Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Any deer hunters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any deer hunters out there?

I'm heading to camp in the morning for opening day. How many of you's hunt? What do you hunt for? (not like for food on the table but deer, moose, elk, etc....)? I will be floating the river that goes by camp for 10 miles each day until I bag the big one. We use our old red Coleman canoe and a 25-06 in back and the 30-06 in front (just the guns we both hunt with). So lets hear about your intentions this year.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:54 PM
smaxx3.3

Default RE: Any deer hunters out there?

no deer, just duck and goose. i can't sit still long enough to hunt for deer (i have ADHD).
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 PM
-Inverted-

I only hunt for RC bargains. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 11-15-2006, 12:15 AM
gunnut

I've been turkey hunting twice but never got one [&o].
I hunt coyotes whenever I get the chance. I've been using 12ga. slugs or a 30-30 on coyotes (maybe a little overkill but thats how I do it![>:]) Soon I will be getting a Ruger .223 which is a little better suited for coyotes.
My brother is getting into deer hunting and I might try it sometime.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Mr. Mugen

I use either my .222 or .223 (depending on the day and walking involved) for coyotes. If you plan to keep them make sure to use FMJ's with that .223 or your will have a rag when you are done. My best friend is a taxidermist and he loves it when I bring him the coyotes shot with the FMJ"s. They leave 2 little pen sized holes. On the other hand the .223 SP or HP leave a big nasty gap in them for him to sew. Just my .02
Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 AM
smaxx3.3

i want to try turkey hunting hunting once, i would mind some deer jerky right now
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
irishdrifter

shooting is a hugely popular sport in Ireland, i mostly hunt small game like phesants,duck,rabbit,snipe and some other small wildfowel. its hard to get licences for rifles here but i managed to get one. i have a Brno .22 B/A(rifle) and a Remmington 1100 S/A shotgun. i do alot of clay pegion shooting in the off season.
myself and a friend also hunt rabbits and fox using our dogs. this is alot more sporting as the game
has a good chance of getting away unharmed. hunting using dogs is also very popular here, have u guys from the U.S of A ever heard of coursing??
Old 11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
gunnut

I'm not sure what coursing is... what is it?
I shoot clay pigeons a lot too! More fun than hunting in my opinion. I have a Traditions 12 ga (auto) and a Remington 12 ga O/U.

Target shooting with .22's is also a great way to pass the time-- I have a Henry Golden Boy and a Marlin semi auto.

The 30-30 I spoke of before is actually my dad's. It's a Winchester lever action
Old 11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
smaxx3.3

i shoot clay pigions alot we sometimes go out of state just to shoot. i am 15 years old and have a browning citroi and bretta 391 simi-auto both 20 gauge. i just got the bretta about a year ago, my dad bought it for me but he said "take very good care of it cause when you start shotting a 12 gauge that gun will be mine". but he bought the browning for me also from a woman who was getting divorced took the most expenseive guns her husban had and sold them, it is a 20ga. over and under with 28" barrels and 5 grade wood, it is worth almost $1900 and my dad bought it for $600. great deal.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM
smaxx3.3

o yeah and i forgot goose and duck season are coming in tomarrow. i have been waiting since the season went out last year
Old 11-15-2006, 09:38 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I bowhunt whenever there is a opening at the local places (hard to get an opening at them, lots of people in town bowhunt).

I don't hunt for a specific animal, I just shoot the first thing I see . Seriously though, just deer and hogs.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 AM
irishdrifter

coursing is when a hare(type of rabbit) is set loose and two greyhounds are set loose to try and turn it. a hare will almost always run in a straight line so the first dog to "turn the hare" wins, at competition level all the dogs are muzeled and the hare gets away unharmed.
but grey hounds are no bumb dog, they will not chace the hare if they dont think they can catch it so they train the dogs in the wild catching rabbbits so when they come to compete, thier pumped. this is an anchent old Irish tradition.
ORIGINAL: gunnut

I'm not sure what coursing is... what is it?
I shoot clay pigeons a lot too! More fun than hunting in my opinion. I have a Traditions 12 ga (auto) and a Remington 12 ga O/U.

Target shooting with .22's is also a great way to pass the time-- I have a Henry Golden Boy and a Marlin semi auto.

The 30-30 I spoke of before is actually my dad's. It's a Winchester lever action
Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I'ts been years since I have gone out and hunted, but when I did, I would hunt white tale deer. Just talking about it is geving me a craving for some deer back strap and deer sausage. I have'nt gone in awhile because I moved into the city. Funny though, there is a deer infestation in the city still. You just cannot shoot them because of the risk of stay bullets going through houses.

Anyways, my hunting tool of choice are a Springfield M1A (civilian version of the military M14) chambered in .308in Winchester. This rifle might not be as powerful as a hunter loaded .30-06 or 7mm magnum, but I have no problems at all. I find a well placed shot will take down the deer with ease. I also have a cheap Henry .30-30 rifle from Walmart that cost me only $270, and I prefer that one when actually going out on the trail and tracking deer. I find going out and actually tracking the deer more sporting than sitting in a blind and waiting for deer that have been conditions to eat from a feeder. Besides, I enjoy the excesise of the hike doing so (No wonder so many hunters today are so fat ).
Old 11-16-2006, 08:34 PM
smaxx3.3

like i said eariler i woundn't mine for some deer jerky right about now.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 PM
theradioflyer

Opening day of Bow season in Michigan God Blessed me with this beautiful 9 point. It dressed at 160-170#. I prayed and my prayers were answered. I had more of an adrenaline rush with this buck than tail touching my gas powered planes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23450.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	561560  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Frozen72

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] that blood just made me throw up next time edit that out it offfencive to some people.
[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 11-16-2006, 09:53 PM
smaxx3.3

come on you can't handle a little blood, you should try guttin' it. don't pop the stomach, then you will throw up[:'(]
Old 11-16-2006, 10:05 PM
-Inverted-

Offensive? Do you throw up when you get a bloody nose or skin your knee? After all, this is a hunting thread.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:56 PM
smaxx3.3

RADIOFLYER: nice buck, 10 or 8 point? i can't tell the pic is blurry.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Mr. Mugen

He wrote it was a 9 point....eh. And yes if you are a sissy when it comes to blood please get out of here. This thread is about BLOOD....LOL. I just got back from camp for a few days and heading back on tuesday. I saw 2 does and a pack of coyotes....thats it. I may start praying now for tuesday instead of waiting until monday night Nice buck Radioflier! I hope to be as blessed as you were. Well good luck fellas.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:41 PM
smaxx3.3

He wrote it was a 9 point....eh.
i wasn't paying reading what he wrote i was looking at that buck.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Nathan9492

that is DISGUSTING, poor deers
Old 11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: harawong

That's what I'm thinking. How is it a sport to go with your high power rifles or bows with all your camaflouge and GPS and all this high tech stuff and go and shoot a really friggin scared deer! I don't see any sport in it since the sides are so unevenly matched, the deer has a life too and I find it totally wrong just to end it for your enjoyment. If you needed to kill the deer for food I'd be totally okay with it but just for "sport" is sickening!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Mr. Mugen

Some people would rather hit it with their car and have the damn thing come through the windshield. Once you hit one of these oversized rats and someone very dear to you gets KILLED, you might go hunting. No bunny huggers here! PLEASE!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

That's what I'm thinking. How is it a sport to go with your high power rifles or bows with all your camaflouge and GPS and all this high tech stuff and go and shoot a really friggin scared deer! I don't see any sport in it since the sides are so unevenly matched, the deer has a life too and I find it totally wrong just to end it for your enjoyment. If you needed to kill the deer for food I'd be totally okay with it but just for "sport" is sickening!

So go play your nintendo and get blisters on your ***** from sitting there all day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.