Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Anyone Ever have the Evel Knievel windup Cycle.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 09:38 PM
scottman20006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Ever have the Evel Knievel windup Cycle.

If you were a kid in the 70's these were cool toys,well there are a couple guys that are bringing back a toy like it,its not evel Knievel, but the name of 7 inch dare devil,you can preorder it on a fund me like page,there have been attempts to bring back the evel knievel cycle toy in the past,but they were junk,these are going to be high quality and powerful like the original ones from back in the day,one of the guys involved ,is a guy who jumps these toy cycle at shows and stuff,he is on youtube under,. 7 inch dare devil you can see his jumps. but to get all the info, pictures and video's of some of his jumps and to preorder go to www.ssdbtoy.com
iam telling you these will be cool to have and will make awesome christmas gifts too.

Last edited by scottman20006; 03-03-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:24 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You must have been watching the The Comic Book Men the other night.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
scottman20006

what iam confused??? what do you mean???
Old 03-04-2016, 05:55 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Not that I am a fan of The Comic Book Men show, I just left AMC on, after The Walking Dead, and happened to look up and see the guys playing with Evel Knievel toy motorcycle they just bought. I remember playing with my neighbor's Knievel cycle...that thing could take a beating for sure. This was all after an hour of Planet of the Apes re-enactment with action figures .
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM
scottman20006

LOL,oh yeah i had that toy too,i played with it for hours,but this new cycle is going to be powerful,and durable like the original ones, go to that website you can read up on it see videos too.at first they said a kid using it ,it will jump a gap of 10 feet in distance,their first test it jumped 14 feet distance, so that seriuos distance for a small ramp.you should preorder one too.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yup, my brother and I both had one. Those were the days of toys that kept you entertained without the lights and gigabites
Old 03-08-2016, 11:18 AM
scottman20006

Yes they did,and these guys are bring back a version,its to be as powerful as the original ones back in the day,and also very durable as well. you should check it out.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Anthoop

I had the EK bike that was on the red wind up thing...I made a parachute with string and a handkerchief and used to jump him out of my bedroom window....great fun....but still remember scraping my knuckles with the wind up thing....bad design when looking back.

No intention to look at buying a revamp.....
Old 03-13-2016, 06:41 PM
scottman20006

Well I preordered my cycle,its going to be very cool.