Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Planet Earth (on the discovery channel)

Old 03-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Gex_61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planet Earth (on the discovery channel)

Has anyone seen this yet? What do you think?

I watched the one on "mountains" and the "deep ocean" last night at 2:00am after we got back from an R/C race. I was very tired but couldn't stop watching. The 11 part series took 5 years to film. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I can't describe it to you, you have to see it. It doesn't even deserve to be on TV. This is the kind of stuff they show in IMAX Theaters.

It's all in HD to.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Bombers_410

Default RE: Planet Earth (on the discovery channel)

Yeah they have some awesome footage in there. I dont really like the way they narrorate it though. I watched the first episode, i think it was called the poles or something and it was awesome. I started watching the mountains one but didnt like it as much as the first one.

the next set of shows is on tomorrow night i think.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Gex_61

Did you at least watch up to the part with the snow leopard. It was beautiful. Cats are so cool looking when they hunt, very stealthy. I really liked all of the scenery shots they got of the mountains.

The deep ocean one was also very good. Most of it was so far down it was pitch black. It's crazy they were able to get any footage down there. They did though and it was amazing quality. All I have to say is that the bottom of the ocean is a creepy place.

For me it will be on tomorrow afternoon. I think the first 3 episodes (including these^) and 2 new ones. I'll probably record them all.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got all the DVDs for my birthday. It's very cool... I've only watched the first disc so far... On the DVDs they are in this order:

Disc 1
From Pole to Pole
Mountains
Fresh Water

Disc 2
Caves
Deserts
Ice Worlds

Disc 3
Great Plains
Jungle
Shallow Seas

Disc4
Seasonal Forests
Ocean Deep

Disc 5
Saving Species
Into the Wilderness
Living Together
Old 04-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Bombers_410

Wow i wish I would have had that DVD set last year when I was giving all my presentations in Ecology/biology class.