Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Google Chromebooks

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Google Chromebooks

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm thinking of getting one for my mom, she's not really computer savvy and will only be using it for the internet, social media, and email.

I've never used the Chrome OS, and frankly I'm weary of any OS that isn't Windows or Mac. The hardware is also based around a Samsung processor I think, and that's another thing I'm weary off since its not Intel or AMD. I kind of get the idea that it's glorified cell phone hardware in a netbook form factor.

For her it might be fine, since it's just going to be an internet machine. But they're not THAT much cheaper than a windows laptop so I'm not sure if it's worth taking a shot at it.

Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Google Chromebooks

Have the samsung one. Love it. Does all the basic functions you need and has insane battery life.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DF, I thought you were going to post a review... !
Old 03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get to it. Eventually.