Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

300?

Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Wisconsin Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300?

who has seen this movie?

IS IT NOT THE BEST EVER!!!???

the cinematography is absolutley amasing espicialy when that dudes head gets cut off BEST SCENE!

and this is all so my 300'th post as well HUZAA!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:58 AM
MaD_MaxX

Default RE: 300?

I've seen it and I liked it but not as much as everybody says. I don't know, just not my type.
I'll have to agree though that the visual effects are amazing.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watched it again last night for the second time. It's a nice movie, nowhere near the best ever though...have you seen Equilibrium? It's funny on some ways, expecially if you speak greek, since they've used many greek words and pronounced them utterly wrong. Still, enjoyed the movie though.

By the way, if anybody's interested and didn't know...the hunchbacks name; Efialtis, is exactly the greek word for nightmare. In greek it doesn't really work very well as a name though, it's just the word for nightmare.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Pyrotechnic

i thought it was a pretty kick @$$ movie. one of the best movies ive seen in awhile.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I hav yet to see it, but everyone I talk to mentions it is a movie that ranks up with Gladiator! That alone has pursuaded me to see it for sure; usually, I just wait for movies to come out on DVD before I buy them; about the same price as a movie ticket now-a-days.

I cannot help but be reminded of a scene in the Last Samurai in which Tom Cruise makes reference to Thermopolae and how he was comparing that to his situation and that of also Custer's battalion of the 7th Cav regiment.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM
felsi

i liked i think is a great movie but the end is weird beause you think spartans will win the war ,but then i figure out that leonilas prove jerjes that a god can bleed and that jerjes whas ot a real god as he thpught he was. i liked it a great story and great effects.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gret movie, not the best ever but definately one of the best movies i've seen in a long time and i watch ALOT of moves...and when i mean alot i really mean alot lol. I wish they would have shown the last battle also! Awesome movie though!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

They dont even attempt to show the last battle??!! How lame! I though that would be the climax that ispires everyone to rave about this movie as they now do.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:44 AM
nitro _ burner

unfair i was going to see it with some friends but it was rated MA15+ soooo being 14 we couldnt go[&:] so we went home and watched some other movies.
can somone tell me the basic story line???
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
sunco1

i liked it so much i wnet back and saw it for the 7th time with all my friends ( i get in for free because the manager is my neighbor)
Old 04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Pyrotechnic

haha, lucky. i wish i could go that much but for $10 a ticket is not worth it when you can wait a few months and get it on dvd for practicaly the same price.