Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Lipo and electric motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
ITHURTZ1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo and electric motor?

If it can be done, Ill probably be doing this project in a year or so. Its similiar to a electric vehicle.

So I plan to use a 6hp motor which requires a 80 amp continous draw, I found Li-ion 90amp continous draw battery packs, but they weight 2lbs each and running 3 of those doesnt seem like it could spin the 6hp motor for that long of a range.

Heres the pack I was looking at. https://www.all-battery.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1008

The idea here is to get the most power out of the least weight. I dont know how long a 6000mah pack would work, but I would like atleast 150miles per charge with no less of a top speed than 60mph.

4 of those batteries is 2 volts to much for the 72volt max for this motor, a 13hp is a 130amp continous draw and I cant find any packs above the 90amp I found. So if anyone has some input on this, perhaps better battery packs that dont weight 600lbs would be sweet.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:46 PM
ITHURTZ1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo and electric motor?

I was just looking at Ni-mh batteries and the one cell I was looking at was
# Standard discharging rate (1C): 12Amp ( Recommended and warranted)
# Discharging:
- Highest Discharging rate for continuous running: 35Amp
- Max. Discharging rate for short time: 50Amp

Is with 2 its 24amp draw and the more you put on the more draw it could handle?