Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes-i think it will help the hobby
15.79%
no-it will ruin the hobby with all the lawsuits
57.89%
other(pleas explane)
26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

hasbro bringing nitro mainstreem?

Old 04-07-2007, 03:05 AM
tmaxx-drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hasbro bringing nitro mainstreem?

has anyone else herd that hasbro brought 2 new nitro power rc's to be sold at stores such as walmart and toys'r'us and others
they retail for $175 and go 25mph(as stated in the ad)

so letme know what you people think

(if you don't know what it is google it hasbro nitro rc or nitro xrc)
Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 AM
CadillacDTS2001

Default RE: hasbro bringing nitro mainstreem?

hasbro, and that other walmart company HAS had a nitro truck before that was sold at toy 'R' us. it went off the shelf because people were buying them for then 4-7year olds and burning them selfs and ingesting the nitro.
i doubt it will work this time.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:33 AM
RC freak

that's a bad sign cause then you'd got 4 and 8 year olds driving and burnin' themselfs(something similar to what Taylor Shaw said)
Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 AM
ttoks

i think this could work in both ways, it could be good or bad, before posting i did some reading on these, and really they look very low quality, i think something like this would be best marketed to about the 10-13 year old age group, as sort of an intro to hobby nitro, but then theres the all important safety, really the most important, i think that with proper parental supervision these would be safe for a 10-13 year old, the only problem? most parents either dont care that nitro is dangerous, or dont know it is, and therefore would let there children go play with there friends with there toy, and that is when i can see nitro geting split all over hands and the groud, and it geting into eyes, and thats when it would be dangerouse, so i'v voted other becuase i can see this hurting and helping the nitro rc hobbys
Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
misshydro

Hey guys!Rember when Coxs had nitro planes that you can buy at K marts and Hills stores.My first nirto veichial was a p40 wwII plane I was six years old at the time and I love it eventhow it has strings to fly it.[8D] But buying it for kids under 6 would be a proublem.[]
Old 04-07-2007, 12:20 PM
tmaxx-drifter

well if you read they say it is for kids in their upper teens (16 and up to be more specific)
but like you guys said parents will buy anything there kid wants to get them out of their hair

i think it could be could be bad but i don't know what the odds are it'' be detremental
on the god side maby sombody will buy one (because of the price) and realize that they really like nitro and therefore hip or traxxas or losi or some other brands may be growing in popularity but lawsuits speak loudly and not for the good(plus if you burn your self with nitro because you are careless then it is your own fault)

i am still wondering(because i have yet to see one in person) if they are disposable like there price and brand name incure
Old 04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Since it is being sold at toy stores and other big discount chain stores, I can totally see parents disregarding the age recommendations and buying it for their kids anyways. Once these kids ingest more nitro, burn their hands, rm other kids at 25MPF (and yes, that can break a child's food!), these toy-grade models will be yanked off the shelves too. What I am more afraid of is the lawsuits and the possibility of even politicians stepping in and passing laws against RCs!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:25 AM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i voted "Other"

as mentioned above, little kiddies who dont know their ass from their elbow when it comes to nitro (figure of speech) will no doubt do stupid things like lean the engine to destruction, run it into a curb, break a suspension arm then find out they cant find a replcement and just chuck it in the bin.

i was lucky enough to have a dad who was a mechanic and had a nitro carson monster truck when i was about 12 so when i got my first nitro (HPI Savage) he had the experiance and told me how dangerous nitro was and how to properly care for it, without him no doubt i would have made some stupid mistakes and killed that truck, so when mommy and daddy buy little Jimmy the said hasbro nitro truck, considering they wuld be selling it at walmart which isnt really a Hobby shop, no doubt they wouldnt know how to start it, tune it, clean it, care for it, repair it e.t.c. and also as said above, a lump of plastic with a bit of metal attached to it ramming a little kiddy at 25mph can do some serious damage

HOWEVER, if like me they have parental supervision and the correct guidance they could go far in this hobby, by learning the basics (tuning, cleaning, repairing e.t.c) on the said hasbro truck, they can then move on to bigger and better things

rant over...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's gonna make our hobby look like ****. RC's are going to get banned and more..... Plain and simple.