Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

People already waiting in front of Best Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:33 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People already waiting in front of Best Buy!!!

So today my dad and I decided to go to Best Buy to check out what's new. When we pull up, my dad's like "What the hell!" I turn around and look and think to myself, "Are these people sick!" Right away we both already knew why all those people are waiting in line. There are about 6 or 7 tents already set up waiting for the PS3 to come out. We walked in the store and ask, "Since when have those people been out there?" The guy we were talking to says, "Since Tuesday." My dad then asks, "How many systems are you gonna have in stock?" The guy replies, "About 20-40, and the hundreds of people who are gonna be lined up tomorrow don't know and think that we're gonna have more." It's weird how those people have been waiting since Tuesday when they know if they come tomorrow, they'll probably get a spot also. Right as we're leaving the store my dad says, "Let's get in line, and then tomorrow sell our spot in line and just go home!" I couldn't help but crack up.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:51 PM
smaxx3.3

Default RE: People already waiting in front of Best Buy!!!

i am not buying the PS3 yet i will wait about 1 1/2 to 2 years before i buy it. so the price will go down and all of the bugs are worked out.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:00 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

EXACTLY! Same thing both me and my dad said. My dad said the first few are gonna have problems just like all systems have when they first come out. Plus, in about a year or two, the price will be down to at least $400 if not less. This is just a system I don't see people being able to afford. I mean, you need all the top notch equipment to use it. If you don't have a HDTV then the picture will just look horrible, and to get a nice plasma is around $4,000. So that's $4,600 just to play the PS3. We already have a Pioneer 50" plasma, but my dad said he will not buy the system as soon as it comes out. I would, but I just don't, and will not, have the money for it.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:13 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

i am not buying the PS3 yet i will wait about 1 1/2 to 2 years before i buy it. so the price will go down and all of the bugs are worked out.
Ditto man. I learned my lesson buying a launch Xbox360![:@] It's not even been a year and the price of the premium one has gone down about $70 AND are bug free![:'(] I had to send mine back for repairs and waited a month![:@]
Old 11-15-2006, 10:28 PM
-Inverted-

People that have tested them said they already have a few problems. My friend said it was fun though, he went and played it at Sony Style.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:33 PM
smaxx3.3

my friend played it at best buy and said it started making weird noises and freezing up.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM
michelob78

I see they are having issues with backward compatibility on the games already. That's never a good sign when waiting in line for something. I even heard a re-call might happen, not sure how true that is. I also read where there are only going to be 4million available in the US by years end, how can you not say they are trying to create hype, by intentionally not releasing enough LOL.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Wide Open

ha! i would never wait in line for that. i think ill just stick to my PC.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 AM
boltech

People here have also been camping outside bestbuy since tuesday for the PS3. I have to ask don't half these kids and teens have school or work? Why the heck would you wait in line for the first version of the system? These are the same people who will be selling it on ebay in a few months when it craps out on them.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:56 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I heard that each and every WalMart will not carry any more than 10 PS3 units per STORE!!!!

They say it is to prevent one person from buying 20 PS3, for example, just to sell them on EBay at highly inlfated prices during the shopping rush.

Personally, I find it wrong that game companies inflate the hype in this manner just for the sole purpose of making money. Like a couple of you guys already said, there will be bugs for this highly inflated priced piece of electronics.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Doahh

that's funny because the 3 targets on my local area are getting 60 wiii's the FIRST DAY then the next they get 80 and then 100 etc... until it cools down by the next week XD!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:39 PM
ProRCRacer88

I like to play games, but im not sure why people are willing to spend $600 dollars on a game system, esp when they will have the first versions of it and will have problems. People wanting a game system when it first hots stores, IMO, its just to have braging rights.
This is how I see it, they gradually increase technology in the game systems so that they can keep on releasing them every 2-3 years and constantly make money off of their products. This goesfor the same with other things as well, like dvd players, tv's, alot of things. The stuff we see and play today, could have probably came out maybe 5 years ago.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
silent_echo

theyre doing the same tning here too. except its been pooring buckets. and the guy who was first in line was on the radio giving an interview and stated that he "wasnt a hardcore gamer" pshhh yeah right
Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
smaxx3.3

HAHAHA, today we had over 3 inches of rain i feel sorry for the people setting there waiting in those tents. i called my friend today during lunch and asked him where he is and he said i am standing in front of target and i am going to sell my spot, the guy all the way in the front sold his spot for $800, and i am the 3rd person.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 PM
boltech

someone sold their spot for $800?!?!? who was the f00l that bought the spot and do they realize that they still have to pay for their ps3 plus game?

HAHAHA, today we had over 3 inches of rain i feel sorry for the people setting there waiting in those tents. i called my friend today during lunch and asked him where he is and he said i am standing in front of target and i am going to sell my spot, the guy all the way in the front sold his spot for $800, and i am the 3rd person.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM
smaxx3.3

i don't know about all these gamers i think they are a little off in the head, like the ones at my school they won't even eat lunch they would rather play their gameboys and yu-gi-o (i don't know how to spell that). but to pay $800 dollars just to get i game that you know somethig will go wrong is bragging rights. on the news right now there is a PS3 prototype on ebay up to $6000!! i could buy a decent used car for that much.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
hands without shadows

The radio told me 2 grand on ebay, there really at 1800. You could still buy a decent used car for that much, but id have to be a crappy american made car.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
ferrariowner123

Ditto man. I learned my lesson buying a launch Xbox360! It's not even been a year and the price of the premium one has gone down about $70 AND are bug free! I had to send mine back for repairs and waited a month!
i heard the main problem was it kept on over heating because people stuffed them in cabinets. if i spent $450 on a a game console i would show it off.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
TeamTFR
My Feedback: (45)

Holy crap...$6000 for a video game?? I can think of a whole lot of other things to buy with that...like a bunch of r/c's that I don't need [&:] I still don't even see the point of spending $300 or $400 on one either...I had my Super Nintendo until it died in like 2003...that thing was awesome...then again...I still use my Sony Walkman
Old 11-16-2006, 08:22 PM
boltech

I still have my SNES, and my NES, my ps1 bit the dust a long time ago as it stopped reading disks. but the NES and SNES still work great. Never bothered with PS2 as I discovered emulators a long time ago.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
smaxx3.3

i just looked at ebay and the one for $6000 already sold but there is one for $2025 it will probally get up to $4000 is my guess, that is still a lot of money.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
boltech

My Nephew's XBoX was out on top of his entertainment center and it still over heated.

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

Ditto man. I learned my lesson buying a launch Xbox360! It's not even been a year and the price of the premium one has gone down about $70 AND are bug free! I had to send mine back for repairs and waited a month!
i heard the main problem was it kept on over heating because people stuffed them in cabinets. if i spent $450 on a a game console i would show it off.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:32 PM
smaxx3.3

i was wrong, it sold for $2950, so almost 3 grandwhen you could sit outside for 4 days and only pay $600.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
boltech

Someone is getting ripped off majorly. either that or they live in IRAQ or Somewhere were PS3's cannot be bought locally

i was wrong, it sold for $2950, so almost 3 grandwhen you could sit outside for 4 days and only pay $600.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Doahh

or they'll just turn around and sell it and make money off of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.