Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Aquraium People

Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Doahh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquraium People

Are there any other aquarists(?) out there? If you are post your setups:
I just got a:
- 90 gallon glass aquarium
- Black stand and hood
- 2 65 watt compact fluorescent fixture w/ moon lights on separate cord.
- 1 Plenn Plax Cascade 750 canister filter w/ tubing, intake and outtake
- 1 Plenn Plax Cascade 1000 canister filter w/ tubing, intake and outtake
- 1 Rena Air air pump w/ tubing
- Tons of random accessories, chemicals, and stuff
- 70 lbs of rock and gravel

ALL FOR $450!!!!
I lucked out majorly

Note: This is not in my possession yet. The guy I bought it from is cleaning it out and I will pick it up tomorrow.

I also have a 20 gallon tank with a power head 20 and undergravel filter

I use a Python cleaning system on all of my tanks and will soon use filtered water so I can fill it via the python too

Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aquraium People

My two cats used to have a 55g "Fresh" and a 100g "Salt". Although they loved the tanks, I gave both tanks away when I moved.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM
hands without shadows

Is it the camera or is that house not square at all?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Doahh

lol I think it must be a "Fish"eye lense
Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 AM
-EXTRA-

Doahh,you a car moderator,anyway you can put in a duratrax section man????
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

No.

Only admins have that power. you can post in the suggestion forums about the possibility of an add-on, but there is probably not enough interest.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:07 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

No.

Only admins have that power. you can post in the suggestion forums about the possibility of an add-on, but there is probably not enough interest.
o ok
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
RCtruckRacer

I used to have a 150g tank with some African Cichlids. They are fun to watch. Territorial, and they love to move stuff around to their liking. I've often wished for another tank, but its just too much time on the upkeep.

I remember years ago an acquaintance of mine was moving and wanted to give me his oscar. Even though the oscar was huge (at least 5 times bigger than the Cichlids), I told him I couldn't take it because the Cichlids would have a feast. Move day came and no one would take his Oscar. Too bad, the thing was several years old and very large for the species. He put it in my tank despite what I told him. It lasted about one min. Oh, I should have mentioned that I fed the Cichlids with guppies only. They always had live food so they were used to being predatous!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Doahh

Got my tank and it has a pinhole leak... I'll get some pics.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Spartan18

hey guys i know its kinda off topic but but i thought id ask anyway. im interested in making a terranium and im not too sure what i should look out for and stuff. its gonna be my first one so im looking for any pointers. im thinking of getting either a bearded dragon or a water dragon. with the water dragon i want to make like a two part tank with one side forest terrain and the other side like a pond. with the beardie im just gonna do a regular desert terrain.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
SFC K

What kind of fish are you going put in your new tank once you get it set-up?

Before I deployed to Iraq in SEP05 I had to break down my 75-gallon fresh water tank. I couldn’t leave it for my wife to take care of while I am deployed. Hopefully this fall when we get out of here I will be able to get it set up again. I have a ton of stuff for it.

Good luck with your new tank.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Doahh

in my 20 I only have 5 orange Tetras and a little baby emperor pleco. I'll probably go down to capital aquarium and pick up some danios and more orange tetras to get the tank cycle started
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
SFC K

Did you get the pin hole leak fixed yet? I take it you did if you are going to put fish in it. Ive had the Danios before and they are fast fish and always moving. They are hearty though. Ive never ahd any luck with the Tetras before. Good luck and take pictures of your Setup when you get a chance....It would be nice to see it....
Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Doahh

yeah I fixed the leak and now my room smells like vinegar because of the silicone... Today around 4 o clock is when the water is getting dumped in!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
SFC K

Yeah, it’s really exciting to get the fish in the tank. I hope you didn’t put rocks into the tank and filled up with water only to discover the leak. That would have sucked.
A couple years ago we had a 45-gallon Hexagon in our bedroom and about midnight my wife wakes up and asks what is the noise? It sounded like water dripping, and sure enough the tank was leaking in the bottom corner. I jumped out of bed and started pulling the fish out and taking them down to the 75-gallon tank in the dining room. It took a couple hours to get the water out and drag the tank out to the garage. I was just glade it happened when we were home. Need less to say I ended up giving the tank away to my aunt who is using it for her frogs. What disaster it could have been.

Any way good luck, and don’t rush a good thing. The fish will thank you in the end....
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
pm5k

We used to have one and we had a very little large mouth bass in there. It was so funny to watch it eat, we would put minnows in there and he would chase them down, it was pretty cool to watch. Then when he got bigger we let him go and that was the end of that.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Doahh

Well it has 5 gallons in it and the leak seems to be gone. The only thing now is the Oddyssea lights are being weird. The 3 moon LEDS work but the fluorescent bulbs don't want to come on. Could one just plain be dead and that causes the other not to ignite?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Bill Plude

My aquariums have their own section on my 1200 meg website.
[link=http://www.75th-meu.com/MGSsPages.htm]MGSs Aquarium Pages[/link]
I've put some pics below because if you don't have a really fast connection the pages load slow because they are so graphics heavy.
I have a 54 gallon bowfront corner reef tank, 3x75 gallon tanks(1 salt, 2 fresh), 4x125 gallon tanks(1 very beautiful, bountiful reef tank and 3 freshwater, 2 of which house large fish, 5 Oscars, 2' Arowana, 2' Shovelnose catfish and 2' Redtail catfish & a 170 gallon concave acrylic saltwater tank with fish and a 2'(now) snowflake Moray eel.

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish and my Oscars in a 125

Young Arowana and Redtail Catfish. They'd spend their day waiting for me to throw in some goldfish!

A strange shot of the 170 salt tank
Old 03-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Doahh

OK Update:
ballast was shot... being fixed tomorrow.
I now have in my tank:
an Emperor pleco
5 Orange Tetras
6 Black Neons
a Zebra Angel
3 Black Mollies
Old 03-10-2007, 01:10 AM
PillowPants

Those are awesome Bill Plude! I love aquariums. I've always wanted one built into my wall
Old 03-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Bill Plude

Oscars are also cichlids. This guys Oscar must have been a flake and pellet fed sissy! There's no way your fish would have stood a chance aganst any Oscar I've EVER owned! I had an Oscar kill a Red Belly Piranha that I had. I said Red Belly, not those wanna be vegitarian ones they sell that grow huge. This guy was about 6" and solid! The Oscar just pounded him to death! You talk about guppies, try 500 goldfish a week...........5 Oscars, Tiger Shovelnose Cat, Arowana, Redtail Cat, 12" Panther grouper, Clown Triggerfish, Moray Eel. My LFS used to order them for me. I had a 55 gallon in the cellar with 2 big power filters just for feeders. LOL. Too bad the Oscar was out numbered and I'm sure your guys had caves to hide in. How do you think your Africans would do if you put them in the tank in the picture above? You'll notice there is no place to hide. Oscars don't like anything. EXCEPT...there's one small ceramic boat they had since they were about an inch long in there.

I'm not quite so heavy into the fish now, I still have a lot of them but $800=1000 every 6 months or so for new lights for the reef tank went to RC trucks. The space the Oscar 125 took up went to the wifes hobbies. Where the 55 was in the cellar is just a small part of my 114' Digital slot car track [link=http://www.75th-meu.com/SlotCars.htm]MGSs Slot Cars[/link]
If it isn't one money pit it's another! LOL
ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

I used to have a 150g tank with some African Cichlids. They are fun to watch. Territorial, and they love to move stuff around to their liking. I've often wished for another tank, but its just too much time on the upkeep.

I remember years ago an acquaintance of mine was moving and wanted to give me his oscar. Even though the oscar was huge (at least 5 times bigger than the Cichlids), I told him I couldn't take it because the Cichlids would have a feast. Move day came and no one would take his Oscar. Too bad, the thing was several years old and very large for the species. He put it in my tank despite what I told him. It lasted about one min. Oh, I should have mentioned that I fed the Cichlids with guppies only. They always had live food so they were used to being predatous!
Old 03-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Bill Plude

Thanks Pillow. The 2 big saltwater tanks are right beside my bed. Most of the coral has gone because I didn't continue to replace the lights, but I had so many compliments from people from all over the world about how nice it was, through all the reef forums I belonged too, I had my days of glory, something to be proud of, a fine accomplishment. I still have most of my original fish that I started with in the reef tank. There were only a few. There are 5 left. Smaller fish in reef tanks. My 170 "Fish only" Salt tank is still going strong though. The lighting isn't critical and it has a 30 gallon sump/biological filter enclosed under the stand so the wanter stays perfect. I don't remember when I had to do anything but add fresh water due to evaporation. I think the 2 pumps it has do between 1000-1500 gallons per hour each. It might even be 2000-2500, it's been so long I don't even remember what I have. I do know it's got one of the most expensive, biggest protein skimmers you can buy under it! LOL
Old 03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
misshydro

Hay I use to have two 50 gal two 20 gal and one 10 gal fish tanks.But I'd got out of them when I'd moved.In the moving pross my two irrindessent sharks cats and one elbino shark spased out and cracked the 50 gal tank,try to save them,but lost them and one black ghost knife too!! But my arowana made it!!! Hay Bill Plude you can feed your arowana trout chow!! Trust it work and save you money too!! My friends who'd work at a fish store told me this.I'd had this fish when he was 7" long and started feeding him/her fish flakes first,then started feeding trout chow and man it grew quick too it go up to 20" in three months.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Bill Plude

Trout chow and prepared foods like that cloud the water because it falls apart and goes out through their gills. My arowana never had anything but live food after he got off his egg sac. And how much can you save when it only costs 5-7 cents each for feeded goldfish when you buy 500 at a time? If you look close in the 1st picture you can see his egg sac. He was maybe 2" in a 20L aquarium. The second pic he was maybe 3" a week or 2 later and eating small guppies.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
misshydro

No the round balls!! I'd nevered had a proublem with cloudy water eather if you got a good filtration system. I'd had under ground and exturnal one!! Trout clow is a lot cheeper to feed then live bait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.