Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH!!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DON'T PUMP GAS ON MAY 15TH!!

Well, the 15th has passed and the idiots who began this chain e-mailing to not buy gasoline on the 15th failed in their goals miserably, at least in my home town. This was nothing more than an excesie of futility. Instead of less people driving so they would not have to buy gas, more people were instead out on the highways (at least in my town) and traffic congestion was actually worse on the 15th. This means more cars idling on clogged freeways not moving but still burning gasoline. The result? Everyone who drove would have to buy gas sooner because they burned more gas going nowhere and ran anywhere from a half gallon to a couple of gallons just going to work!

For all the reasons mentioned in the previous threads, this call for a boycott was nothing but a stupid and futile effort to hurt the big oil companies. They will never be hurt; the only way to hurt them is to use less oil products, period. Consuming less fuel by driving less, using less electricity (if your electricity comes from oil or gas fired electric plants), moving to where you can go everwhere you need by walking or riding a bicycle, etc, etc, etc, is the only way to hurt the big oil companies. One day boycotts and calls for them are nothing but pure idiocy
Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 PM
crazyjr

No offence to anyone and i know its three days later, but do you really think it will work? the day after the boycott gas prices jumped a nickel and gone up a penny the next day. I didn't buy gas on the 15th, because i didn't have anywhere i had to go, I did fill up the 17th. Want to kill big gas guy's, don't make stupid little trips, when you can do five things in one trip, plan a short route and do a bunch of things at once, carpool to work. If you plan you can do better in consumption, I have a dodge dakota with a V8 auto and it gets 13 miles per gallon, but if i plan my runs i can get 2 weeks out of a tank, Sounds stupid, how about driving up the street for a soda or smokes? if you went and paid bills and did some shopping (groceries) at the same time you can save some gas. One day will not cripple big oil, but over time you can get the message acrossall company lines. BTW if the government would tax their profits ( exxon made 28 billion profit above their normal earnings) then we would see a massive drop in prices.

sorry for the political statement at the end but its true, if they get away with it they will continue with the raping of america by overcharging for gas
Old 05-19-2007, 04:28 AM
Dil

go buy a toyota prius,,!!! ahahaha,, according to the top gear review,, an old land rover has better milage than the prius,, what an overated car!!,, the tree huggers,, dont know what they talking about!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 AM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

We need to take 1 day and everyone stay home AND not buy gas, nobody use a drop except emergency vehicles. I'll go for that, besides who would gripe about a day off from work!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:27 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That's the spirit! To go with not buying gas, we should all not drive at all for a day; as a matter of fact, if any of you guys work for an oil company, you should all call in sick one day! That way, you are not burning any of their expensive *** gas, and you will be hurting the gas company by not being there! Several hundreds of housands of oil workeres not showing up will have an impact for sure.

Additionally, since the oil companies will be sure to rise prices even more to account for the labor oil employees did not contribute, the rest of use shoudl call in sick for the next 2 or 3 days and not drive anywhere at all! The big oil companies will have this expensive gas (some will still be produced even without oil workers showing up) that noone is buying becasue no one is driving! Hahahahaha

Seriously though; we do need to show the oil companies that we are willing to counter gas price hikes, now about $3 per gallon for 87octane. That means do not take that vacation in which you have to drive a long way. Instead, vacation close to home. Also, eliminate all driving activities that are not for some important reason. If it is pretty out, instead of driving to the park, walk to the local park to enjoy it. Or, sit out in the front lawn and just chill with a friend or two and have some drinks and a barbeeque. We just have to drive less, period.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
crazyjr

ORIGINAL: green river rc

We need to take 1 day and everyone stay home AND not buy gas, nobody use a drop except emergency vehicles. I'll go for that, besides who would gripe about a day off from work!
All that will do is tickle them. Exxon made 28 billion over their normal profit margins, All others made less but over ten bil ea. The democrats wanted to put a windfall tax on them and had hearingsfor such reasons, but with the republican majority, at the time, and bush deep in big oil's pockets, nothing happened. Now this year we are at 3.00 already, last year it took till july to do it. If everyone could drop consumption by 5%, that would send a message