Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

World's Fastest RC Cars!!

Old 09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
SpeedAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World's Fastest RC Cars!!

Just wondering what everyone thought of the World's Fastest RC Cars competition in the newest RC Car Action. And for those of you who don't get that mag.

FASTEST CAR: Nic Case set the "official" record with an electric-converted Nitro TC3 Chasis. He did 134.4. His "unofficial" record is 160.1 with a 2WD Custom Works Intimidator. The reason it's "unofficial" is because on his second pass at about 90 m.p.h. he had a glitch and it hit the wall and you have to have a back-up run. I feel really bad for the guy.
FASTEST 1/8 SCALE BUGGY : Team Novak's HV 4.5 powered Inferno 777 did 67.5
FASTEST MINI: Mamba powered RC18Tthat went 76.9. It might have gone faster if it didn't get airborne.
FASTEST MOTORCYCLE:Thunder Tiger FM1e went 64.6.
FASTEST 1/5 SCALE:84.6
FASTEST MONSTER TRUCK:HPI Savage X that went 61.9. (I knew I liked the X for some reason)

[Edited. Only a direct link to the forum thread is allowed under RCU site rules.]
Old 09-24-2006, 03:13 PM

Default RE: World's Fastest RC Cars!!

wow thats pretty, i did not get the mag, thanks..
Old 09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Check out this link for 200MPH bullit cars (also from rccaraction)

http://www.rccaraction.com/online_ex/tethercars.asp

By the way, I tried to search for the Savage X article describing it going 61.9mph. I could not find it when I typed in "61.9" or "61.9 mph"
Old 09-30-2006, 10:57 PM
-Inverted-

I never understood why he did an electric conversion, wouldn't it have been easier to just get a TC3/4.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

The person that owns the worlds fastest R/C car I know personally but they wouldn't let him run his car at the challenge under their rules. His does the scale 1/4 mile at under 1 second! The last time that he ran it was on a road behind the LHS where he works part-time and had the local police chief try to radar it. It did fine until it got airborne and struck a tree. Parts of it were found on the roof of a nearby business!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
xXMAGIKXx

Thats kinda funny considering just some random person could show up there with a jato 3.3 and beat 2 of the cars and maybe beat the brushless 1/8 buggy.

xXMAGIKXx
Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 PM
-Inverted-

Thats kinda funny considering just some random person could show up there with a jato 3.3 and beat 2 of the cars and maybe beat the brushless 1/8 buggy.
Theres not really enough room to let the 3.3 out though, the challenge distance is fairly short.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:10 AM
SpeedAddict

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

I never understood why he did an electric conversion, wouldn't it have been easier to just get a TC3/4.
Because once you take the engine and fuel tank and pipe off, there's a TON of free room for motors and the ESC and Batteries. The electric versions didn't have enough room.

Hey Ron, do you know what his car was clocked at??? That thing had to be rippin. Do you know what it is?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

It is a highly modified Bo-Link dragster using a rocket engine. I think that the ET was .98 seconds in 132 feet. The guy, Butch Beebe usually keeps it in a showcase at a LHS. He's a retired police detective who works there part-time. The next time that I go there I'll have to drag my camera along.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 AM
savage haley 14

does anyone have pics of that savage x that holds the record my brothers gonna hate it when i tell him the savage x is the fastest