Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Car of Tomorrow

Old 03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
sapper ion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car of Tomorrow

What do you think about them wheel cutters. I guess w/o that front thingy, I like them, they are just DW said it is more a mechanical car, not some wind tube designed thing.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
ferrariowner123

Default RE: Car of Tomorrow

dude you really need to be alot more specific. i have no what your talking about.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
sapper ion

Nascar made a new car for racing. [link=http://store.nascar.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2660705&cp=2665026&parentPage=family]Car of tomorrow[/link]

ok so the link is to a model but you will get the idea
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Kemo

get it on the 1.5 mile D ovals and then I'll comment on what I think about it. Short track isn't going to help this car's reputation that it already has. It needs to be in an environment where PASSING is able to be done 2-3 lanes all the way around the track.

COT explained: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_of_Tomorrow
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
ProRCRacer88

i dont really know nothin about nascars but the design of the new one looks better.[8D]
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
FalloutMan

i cant tell a difference. it looks more square beezy. i prefer F1 racing.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Kemo

f1 is all one sided. The whole lack of communication between.... EVERYONE that works in the pits is unreal. I can tolerate almost every form of racing except F1. Its one of the few FIA classes I dont like.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
FalloutMan

its coo cuze all teh tech into it. the onboard computers tell the pits all teh info they need to make decisions.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
running_gag

NASCAR, taking the stock out of stock car racing.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: running_gag

NASCAR, taking the stock out of stock car racing.
There isn't any thing stock about a race car anyway... What they are trying to do is make the competition a lot more even. Which, in my opinion, is a step in the right direction... Did you guys watch the Bristol race? Some of the guys that usually end up in the back of the pack were running in the top 20... Just something to think about.

I am pretty sure they are going to run 16 races with the car of tomorrow (car of today?) this year and by 2009 they want to be running them all 36 races.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
sapper ion

Well you can't say that them running in the top 20 will be regular, no one "except Tony Stewart" really knew how to handle the thing. "I like how one of the drivers said he reverted back to dirt track to drive taht thing"

And it was primarily designed for saftey
Old 03-28-2007, 02:37 PM
smaxx3.3

i think the car of tomarrow looks like ****. and F1 racing is ok but i hate the sound of the motors, its so high pitched its annoying.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: sapper ion

Well you can't say that them running in the top 20 will be regular, no one "except Tony Stewart" really knew how to handle the thing. "I like how one of the drivers said he reverted back to dirt track to drive taht thing"

And it was primarily designed for saftey
Some guys had really loose cars some had really, really tight cars (like Kurt bush)...

You are correct about it being designed for safty... I am pretty sure that the seat was moved 4 inches to the right so when they got t-boned by another car the impact wouldn't be as bad on the driver, and this is only one if many improvements they made..
Old 03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
ScRacing

I like nascar now. The cars are wider and longer. They actually look like the cars they represent and i think it is a good move. All they nead to do now is get rid of the restricter plates.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 PM
misshydro

I dont like that car! You know what make the car is on the old bodys.Whats nexted All run the same make of motors?![&:] Then maybe them them to big R/C cars?! Or have Robbots drive them?! How fare are they going to plus this junk?! Rember how fast and popler Nascar became and your going to see how fast there going to lose fans over this junk!? NASCAR Was made by old moon shine boys who had nothing better to do on the weekends. NASCAR is a USA motor sport with factory prouduce cars to mod and race on the race track! Now with the car of tomarrow you just put stickers of a ford or dodge or Gm/chevy or toyota on that body?! Now just think you can go to a dealership buy a car body style and say there racing my favorite make of car?![&:] This is my opion, stuped or not.[>:]
Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
ScRacing

I agree they should have diferent grills, side windows, and rear ends, but i like the general shape.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 PM
nbk

The only reason people watch nascar and f1 is for the crashes
or at least I do.
It gets boring after a while,
maybe thats why they drink beer
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: misshydro

I dont like that car! You know what make the car is on the old bodys.Whats nexted All run the same make of motors?![&:] Then maybe them them to big R/C cars?! Or have Robbots drive them?! How fare are they going to plus this junk?!
IMO, You are thinking a little to big...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:41 AM
A.B.U

I thought all NASCAR were the same.. just different bodies.. same motors, shocks, tires, wheels, internals.. etc?

I dunno.. that's what I thought, anyways.. i guess the point of nascar is which driver really is better.. and not which cars go faster..
Old 03-31-2007, 11:29 AM
ScRacing

It is all baisically the same. The guy with the best pit team, stratigy, set up, and skills will win.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
misshydro

They also run different motors to,Dodge,ford,chevy,GM,toyota too.All got to be under a the CID and HP rules. plus they all run different suspention set ups to,but must be under NASCAR specks. Dokioto
No I'm not.This stuff been going on for years now. First got rid of the Hemi and then the bigblock plus put restictor plates to slow the car down.Letting in toyota and other forigen car in and now one body style!! Come on now this is getting to big joke now!! What next?! Robots driving the cars?! Oh Better yet!Make them into big real R/C car!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:54 AM
2DayAir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They also run different motors to,Dodge,ford,chevy,GM,toyota too.All got to be under a the CID and HP rules. plus they all run different suspention set ups to,but must be under NASCAR specks. Dokioto
No I'm not.This stuff been going on for years now. First got rid of the Hemi and then the bigblock plus put restictor plates to slow the car down.Letting in toyota and other forigen car in and now one body style!! Come on now this is getting to big joke now!! What next?! Robots driving the cars?! Oh Better yet!Make them into big real R/C car!!!
You could always stick it to Nascar and stop watching the races if these things bother you so much...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Dokioto

I know this is off topic but what was so bad about letting in Toyota? Foreign cars have raced in NASCAR befor...
And like 2DayAir said, you could always stop watching it... Every body has there opinions though..