Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Mamod Mania! My restoration project.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Mamod Mania! My restoration project.

That's way cool! Interesting choice too.. using the Clod axles?! Would it be easier if you use the TXT parts? (so you can just power the center tranny, instead of using some sort of geartrain to power the front and rear axles?!

ORIGINAL: Bluebrew

Here's a R/C one that I built. Has 4 wheel steering and whistle on channel 2 (no throttle control, don't need it) and if it bumps into something, it reverses automatically.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 AM
knowsnothin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh I guess we wont be gettiin a update then []
Old 03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
NjBasher

i have 2 working ones. ones a tractor the other a stationary
Old 03-07-2009, 02:53 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I am down from around 150 to about 125 as I sold some. [] Down from about 175 toys they drive to around 130 as I sold some of them all so. Out of the 150 or so I had I have run about 130 of them. I got my first steam engine for Christmas in about 1964.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:30 AM
knowsnothin

NjBasher & 46u any chance of a few photos
Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Well guys, about a video of my steamer...ain't gonna happen any time soon! No vid equiment and I'm on slooooow dail-up that drops the link every 10 mins or so. I was lucky to uplaod those pics!
LB...I tried to use the K.I.S.S. principal while building this thing. The power plant I used (Wilesco D21) is cool and fun to mess with but not very effiecient powerwise as in not much to spare. So at this point I'm only useing rear wheel drive. As it is petty heavy I had doubts whether it would move under it's own power! But it does OK. Runs about 12-15 mins. if I keep it out of the wind. A TXT might be a good choice, the only problem I can think of would be the output power would need to be turned 90deg. (I think).Basically I used what I had laying around!
And LB...you being a Tamiya fan I'm sure you know how tight those clod axles are! That's where I spent the majority of my time on that project...trying to free up all that pre-load. They spin real nice now!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: knowsnothin

NjBasher & 46u any chance of a few photos
Look on page one of my room.