Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Need some ideas to help a proud family member out

Old 11-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need some ideas to help a proud family member out

Hey everyone!

So i know that this is a topic that doesn't really fit anything on the forum but i was hoping for some ideas. My father in law has had stomach cancer for the past year and a half and has been struggling. He used to be a lineman (puts up power wires) so money was never much of a problem for him. He was diagnosed and soon had to have most of his lower esophagus and upper portion of his stomach removed. He is 6' 4" tall and now weighs less than 180 lbs. He obviously can't climb power poles anymore so he was forced out of his job. He is now in that limbo of applying for assistance while not having any income but still having two kids in the house to support. In short i want to find a way to help him out financially but he is a very proud man much like myself. I was hoping to find a way to raise a little bit of money covertly so he doesn't catch wind of it before it's done. Any ideas you guys can come up with would be appreciated greatly! Again i know its kinda taboo to bring personal issues to an rc forum but you guys are the ones that i talk to most so i figured it can't hurt, i hate to see him feel shame that he can't take care of his family anymore.

Thanks again!

Alex
Old 12-11-2016, 07:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang man, sorry to hear. As far as anything goes to help him out, you and your family can get jobs somewhere/anywhere. Sorry I couldn't respond earlier as well.