Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What is your opinion of AsiaTees.com

Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 AM
RC18Turb0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your opinion of AsiaTees.com

Hello,

Long time lurker but finally decided to join. I probably should of aksed this BEFORE I purchased, but alas... too late for that now.

I'm just curious as to get some opinions of AsiaTees.com. They seem to have a LOT of stock for R/C parts and prices are damn resonable. I ordered a few things for my RC18t as I wanted to upgrade some weak parts that were plastic, to aluminum (and really because some of those parts are broken NOW).

I would like to get a tracking #, so I can track the shipment but I never remember receiving one. I got a GoogleCheckout # but thats it, and I emailed them and received no response, but I will give them time to respond, I did afterall email them on friday evening (HK time) and if the sales dept works regular buisiness hours they were just leaving as I wrote and probably wont be back in till monday morning... no harm, no foul... I'll wait.

I am however pretty impatient when it comes to internet shipments and at the very least would like a tracking # so I can check it.

Anyway RC people, whats your opinions?

b
Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 AM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: What is your opinion of AsiaTees.com

I believe that is a known scam site.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

I don't agree, as I've ordered a few times from them in the past with no issues. Recently got a DT02 front shock mount, ordered a TB01 steering upgrade. I haven't dealt a ton with them, though - I'd have to dig to see if I got tracking info or not.

They are in HK though, so things might take a while to get here.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Where did this information come from? I too have ordered from them with great success.

They usually take 2-3 weeks, depending on where you live......
Old 03-25-2012, 06:50 AM
proanti1

Nah, just Chinese wholesalers. I have ordered from them in the past.

They move A TON of merchandise, and as a result, they frequently mess up orders. It's a lot like ordering from DealExtreme. There is a good chance they will mess up your order, and deliver takes A LONG time... but you deal with it because you want a dozen keychain flashlights for $3.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
The_Shark

ive bought from deal extreme- NEVER again, took a YEAR to get a expensive flashlight, no thanks.

ive dealt with dinodirect, they are a bit better but things take 2weeks to a month, in my case a back-ordered item took 3months.

use budget china stores in the off season, that way you are not in a hurry to get them.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:57 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I don't agree, as I've ordered a few times from them in the past with no issues. Recently got a DT02 front shock mount, ordered a TB01 steering upgrade. I haven't dealt a ton with them, though - I'd have to dig to see if I got tracking info or not.

They are in HK though, so things might take a while to get here.
I was mistaken then. My apologies.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 AM
The_Shark

sounds like a custom t-shirt printing company.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
proanti1

It used to be only tshirts, back in the web 1.0 days, then it was like DealExtreme, now it's only RC cars for some reason.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

It used to be only tshirts, back in the web 1.0 days, then it was like DealExtreme, now it's only RC cars for some reason.
thats stupid, its like having a store named, "Tony's dirt-bike and ATV" you go there for a ATV to find they only sell jet-ski and raft equipment now!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
RickyIS300

We used to get their topcad for our store. They're a little cheaper because they're ship from their Hong Kong locations. We don't buy from them anymore because of complaints from customers, it's just not worth our time to deal with things like that. All the parts are just reject items from Integy, like some scratches here and there or the items made by a softer metal not good enough for US or EU market. If you ask Asiatees, they're tell you the same thing those are all Integy items just ship from Hong Kong. You got to keep in mind those are the 2nds and that's why they are cheaper.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 AM
FahrtAutoRC

As religion is an illegal topic here, I must ask that we end this necromancy!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: RickyIS300

We used to get their topcad for our store. They're a little cheaper because they're ship from their Hong Kong locations. We don't buy from them anymore because of complaints from customers, it's just not worth our time to deal with things like that. All the parts are just reject items from Integy, like some scratches here and there or the items made by a softer metal not good enough for US or EU market. If you ask Asiatees, they're tell you the same thing those are all Integy items just ship from Hong Kong. You got to keep in mind those are the 2nds and that's why they are cheaper.
integy parts are bad enough, I could not imagine manufacture seconds!