Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
toyota shoulden start nascar
43.43%
toyota should start nascar
56.57%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

nascar: should toyota be in it?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: nascar: should toyota be in it?

SC, go back a page and see where I went to the Toyota web site and showed that they have two V-8's, one a 5.7 liter which not being able to really convert liters to cubic inches comes out close to if not 350 cu.in.
Through the diversity program and others, there are racers coming up through the ranks right now that are minorities.
Watch out for a kid named Aric Almirola, he should be running Busch cars this year going for Rookie of the Year. His father builds R/C outrigger hydro's and his grandfather was heavy into racing.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Anomie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OT:

Mr. Mugen, Ishpeming is lovely. I never noticed that you live there. I think the UP is like a crown on top of Michigan.

Ok, back to the discussion...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:21 AM
sowega flyer

NASCAR has become one big prostitute.
TV coverage of the races have become "The Dale Jr. Show" so it doesn't really matter if toyota runs or kia for that matter.
I'd rather watch the Hooters Cup series anyway- that's what NASCAR used to be.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Ron Olson

I guess that you don't remember when CBS used to carry the races. I got so sick of hearing Jeff Gordon this, Jeff Gordon that......... . There are 43 racers out there and all of them deserve some recognition. It would be like saying that Michael Jordon was the only player for the Chicago Bulls.

RIP BP.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
swapdaddyxx1

Liike I said before guys, They have their little darlins', who may be running at the back of the pack, and they will still spend more time on them,than the guy not blessed by the media who is at the front and running away. Its BS, plain and simple,and has nothing to do with real racing. The professional wrasslin' of motor sports.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
sowega flyer

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I guess that you don't remember when CBS used to carry the races. I got so sick of hearing Jeff Gordon this, Jeff Gordon that......... . There are 43 racers out there and all of them deserve some recognition. It would be like saying that Michael Jordon was the only player for the Chicago Bulls.

RIP BP.
I remember- Its just that Dale Jr. is the "flavor of the month", so to speak. What you say here, is exactly my point- whoever brings the money in is who they (camera and commentary) concentrate on.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
ScRacing

Hay ron, a 5.7 is a 350, and i gess i missed that some how? Im interested to see what car it is in, it might be ok, especually if you could buy one and put a chevy 350 in it , lol that would be insainly fun in a little car like that.

Anywys, no driver is a shoe in. Every driver has to prove them selvs. Jr and his dad did not have the best relation ship, his dad would not have just given him a car if he wasn't worthy. And thats why i like to see jr do good. Because his old man was the best driver in nascar ever. If we could all die like dale did, it would be grand, he died pertecting waltrip and his son, he would have had gotten 3rd, but he got bumped and he died, but what a way to go out i mean he must have ben so proud. If your dad died helping oyu win in nascar, could you turn around and win the next race you race in?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:35 PM
beelzebubishere

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

Another thing that bothers me is that japinies people probubly don't care about nascar. Do you think they sit ther and watch nascar in japan? I'll bet teh amount of viewers from japan is minimal, there are pry more from montana then there are from japan.
I guess you're just a little too young to remember '96,'97, &'98 when Nascar packed everything up....cars drivers crews, officials, media EVERYTHING, and flew to JAPAN to put on exhibition races for a VERY grateful JAPANESE public that paid up to 10 times the average ticket price we'd pay here in the States....... The Japanese love racing, motorcycle, sports car, and NASCAR. And have for MANY years.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Ron Olson

Dale's car was never touched by another. I still have the videotape of the race. If anything, Rusty took the air off his spoiler while Sterling Martin got the blame for hitting Dale yet never touched him. When you're in between two other cars and another coming up in your draft, you have no air to control the car.
I also have another theory but won't bring it up on this thread.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:51 AM
beelzebubishere

I'm curious about where you're going there Ron, PM me.

As to a lot of the replies you and I both have addressed, I just mark it off to "youthful exhuberance." Too young to understand the sport, too young to know the history, too young to understand the logistics, and WAY too young to understand the financial aspects....all made quite apparent but the lack of grammar and spelling skills.

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Dale's car was never touched by another. I still have the videotape of the race. If anything, Rusty took the air off his spoiler while Sterling Martin got the blame for hitting Dale yet never touched him. When you're in between two other cars and another coming up in your draft, you have no air to control the car.
I also have another theory but won't bring it up on this thread.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:10 AM
savage haley 14

what nascar needs to do is get rid of the damn restrictor plates and just go balls to the walls like in the 60's and 70's
Old 02-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Dokioto

In the 60's and 70's the cars weren't as fast as they are now.... Poll is tied.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
okieneck

I say let Toyota race in NASCAR, then when Tony Stewart kicks their tails, the victory will be that much sweeter...
OKieneck[>:]
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
smaxx3.3

I say let Toyota race in NASCAR, then when Tony Stewart kicks their tails, the victory will be that much sweeter...
OKieneck
tony is a lot better driver on dirt then he is on pavement, he can drive a late model insanely good. (yea that sounds weird) thats all im sayin.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
beelzebubishere

Whether they should be in or not, is really a moot point....they ARE in, case closed. The question should be, which manufacturer, foreign, will be next ?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Ron Olson

Toyota driver Dale Jarrett has the pole for the Bud Shoot-out. Let's see how he does with all of those Chevy's, Ford's and Dodge's on his tail.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:28 AM
beelzebubishere

It will be an interesting race tonight!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 AM
smaxx3.3

i don't care if this is the most boring race i have even seen, im just happy that nascar is back! no more long boring sunday afternoons

EDIT: i think nissan will be next, if toyota makes any profit from nascar (which they will) nissan will try to get in as soon as they can and try to get a little money.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
beelzebubishere

I was thinking Mercedes, since they already own Chrysler, they already have a "large bodied" car...... but I agree, I think a lot will depend on the R.O.I. that Toyota sees, before anyone else throws their hat in the ring.
ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

i don't care if this is the most boring race i have even seen, im just happy that nascar is back! no more long boring sunday afternoons

EDIT: i think nissan will be next, if toyota makes any profit from nascar (which they will) nissan will try to get in as soon as they can and try to get a little money.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
swapdaddyxx1

You guys watch, if toyota or any one besides chevy starts winning races, nascar will tinker with the rules till they have chebby winning the majority. Its what they have done since the early 70s. I wonder how much nascar stock chevy owns or visa versa. You still don't believe the finishes are orchestrated? Just watch real close for all those suspicious late cautions etc. Somebody else gets strong, and nascars on em like stink on ****. Chevys winning? everything is dandy. I'd rather just build models or twiddle my thumbs or anything. They have run me off. Nascar, the professional wrasslin' of motor sports
Old 02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
smaxx3.3

You guys watch, if toyota or any one besides chevy starts winning races, nascar will tinker with the rules till they have chebby winning the majority. Its what they have done since the early 70s. I wonder how much nascar stock chevy owns or visa versa. You still don't believe the finishes are orchestrated? Just watch real close for all those suspicious late cautions etc. Somebody else gets strong, and nascars on em like stink on ****. Chevys winning? everything is dandy. I'd rather just build models or twiddle my thumbs or anything. They have run me off. Nascar, the professional wrasslin' of motor sports
\

if you don't like nascar why do you post in a nascar thread? just cause you don't like don't mean the other millions of fans don't. if you can't say something nice, don't said nothing at all.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 AM
swapdaddyxx1

Hey smaxx3.3, I thought this thing was open to anybody in a free country. I was a huge nascar fan when the racing was real, with real cars. I was also hugely disappointedwhen they started fixing the rules a long time ago so that the majority of the fans (Gm) would be happy and bust the gates open because they thought that was their chebby running out there. I can tell your'e to young to know much about the history of the sport,or you would understand my disappointment. In the meantime if you don't like it, maybe YOU should go somewhere else!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:44 AM
RC freak

NO!!!!!!!!!TOYOTA WOULD LOOK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD AS A NASCAR AND I SHOULD KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: swapdaddyxx1

Wow... nascar rigged? ha... welcome to the block list. Toyota has the majority in the truck series. Its obviously not in favor of the "chebby". they've(chevy) been slow ever since they started testing in Daytona. Nascar doesn't favor one company , they have been doing whatever they can to bring competition closer.

Anywho, anyone hear about the "rocket fuel" found on the intake manifold of Michael Waltrip's toyota? i guess he's gotta get that thing up to speed somehow.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
ScRacing

Don't worrey. MW is not a good driver, and hes not going ot win. I think this is going ot be a good year. Eather Harveck, johnson, ernheardt, or stewart could win the big one tomarrow. Any Bets? Im goin wiht my man jimbo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.