Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 PM
dark321devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was at work monday and when i came out to go home there was a note on my window saying that someone hit my car. Pic so you can see. I know its not much but its a 1996 and thats the only damage on it. But the other driver is paying for it and its costing me $700 to fix it. and the last pics is of my trailer i got to haul my go-kart around. BTW the trailer is on my dads car. lol. any of you guys have similar stories.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46377.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	561399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83968.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	561400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41861.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	561401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82249.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	561402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs95232.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	561403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ct17908.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	561404  
Old 11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
gunnut

Default RE: my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad's truck got hit once in a parking lot and someone left a note that simply said "sorry" [8D]

really though, that sucks! I would be mad because I like to keep my truck in tip top condition. At least they were honest about hitting you... They'd have to pay me for the emotional damage caused as well!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

$700 to fix that?!?!?!?!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: BAMF90

$700 to fix that?!?!?!?!
that's what I'm thinking! I say just pocket the $700 and live with the minor cosemtic injuires on your car. You could also just paint some touch up over the scratched part.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
boltech

I had a similar incident. came out from a service call at a mall. walked up to where my car was. reached into my pocket for my keyfob and looked at the car and thought to myself 'hey this isn't my car it has a dinged up fender' , I then looked at the plates and damn near blew a gasket. no note, no nothing. and I was stuck with having to shell out over $800.00 to fix it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM
irishdrifter

u guys got off lightly, i came home from a night out and my car was gone! go stolen and another kick in the nuts, my neighbour saw the thief pulling out of my drive and waved thinking it was me. never got it back
Old 11-16-2006, 08:07 PM
ferrariowner123

my uncle could fix that with one hand painted behind his back. maybe not but still $250 max for that to get fixed. and i would just leave it anyway. it looks like a buick is that true or maybe an olds. i dont know but its not uncommon to see a slightly dent buick. if i were you i just leave it unless this car is special to you.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:46 PM
CadillacDTS2001

its kinda look like a Acura or a Honda . . . accord maybe ?

i can see that for 700 dollars. . cuz of the bumper and side panel it is dinted and scraped . . and then bumper has a huge chip out of it
i would fix it . . there is nothing like a car with scratches ! that is just dumb and wrong
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Doahh

heh you got off easy... way back when I was around 2... we had a honeybee... we parked by a decorative tree thing and someone in a big truck pushed it ONTO the tree... on the other side of the tree was a brand new Porsche... we saw the guy skidding out of the parking lot and wondered "gee isn't he in a hurry?" then we looked and thought "Dang!" it totaled our car and scratched the porsche... we didn't have to pay for the Porsche
just a few weeks ago my sister got broadsided by a brand new dodge 300 coming out of a parking lot... totaled our car did a ton of damage to theirs... brand new tires
A few years a go I got rear ended by an older red ford mustang... convertible... into a Lexus... caused the Lexus minor damage.. of a freeway... totaled our car

None of these were OUR faults... I got pics of the most recent one
http://www.rogercarroll.com/DSCN0592.JPG
Old 11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
dark321devil

ye you are right its a 1996 honda accord. And it is $700 becuase i went to 3 different body shops and all gave around $700. This is becuase you cant jus paint the are. You have to actually paint the whole bumper. If you paint the area only, the newer paint will stick out.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: dark321devil

ye you are right its a 1996 honda accord.
im good !
Old 11-17-2006, 05:30 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: dark321devil

ye you are right its a 1996 honda accord. And it is $700 becuase i went to 3 different body shops and all gave around $700. This is becuase you cant jus paint the are. You have to actually paint the whole bumper. If you paint the area only, the newer paint will stick out.
trust me touch up paint doesn't stick out at all. We've touched up my mom's mini van a couple times and unless you look very closely it is hard to see. It seems to me that you want to spend the money if you are making such a big deal about a little ding in the bumper or some tiny difference in paint color.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:33 PM
CadillacDTS2001

it will look horrible . . almost as bad as a car with a different color door . .
nope. . . use the 700 bucks to make it look good
Old 11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
dark321devil

got my money to fix my car 2day
Old 11-20-2006, 03:29 PM
MaD_MaxX

You'll have to paint the whole bumper. My suggestion is don't fix it. Wait until someone else hits you and when it's totally scratched, then fix it. We do that because we always get hit by someone.. Last week someone scratched the whole side of our car with a key probably just for fun. It's so frustrating, why do people have to do that???
Old 11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: MaD_MaxX

You'll have to paint the whole bumper. My suggestion is don't fix it. Wait until someone else hits you and when it's totally scratched, then fix it. We do that because we always get hit by someone.. Last week someone scratched the whole side of our car with a key probably just for fun. It's so frustrating, why do people have to do that???
good idea, my brother accidentially hit the garage very slowly with the car and the bumper cracked, but it was still okay and then a little while later someone drove into our bumper in the parking lot! I say as long as the car is functional and looks okay then how cares? I'd rather have $700 in my pocket! I mean sure if I had a porsche I would shell out the cash to keep it in tip top condition, but if it's just a regular car or something that isn't very special to you who cares about a little dent and a scratch? But hey if you want to spend the money, I can't and won't stop you.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123
and i would just leave it anyway. it looks like a buick is that true or maybe an olds.
hey man, i roll with my grandma's old 98' buick regal... and it doesnt have any scraches! lol although i must admit its nice to have 290 horses on tap with touring car suspension and steering!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 PM
gunnut

My first truck was a 93 Chevy S10. I was parked on the street first time it got hit (in the morning before school-- I was sitting in my truck when they hit it!) The left side of the bumper got bent up a little. 3 months later it was rear ended by a girl talking on her cell phone not paying attention to the stopped traffic up ahead... Messed her car up good but it just bent the other side of my bumper so it matched from the previous accident.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:56 PM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: gunnut

My first truck was a 93 Chevy S10. I was parked on the street first time it got hit (in the morning before school-- I was sitting in my truck when they hit it!) The left side of the bumper got bent up a little. 3 months later it was rear ended by a girl talking on her cell phone not paying attention to the stopped traffic up ahead... Messed her car up good but it just bent the other side of my bumper so it matched from the previous accident.
how convineint!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
whitetrashmafia99

I think im the only one to have this happen to me....

My previous truck a 2wd 96 dodge dakota got hit by a antelope, a couple years ago i lived 20 miles from a small town, i drove down a dirt road for 9 miles. It was dark outside i was just cruizing down this dirt road after work at about 45 mph. I look to the right of the road and saw 2 antelope running full speed tords me, i slammed on my brakes and went into a 4 wheel drift, one antelope missed my front end by less than 2 inches, right at that second i looked out my right side window and the other antelope broadsided me completely trashing my door+fender, i turned around to run the retarded animal over and it was gone.

I spent the next 6 months using my friends auto body shop to repair my truck and go from the color white to metalic blue, after it was all done i put a set of nice american racing wheels on it pluss some low profile tires. before i could buy the lowering kit and install it on my freshly painted truck my girlfriend backed into a wall completely tearing down the wall and trashing the bed on my truck i just painted, it was all ruined and i honestly cried.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:45 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your lucky they left a note. I came out of the grocery store and found these nice scratches and dents on my driver's door from a cart. No note or anything-- people are awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37522.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	567014  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
rcdude37

700.... are you kidding me... the only way i could see that is if the whole side needs to be painted(looks like just the skirting that is silver and the wheel well cuts it out) and it looks like there is a hole in the bumper?(pics are kind of blurry to tell for sure)..

you should only need some sanding to get it smothed out and clear off, 15 mins with a hammer getting the dent out, qrt of silver and clear, some tape and paper, and about 45 mins in the booth... and they are charging 700 to do that... honestly i could do it for about 200
i just painted my f150 for 250, granted that is just paint since i did it myself but for 1200 you can get an s10 or ranger painted by a shop....

i would shop around, you will find someone to do it for cheaper then 700, if nothing else find someone who has a gun, if you have ever painted with an airbrush or anything like that you can pick up a touch up gun for about $50, for that job a cheap one would work just fine, then get your color code and go to carquest or something and get the paint...
Old 11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

might as well go out and get a body kit for it and turn it into a super tuner racer!!

but yeah that sucks man

when we went to europe, ireland this summer we had to rent this big ass hauling van cause over there thats the biggest thing they had to rent that can hold the entire family (6 people +all the lugage) and while we were backing out my dad was being dumb and wasent looking so he hits a sign right on its corner which made a very big and noticible scratch in it about 4 or 6 inches long

but yeah the Hertz car people sent us a bill for a frekin $1000 dollar bill to fix it!

we had no choice to pay it or not they just deducted it right out of the plastic
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 AM
oregonrevoman

Unless you are going to go to an Earl Shieb or Maaco crap shop, any decent shop would charge $700 for that. Yeah everyone "knows a guy" that can do it. My cars are kept very well and just a couple days ago our Jetta got cart ding about 2" long and a 1/4" deep in it. I was hot. I once stayed at a mall parking lot for 2 and a half ours waiting for a terd to come out who's back door had hit the fender of the durango we had. I seen that they had a car seat in the back and the driver probably didn't even know. They were damn lucky one of my kids needed picked up from school otherwise I would have still been there. It doesn't matter how far away we park the terds will find us.