Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

phobias

Old 09-20-2006, 02:32 PM
RS4rallydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: phobias

ORIGINAL: eyekandyboats.inc

and FYI if you are 6 feet tall and u drop in a lake the is only 8 feet deep , you will still have the same chance of drowning if you were 6 feet tall in a lake that is 70 feet deep.
but that's just it, drowning is bad enough, but DEEP water just has a different signifigance to me. probably in part because aside from an awkward doggy paddle... I cannot swim. if it isn't shallow enough for me to jump out of from the bottom...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
*Nitstklr72*

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Pencils
you gotta watch out for those! you could loose an eye!
Hey I almost lost my eye to a fire cracker and a glass bottle! My phobia is afraid of small places and the dark and very clean glass doors.

I've walked into those so many times its not even funny.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:54 PM
gogita502
My Feedback: (1)

OMG I HATE RC CARS AND TRUCKS. AHHHHHH makes me cry when i see one jus kiddin. i juss i dont like rollaer coasters

guys should check out you tube and maurys phobias... people are afriad of baloons, mustard, birds wow
Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 PM
TheLinkster

Im not scared of the dark but im scared of whats in the dark.lol
Old 09-20-2006, 09:01 PM
ssj2

Im not scared of the dark but im scared of whats in the dark.lol
Like monsters and ghouls and the boogey man. O MY!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Gex_61

I did a project on phobias in my psychology class last year. I would have to say I am afraid of spiders, Styrofoam, speaking in public and the ocean. lol
Old 09-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Gex_61

Is there anybody on here that has ridden Kingda ka.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Heights too but I don't mind flying. Helicopters are a little weird though. Even aerial shots on TV make me get dizzy.
I get a little claustrophobic (sp.?) in my car driving through big cities and will roll my windows down but have been inside of MRI's and they don't bother me.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
*Nitstklr72*

OMG I just rembered that I hate to touch the bottom of something I cant see like in a muddy lake its freaks me out. Somethimes I get a little freaked out by stairs I've fallen down the a few times in front of the teachers and they laughed at me so I said that I was going to sue and I got a dentition.[:@]
Old 01-21-2007, 03:28 AM
monsterman1791
My Feedback: (2)

for me its its boats and airplanes (jet liners... i like warbirds LOL)
Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 AM
whoajoe

I don't know if this is really a phobia, but to be diving in the ocean, and be hundreds of feet under water, or however deep it is that humans can go without their skull caving in to the pressure, where it is so cold, and soooooo dark, and soooo quiet. And then you run out of oxygen. I wouldn't even want to go deep into the ocean in a submarine. BTW, I would also hate to have to breath through one of those mouth things that are connected to the oxygen tank and having gogglesä€*plastered to your face. So I guess I have a phobia of diving in deep water.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
hands without shadows

Fear of heights, but only when coupled with being enclosed. I mean I love standing on the end of cliffs or at the top floor or that big tower by niagara falls with the glass floor or jumping of diving boards but I hate rides with massive constraints.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
-Inverted-

I have an odd alteration to a fear of heights. I love flying and being on high elevation, but Ferris Wheels freak me OUT!

I LOVE roller coasters, but Ferris Wheels are nightmares to me.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
hands without shadows

Clowns.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking in public, as in presentations and that sort of thing... Doesnt bother me in the slightest when i'm typing in a forum though!

Dont like swimming in deep water unless i can see what's down here - I can just imagine some creature coming out of the depths and dragging me down.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

Speaking in public, as in presentations and that sort of thing... Doesnt bother me in the slightest when i'm typing in a forum though!

Dont like swimming in deep water unless i can see what's down here - I can just imagine some creature coming out of the depths and dragging me down.
that would be called jawsaphobia
Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Being a boater, I HATE weeds! It's not a phobia, I just don't like swimming in them.
Me and a buddy were out setting up buoys for when a few of us were going ot run our boats one day. While I was setting them up, he was telling me about when he and another guy went out SCUBA diving. The other was a Newb at diving so their first outting was at a lake that just happened to have a Search and Recovery team at the other end of the lake looking for a woman who had drowned. They figured they were cool as after all it was at the other end that they were searching. I think that you can figure out the rest of the story. Yup, they happened upon the dead woman! I know that I would have totally freaked!
Needless to say, the rest of the day I really didn't want to stick my hands down into the murky water to set the buoys.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
smaxx3.3

i HATE clowns they are so happy and funny its scary! [] it might be a phobia but i don't know, i am scared of being in car accidents, i like watching them on tv tho. ummm im am really paranoid, i always think someone is behind me and going to get me, when im home alone i hear a little noise i walk threw every room in the house looking from somebody,when im home alone i always have a knife on me and a gun close by, so if you want to mess with me when im home alone you better be able to run about 1800 feet per second! lol but seriously i do. is there something wrong with me?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM
-Inverted-

Being a boater, I HATE weeds!
Being from Missouri I agree!

The Meramac and Gasconade river are full of Cotton Mouth's and Copper heads! [:'(]
Old 01-21-2007, 11:16 PM
hands without shadows

Isnt carrying a knife around and having a gun nearby a little paranoid? I mean I keep a baseball bat and a machete beside my bed but during the day its just me and my fists.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Bombers_410

phobophobia

The only thing to fear is fear itself.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 PM
smaxx3.3

[quote]Isnt carrying a knife around and having a gun nearby a little paranoid? I mean I keep a baseball bat and a machete beside my bed but during the day its just me and my fists.[quote]

i said i am really paraniod lol
Old 01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
smaxx3.3

i don't know why that whole thing is a quote ^
Old 01-22-2007, 07:28 AM
jombo

i dont like spiders. once when i was a sleep (i was 5 or so) there was something crawling on my face i slaped it and there was a spider in my hand, since them i hate spiders. now when i see a spider on the house or near a window i get the most potent poision and spray the house down. that i'll get them.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:18 PM
adz06

im scared of dogs which i dnt own r my friends dont own i have been bitten many times by a varies types of dogs just 2 weeks ago me and me mates wer walking down the road jokeing about this big dogs some one new owns its mad we walk past it on way to the shop and its on a huge thick chain choke lead tied to a pole with a musel and all and then last week we wer walking down what came shooting out of the hedge the bloody dog it had snapped the chain and i didnt c weather it had musel on r not bit i ran like **** lol jumped on somes garage then it ran on up after my mates lol i nearly died lol it bit one of my mate arm wasnt to bad but nw hes scared of dogs to lol (turns out had managed to get musel of r else neva had one on that day) never walked that way to shop since

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.