only used them for the social aspect. I like the taste; don't like the nature of the taste. Its the kind of taste you can only "get a taste of" and goes away right away. Like cinnamon. You cant suck on something and just taste cinnamon. It flees.

Or I'm weird (Canadian).
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 AM
splcrazy

is there any other device like a traditional pipe that i can use to smoke hookah tobacco , ? , seen the tobacco at my shop here 50oz for $6 and thats really cheap
Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

is there any other device like a traditional pipe that i can use to smoke hookah tobacco , ? , seen the tobacco at my shop here 50oz for $6 and thats really cheap
You are not really smoking Hookah tobacco (actually called hashish). You are vaporizing it. With a hookah, there is a ceramic bowl on the top, you lay down some foil, poke some holes, then put a huge wad of the hashish on it. You then cover the hashish with more foil, poke some holes, then put a charcoal on top. The heat from the charcoal vaporizes the oils and flavors, but doesn't do anything to the actual tobacco, it's just there to add some flavor. The vapor being pulled through is very hot because of the charcoal, so it needs to be pulled through water to cool down. Smoking tobacco is very dry, whereas hashish is almost like tobacco mixed with jam. You could probably try to smoke it through a bubbler or something, but it would probably taste like crap.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:33 PM
splcrazy

You are not really smoking Hookah tobacco (actually called hashish). You are vaporizing it. With a hookah, there is a ceramic bowl on the top, you lay down some foil, poke some holes, then put a huge wad of the hashish on it. You then cover the hashish with more foil, poke some holes, then put a charcoal on top. The heat from the charcoal vaporizes the oils and flavors, but doesn't do anything to the actual tobacco, it's just there to add some flavor. The vapor being pulled through is very hot because of the charcoal, so it needs to be pulled through water to cool down. Smoking tobacco is very dry, whereas hashish is almost like tobacco mixed with jam. You could probably try to smoke it through a bubbler or something, but it would probably taste like crap.
ah ok , i get ya , , pfft id rather keep smoking flavoured tobacco through a regular sherlock holmes pipe LOL , or even better a meershaum pipe
Old 09-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

THIS!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

THIS!
Now dont be getting the thread shut down...
Old 09-02-2011, 05:49 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

THIS!
lol i asked that question on a youtube hookah vid , and the guy said no you cant do it because it will get blocked up so fast with all the revolting gooey resin . this is basically an elaborate water bong vaporiser
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 AM
tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison cell (out here). In the Middle East they call it Shisha or Sheesha. That is the wet/sticky leaf tobacco that comes in different flavors and smoked through a hooka pipe.

To answer Shark's original question, no, I don't, it makes me want to smoke more cigarettes.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:14 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison cell (out here). In the Middle East they call it Shisha or Sheesha. That is the wet/sticky leaf tobacco that comes in different flavors and smoked through a hooka pipe.

To answer Shark's original question, no, I don't, it makes me want to smoke more cigarettes.

Ah, yes... shisha. I was mistaken.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
basketballfan60123

[quote]ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It's most assuredly not called hashish out here. That would be the 'bad' stuff and get you landed in a very dodgy prison

Why is it bad stuff?
It (hashish or anything related to it) actually has medicinal value; a good friend of mine that lives in California has epilepsy and he uses it (hashish related stuff) to control his seizures.
As a matter of fact he uses a hookah with a few friends that have MS to smoke it and if you ask me I think the tobacco you use in a hookah is actually the bad stuff.
It maybe illegal where you are but in CA and 10+ other states it's been decriminalized for medicinal purposes so it's definately (Except for what the federal gov thinks) not bad stuff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.