Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Import - honda, toyota, ricer (people in favor of toyota in nascar)
21.37%
Muscle
78.63%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Muscle or Import

Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
chadchm8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muscle or Import

Personally, i like muscle cars tons more than imports. I don't see the point in them. I could go on and on with things i find stupid. (like a huge rear wing on a front wheel drive car). I just want to see if i am the only person here who likes the feel of raw 8 cylinders of 600+ horsepower or if everyone else likes 4 cylinders of rice burning ugliness

Yes that is my car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23343.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	418081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71887.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	418082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68990.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	418083  
Old 03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Muscle or Import

Hard one here.. I like muscle.. AND imports.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:41 PM
chadchm8

You can do that? [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

I would rather ride a bike than drive an import
Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
A.B.U

Well pure engine muscle is schweet.. I love the sound and the almost instant 0-60 take offs that soon follow. But with an Import, you can make em look all sporty, make em look really cool with the neon, and all that.

Note attatched pic.. Trans Am.. has ram air, and all that. SWEET engine! Mom's S2K in the back ground, same with my dads Silverado. We also have 2 other cars..

Name:	Ig10991.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	418096  
Old 03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

i dont mean import as in honda, and that ****. i mean impots such as bmw, audi, alfa, etc
Old 03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
chadchm8

thats not as bad, i guess
Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: the killer

i dont mean import as in honda, and that ****. i mean impots such as bmw, audi, alfa, etc
Anything NOT made in the USA, and brought in, is an import. Smart one.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Import over a domestic anyday, even though Id rather a muscle car on a strip. The imports are far better on the track than any muscle car. But the imports are more versitle and can compete on a strip on a track competivley.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Viper 15

The only import I like is the nissan 350z. Other than that I like american.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
FSTlosiEVR
Banned

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Import over a domestic anyday, even though Id rather a muscle car on a strip. The imports are far better on the track than any muscle car. But the imports are more versitle and can compete on a strip on a track competivley.
Tru DAT.Tuning a mucle car for a track is a no go.You can takea import and dial it in to take turns at 50+MPH.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
fastest_ntc3

I like muscle cars. I love the sound, power and torque of V-8s. The only import I like is the RX7. I used to like a lot of imports, but not anymore (the weedwacker sound is annoying).
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
-Inverted-

I didnt vote, im not a huge fan of either although technically my vote would be import but not honda and what not. I like the exotics, ferrari; lamborghini; porsche; BMW; lotus; etc.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
A.B.U

I see most of ya guys like the import cars you'll never own.. well.. about a 40% chance ya actually will..
Old 03-01-2006, 10:59 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

I didnt vote, im not a huge fan of either although technically my vote would be import but not honda and what not. I like the exotics, ferrari; lamborghini; porsche; BMW; lotus; etc.

I'm with you there caddy! Porsches all the way! I mean Porsche can compete with all those V8, V10, and V12 cars with what a 6 cylinders! I mean 450+ hp from a six banger! WOW!!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:04 PM
-Inverted-

I have a soft spot for the drop-top porsche boxster's. Even the hard top porsches have the speed and the visual appeal.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: chadchm8

You can do that? [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

I would rather ride a bike than drive an import
your a true idiot.....

Your telling me youd rather drive some unreliable ugly american car as opposed to a some Ferrari or a Porsche 911.....

Let the flaming begin. Most American cars blow. Sorry but thats the truth....you get what you pay for.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:29 PM
-Inverted-

I think when people are thinking import they are thinking honda, nissan, toyota, etc.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:32 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: chadchm8

Personally, i like muscle cars tons more than imports. I don't see the point in them. I could go on and on with things i find stupid. (like a huge rear wing on a front wheel drive car). I just want to see if i am the only person here who likes the feel of raw 8 cylinders of 600+ horsepower or if everyone else likes 4 cylinders of rice burning ugliness

Yes that is my car
You dont see the point in imports? that makes no sense.......Yes the riced out ones are stupid but not all imports are "rice" I could already tell your a stereotyper. Do you not realize that american cars are going down the drain these days. for example: Ford had to close down to huge plants and the top end employees had to take a 50 percent pay cut. Also they cut production on the linclon ls and ford gt. About GM: thier stock about 2 years ago was at a 100 now its down to 25 because they make crap. Hummer and Saab may be cut from GM because they dont have the money. Also what makes american cars so good? Yea the power for a few of them but other than that they are ugly inside and out..cant handle and are pretty unreliable. Have you ever been in a import that has power and awesome handling. Apparently not........since your making these vague comments

kthxbye.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:35 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

I think when people are thinking import they are thinking honda, nissan, toyota, etc.
Still look at Nissan I currently have the engine that has been on Wards top ten engine list for 11 years and running. Ford or Chevy have no where near the potential to make anything come close to the VQ30DE and VQ35DE...Plus most sport cars from Nissan Toyota Honda ie NSX 350Z Supra would outhandle any American car out there - the Ford GT possibly. It just annoys the hell out of me like the thread starter when they dont know much about Imports and just bash on them and call them "rice"
Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 PM
jdmkyosho
Banned

If he is reffering to riced out cars with huge wings, pointless body kits and intake/exhaust expecting to run 12s in old civics or accrods then I agree also that is
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 AM
-Inverted-

Plus most sport cars from Nissan Toyota Honda ie NSX 350Z Supra would outhandle any American car out there
Wrong.... meet the Saleen S7 twin turbo buddy... one of the best cars ever made... and is faster on the track then the mclaren f1.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:37 AM
jdmkyosho
Banned

Well I meant in its class. The saleen S7 is not in a 350Zs class. It belongs in the exotic group which I wasnt talking about. Well that for sure and a ford gt possibly but all the rest nooo.....Im sure there arent many on this board can afford a saleen..
Where did you find thats a S7 is faster than the mclaren? Just curious...still overall of all the cars made, imports are better at handling and a better car overall than american ones.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:43 AM
gunnut

I'm more a fan of german cars. my dad has a (2003) Porsche Boxster S and oh man is that thing fun to drive(with his permission after I wash/wax it, of course ). It feels so well balanced. 50/50 weight distribution is easy with a mid engine layout. Don't get me wrong, I love the grunt of a V8. BUT the sound of that boxer engine is my new obsession! It doesn't need a radio!

Name:	Wu61713.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	418477  
Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 AM
-Inverted-

Where did you find thats a S7 is faster than the mclaren? Just curious...still overall of all the cars made, imports are better at handling and a better car overall than american ones.
It has been performed quite a few times actually, in a straight drag mclaren has it although not by much, but on the track the saleen owns it because the handling is way better as is the aerodynamics. The saleen can drive upside down at 150mph the body is that aerodynamic.

@ Gunnut, nice ride, my neighbor in Missouri has a porsche 911 Carrera and it was SWEET, but when he bought it the unpredictable weather of the Midwest had snow, and it just wasnt the car for that weather. Although he went out and bought an Infiniti m45 right after it....it was pretty nice as well though.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 AM
fastest_ntc3

Wait a minute, I am confused. Are we talking about Japanese imports or are we talking about exotics, or both? I thought we were talking about Japanese imports like Civics and Accords.

Since you all mentioned exotics, I like the Lamborghini Gallardo and Saleen S7.

Does anybody like the older muscle cars? Chevelles, Novas, Cudas, Camaros?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.