Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

How to backup your hard drive and protect photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to backup your hard drive and protect photos

I created a small and simple micro-site which is almost complete that shows you various ways to backup your hard drive safely. You need to backup to protect your irreplaceable photos, music and other important documents. Over 90% of people don't backup but as a former system admin for RCU and my other projects I became very involved in exploring and implementing bulletproof backup strategies. Irealized I did all this work over the years on backup and everyone Italk to has never backed up their drives! Crazy and risky. Rather then get into it with each person Ican just send them to the site and they can learn everything they need to know to get protected.

http://www.harddrivesaver.com

Hopefully if you are not backing up now or using some best practices this will help as a guide. Both offsite and local backups are necessary and easy/cheap to implement these days. Hope you enjoy it and find it helpful. I'll be continually updating it as new versions are released and I test them.

Here is an excerpt from the About Me Page:

A little bit about me. I have been developing properties on the internet since 1996. As a self taught programmer, database administrator and system administrator I gained a wide variety of skills over the years. One of the things that always kept me up at night was "what if the server blew up?" This is a nightmare scenario for a system admin.

Then over the years my own office and personal computers became loaded with priceless photos of my family and pets. Also tax data, financial info, music and every other kind of digital document you can never replace if lost. This data is what I call "priceless" and thus a bulletproof system must be enforced to ensure you do everything to guard against hard drive failure or data loss of any kind.

Struck with paranoia I went on a search and evaluation marathon for the best software tools and methods to accomplish this goal of zero data loss. Lose a hard drive? No problem. Restore from image quickly. House gets flooded or hit with lighning killing every hard disk in sight? No problem. Just restore from off-site backup. It almost is a hobby of mine now.

On this site my goal is to help others sleep at night by explaining the steps and tools necessary to get a solid backkup and recovery plan in place. This way you can sleep at night and never worry about losing your priceless information/data to a hard disk crash or other disaster.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to backup your hard drive and protect photos

Nice site. I'd give it a 10/10, it would be a site i would trust any day!