Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES, PROBLEM WAS RESOLVED
11.50%
YES, GOT SCREWED
25.66%
NO, NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
46.02%
NO, i dont buy of thoese internet sites
16.81%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

EVER BEEN RIPPED OFF ON EBAY?!?

Old 03-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Lopes08191988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVER BEEN RIPPED OFF ON EBAY?!?

I HAVE GOTTEN RIPPED OFF TWICE ALREADY... they have discribed their listing as one thing and sent the item different then discribed
Old 03-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Kevinator9

Default RE: EVER BEEN RIPPED OFF ON EBAY?!?

On my national trading site (trademe) I got ripped. I won an auction for an mp4 player and won it for 10us dollars but the guy never fronted up with payment options so we couldn't pay him. He then responded with neutral feedback saying "sorry mate". Didn't lose any money though...
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 AM
-Inverted-

No, but I only buy from eBay stores or people with really good feedback.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and a buddy went halves on an MGt and a PRP Raptor brand new. Paid around $500 and got this:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81159.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	648596  
Old 03-24-2007, 09:03 AM
boltech

OUCH!!!! I never order from overseas just for that reason...

I alway order from those with 1000+ feedbacks and above 97% total positive.

ORIGINAL: Nason

Me and a buddy went halves on an MGt and a PRP Raptor brand new. Paid around $500 and got this:
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
heli_Rod

Positive feedback is everything on e-bay. Mine is 100% and I'm going to do my absolute best to keep it that way.

I simply DON"T do business with overseas people OR businesses OR with bad feedback ratings. Look at their ratings and the feedback comments. Sometimes what they don't say has a lot of meaning to. Ask the seller questions and be specific about your concerns. If he gets offended....go somewhere else.

If you feel you have ben ripped off, try to resolve it with the seller first. If that doesn't work, post bad feedback and report them to e-bay! It may not help you, but it might prevent someone else from being ripped.

The last word on e-bay purchases that I can give you is "BUYER BEWARE!" So far I have been able to resolve any issues.

Rod
Old 03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Foxy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought an HPI Nitro Rs4 from a US soldier, paid him, he told me he had sent it, never heard or saw anything, 10 days went by, no reply to emails, nothing. To this day (some 3.5 years later), I haven't received the car or heard anything from the *******. At that time, you only had 30 days to raise a dispute, and since it is quite possible for something to take 30 days plus to come to greece, by the time I realised it wasn't coming it was too late. Couldn't leave feedback either. $190 down the toilet.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Hacker Da-Cracker
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

bought a nitro stadium truck that was supose to have 3 motors,radio,servo,reciver,extra tires,bodys. paid $250 and a i got a chassie lol.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Kemo

i hate ebay, therefore i never use it anymore. no more problems.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Bombers_410

i sort of got ripped off. I bought 8 airsoft pistols that were supposed to shoot 200 fps but they only shoot like 60 fps. Lol they are fun though and we used them in our school play so it was still a good deal
Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: Kemo

i hate ebay, therefore i never use it anymore. no more problems.
Same here! Problem solved...
Old 03-24-2007, 09:11 PM
carmatic1

no problems with myself yet, but thats cuz i dont use ebay that much, and the things that were missing from my orders were minor stuff ... but i was stupid once and tried to sell a cpu costing £100+ , shipped it away without even realizing that the 'buyer' isnt on ebay anymore, well i never got the money, that sucked

btw isnt the 4th option supposed to be 'no, i dont use ebay' or something instead of just 'no' ? otherwise whats the difference between 'no' and 'never had a problem'
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Mr. Mugen

I sent a payment via Western Union for a polaris ranger to a guy in cali for 3500.00 and was set to drive over and pick it up and found it to be a fraud and the money was gone forever. The guy claimed to be in england and was needing to sell the quad because he moved and it was in a storage building. His so called father in law was going to meet me there and unlock it for me........................................Screwed! Man I wish I could get him alone in a dark alley.................
Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 PM
theskyisfalling

DANG!!! 3500 bucks gone! Ebay didn't do anything?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
ProRCRacer88

$3500 dollars literally thrown away?!! losing that kind of money in a scam would make anyone be in a very violent frame of mind.

I havent got ripped off on ebay and hope to keep it that way.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Lopes08191988

WHY did you NOT use paypa??????!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

I sent a payment via Western Union for a polaris ranger to a guy in cali for 3500.00 and was set to drive over and pick it up and found it to be a fraud and the money was gone forever. The guy claimed to be in england and was needing to sell the quad because he moved and it was in a storage building. His so called father in law was going to meet me there and unlock it for me........................................Screwed! Man I wish I could get him alone in a dark alley.................

I used western union the one time I got screwed.... I know better now[:@]
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Kemo

there should only be 3 options. Never been ripped off... or Yes, been ripped off, and then if necessary, "i dont use ebay". the user can then specify what happened in a post. that'd be more efficient than having 3 different yes answers... 2 of which being the exact same.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Bombers_410

Whoa!! If anyone knows laser pointers, anything over 50 mw can cost over hundreds of dollars. www.wickedlasers.com for the good ones

look at all these 240 mw lasers for only 70 total dollars. Would this be a ripoff? anything over a 100 mw is supposed to be a visible beam and light matches. would this be up to the task?

http://cgi.ebay.com/240mW-532nm-Ultr...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 PM
misshydro

I'd got ripped too!! I won a Miss Bud 1/12 scale nitro boat. It had a crack it the right front sponson.But when I'd got it,The guy keeped the radio and the boat had more cracks then what he'd stated in the auction! and when I'd ran the motor on first try it frozen up=broken con rod!! I'd payed 100 dollars for the boat plus shipping.So I'd filed a complant on him.I'd payed by money order and keep the stub! To do this ebay charges 25 dollars for this services and you dont get you shipping money back.I won the complaint and got 75 dollars back and got to keep the boat too!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Mr. Mugen

He send emails that looked very legit (obviously) and claimed square trade a=was the middle man of the operation.....I got emails from square trade (I never dealt with ST before ) and they look real as hell! I was informed by the fasle ST that I needed to give them the security number and once I got the 4 wheeler and was satisfied with it's condition they would release the funds to Mr. Rip off. I felt as everything was going as normal....I was a newbie then........Ebay did nothing in the line of "hey sorry man here's your money back" They asked all kinds of questions....I forwarded them al correspondance and that was it.......never another word from them. I contacted the Local police to ask them what to do.....blah blah blah NOTHING, I came out of it with knowledge,....thats it. Believe me I did not let it just go....i fought as hard as I could. It has been a few years now and thinking about it still pisses me off. Ok deep breath,,,Peace
Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
ProRCRacer88

misshydro, i dont understand how you did this, can you elaborate more on how you get your money back if your not satisfied with an item won on ebay?[&:]
Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Codeblack

ORIGINAL: Nason

Thats the funnies thing i have heard in a while. I really, really, really feel your pain man, but its still funny
Old 03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
dabro15

Ive been scammed with on of those mp4 players. the guy was over and china and after 3 weeks i still havent got it. im gonna give him another week but if it doesnt come in im gonna file a dispute, at least i did use paypal so theres a better chance a might get my money back when i report him. would anyone know the chance of me seeing my money again lol???
Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Mr. Mugen

I think I seen it at the store....LOL. It was dressed in all green!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.