Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Steve Jobs

Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steve Jobs

that movie was great... hey wait a minute where did my last post go... gee someone with power seems to be picking on me lately.........
Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I beat all of you. not really

I hate Microsoft, Apple, and Google.

This is my friend, Tux.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:58 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

If that ain't enough go to your local children's hospital and see real courage. Facing cancer at 56 is tough but at 5 to 10 years old it is plain nasty.
My mother was a therapist at a pediatric oncology center for many years. Of course almost everyone thinks their mother is amazing, but knowing her day to day job duties during that time made me marvel at her inner strength.

I only mention this because she will sometimes say more or less the same thing whenever a famous person succumbs to cancer and it floods the media for a few days.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:31 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

This is my friend, Tux.

[img][/img]
Yeah, Linux is a friend until you want to install something.

sudo ****ing work god dammit!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:46 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: proanti1

This is my friend, Tux.

Its not all that hard :/
I could definetly be improved quite a bit with the exception of some Distros, but nonetheless its much better concept wise. Packageing OS's with computers etc is practically criminal.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1

This is my friend, Tux.

Its not all that hard :/
I could definetly be improved quite a bit with the exception of some Distros, but nonetheless its much better concept wise. Packageing OS's with computers etc is practically criminal.

to go a bit off topic (Hope I'm not flung on MS for this seeing I'm not bashing anything)
when netbooks were 1st launched majority ran linux. Guess what majority got returned cause people couldn't figure them out. Some places sited a 45%+ return rate from what I remember (I think it was even higher)
I was working for a school's IT dept at that time, and 2 employees bought them, and brought them to IT cause they said they must be broke cause they couldn't install MS Office on them along with all their other programs they need(and no there was no linux variant)... I was like this isn't windows, and told them they would to get a copy of windows, they were extremely puzzled...

Also look at most linux users. They generally are way more computer savvy than standard apple, or microsoft users, and generally don't buy retail PC's due to them being generally inferior as to what you can get if you build it yourself for the same cash.

1 reasons Apple, and microsoft do so well in the OS market specially on store bought machines (and why they install their OS's) is people who buy PC's just want them to work like their TV's, and DVR's they do not want to sit there fiddling with the box trying to install an OS before they can even use the machine.
One other is they have a standard installer method, something which linux lacks big time. Lets face it which is easier clicking on a installer file, or looking for the RPM, DEB, TGZ, PUP, or whatever bizarre format you need, and hope its in your format or else you have to sit their and compile it... This is why linux fails with the average consumer.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:28 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Ok guys, I think this thread has just about ran it's course. It's getting too hard to keep the discussion on the topic for which the thread was started. I'm closing this thread.

Ken