Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

El Chapo escaped again

Old 07-12-2015, 10:17 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default El Chapo escaped again

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/12/world/...ile/index.html

from an apparently max security Mexican jail. this guy is bad news. I always thought he should have been locked up here in the states (not that our prisons are looking too secure these days lol)

Last edited by sheograth; 07-12-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh it's like something out of the movies.

Amazing.
Wonder how long it took them to dig that tunnel and set it all up.
Was pretty elaborate.

Haven't seen or heard much about it over here since the initial news.
Any of the prison guards been charged with assisting?

There has to have been a fair bit of help from the inside with GPS coordinates etc?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:13 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently it took 1 year and $5 Million to make the tunnel. So basically as soon as it was announced he was going to be at that prison the plans were in the works. Of course, for show or not, a bunch of prison officials have been fired etc. Obviously he had inside help, as always. This guy is the head of one of the most powerful illicit groups on earth, with billions of dollars floating around and thousands of troops armed better than the Mexican federal police (and in some cases the military) I mean, these are the guys who hang mayors and police chiefs from overpasses when they want to send a message.

From a global security standpoint, these cartels are as powerful and dangerous as Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hezbollah, etc. They've been known to have politicians and military leaders in their pockets at the highest levels. When the option is take $50,000,000 and turn a blind eye or we'll kidnap your kids is your option, I know what I'd do.

I'm pretty sure that if he's caught again there won't An arrest, he'll end up getting "shot while resisting" or something. And while I'm a firm believer in due process and the rule of law, this is one of those cases where maybe someone just has to be removed, like Bin Laden. It's not like there is a question of his guilt. Not just drug trafficking in the hundreds of billions level but in murders, extortions, etc.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd hate to be the Mexican ambassador to the US (or anywhere) right now. Talk about embarrassment.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

They find him yet?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:16 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Wow. I thought the Communist News Network would have called it quits by now.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

???