Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Will Jr. Leave D.E.I. ??????

Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Jr. Leave D.E.I. ??????

Seems that uestion might be answerred today...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6793898

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
beelzebubishere

Default RE: Will Jr. Leave D.E.I. ??????

Yup.......2008 season is open for bids. Junior would like to stay with Chevy, but is open to all offers.....Hendricks, Childress, Gibbs...... I'll bet they will be talking to Jr. before the week is over.
He will finish this season with D.E.I., but after that.......

Check out http://www.speedtv.com/ for the whole story.

Teresa owns the #8, it will not leave D.E.I., Chidress owns the #3.....another Earnhardt in the #3, now wouldn't that be interesting. It could happen....who knows at this point.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Checkpointracer

I'd like to see Earnheart jr to go to hendrick and drive the #5 car and Kyle Busch leave.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:41 PM
beelzebubishere

Hmmmmmm....... that would be sweeeeeet! It would be even sweeter if BOTH Busch brothers went to drive for Mikey Waltrip.
ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

I'd like to see Earnheart jr to go to hendrick and drive the #5 car and Kyle Busch leave.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
ScRacing

I think this is what he needs. He has been a chicken wiht its head cut off for the last few years. He needs to stop, take a break, and get a new start. I hope he does not join hendrick. I love hendrick and jimmey and jeff are the best in the wrold at nascar right now. Haveing another super power would be to much. Jr should go to hendrick and drive the #3 and put that car back into the history books.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
smaxx3.3

i would love to see him in the #3, but if he went to hendrick that would be a VERY good team, jimmy, jeff and dale. i just hope he don't go to team thats not chevy.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

Hmmmmmm....... that would be sweeeeeet! It would be even sweeter if BOTH Busch brothers went to drive for Mikey Waltrip.

I think Kyle Busch is actually a pretty good driver, just a little reckless and has a lot of bad luck. I'd hate to see him get kicked to make room for Jr.,but he'd probably just go to DEI to replace jr.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
2DayAir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Richard Childress racing is the obvious best fit, especially after the comments Jr made today about his father teaming up with Richard at the same age of 32 ...they still have room for one more car under Nascar's new cap of 4 cars. If that doesn't play out I could see Jr taking over the 25 from Mears for Hendrick Motorsports, and then Casey Mears goes to Penske Racing to run a third car because of the Casey's uncle Rick Mears' ties to Roger Penske in Indy car...let the speculation begin...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There was talk also of him going to Joe Gibbs Racing, that way he could team up with his buddy Tony Stewart. I don't see him getting out of a Chevy as they have money invested in him. Some team is going to want to grab him up just for the money from Bud as they invest heavily to get their name up front.
I see him going to Richard Childress Racing and getting the number 3 slapped on the side of his car. The fans of him and his dad will go insane!
Teresa won't starve as she still owns the rights to Dale's name which is estimated to be worth $14,000,000.00 a year and the Chevy dealership besides DEI.
Junior, Kerry and Kelly will go their own way from Teresa and be very successful. The already have a plan to construct an amusement park/racetrack.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 AM
beelzebubishere

Jimmy, Jeff, and Junior.....THAT would be a team! Send Mears and Busch to the "bush leagues," or just plain fire the both of them, and develop a team around 3 winners.....
YEAH....that would be awesome.
ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

i would love to see him in the #3, but if he went to hendrick that would be a VERY good team, jimmy, jeff and dale. i just hope he don't go to team thats not chevy.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Ron Olson

The big question may be answered today, where is Junior going?
It appears that Junior was talking with Richard Childress Racing last night and they want him! A formal announcement should be made yet today. He possibly will not have the #3 on the car but instead, 33.
Check out www.jayski.com or www.thatsracin.com .
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
beelzebubishere

That's cool too.....very cool. I like Burton, fact is I pull for him every week. Junior as a team mate.....yeah, I like that!

I'd till like to see Hendricks fire Busch though.LOL
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 PM
smaxx3.3

ORIGINAL: NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

I think Kyle Busch is actually a pretty good driver, just a little reckless and has a lot of bad luck. I'd hate to see him get kicked to make room for Jr.,but he'd probably just go to DEI to replace jr.
when ever kyle or kurt wrecks dale always get collected in there too lol that wouldn't be good for the team 2 cars out at one time lol. but i think tony and dale would be really good together also. its up to juinor, i think he is going to RCR.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
beelzebubishere

B/S.....pure B/S according to the Junior interveiw just aired on Speed with Jr in the Darlington pits. The "press" is gonna be following any rumor it finds....beleive it when Junior SAYS it.

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

The big question may be answered today, where is Junior going?
It appears that Junior was talking with Richard Childress Racing last night and they want him! A formal announcement should be made yet today. He possibly will not have the #3 on the car but instead, 33.
Check out www.jayski.com or www.thatsracin.com .
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Bert93

Just read it in the paper today, Jr. is OUT!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
sapper ion

Just out of curiosity, didn't they Retire #3 after the crash
Old 05-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Ron Olson

NASCAR doesn't believe in retiring numbers like the ball and puck sports. Richard Childress simply chose not to use the number and I think that if somebody else tried that it wouldn't go over to well.
If NASCAR started retiring numbers, they run out of them in no time as there would be requests for a lot of them and they only go as far as using double-digit numbers.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 AM
2DayAir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah regarding the number 3, if I recall correctly, owners purchase the right to use specific car numbers each year, and if you had a number the year before you have first dibs on it. I remember this issue came up when Bill Elliott came to Evernham Motorsports and wanted to run the #9 and the rights had been purchased by another team...in the end they worked out some kind of deal. What Childress has done since the crash is continued purchasing the right to the #3 each year, just to ensure nobody else tries to run it...not sure that anyone would anyhow..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:38 PM
The_Lost_Otter

I don't watch nascar, but what did Ricky Carmichel get and what team is he on?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Well, it's pretty much official.....
Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Wednesday will announce his intent to move to Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet in 2008, multiple sources with intimate knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com Tuesday on condition of anonymity.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. (8)

AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

Dale Earnhardt Jr. likely won't be Driver 8 anymore, but will he still pilot the Budweiser Chevrolet?
Hendrick Motorsports declined comment, and e-mails and calls sent to Earnhardt's representation were not returned. A news conference was scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday to officially announce the deal.

Kelly Earnhardt Elledge, who has handled contract negotiations for her brother, declined to comment on the report.

There was some speculation that the wheels are already in motion to plant Earnhardt in the No. 5 now driven by Kyle Busch before season's end, but Dale Earnhardt Inc. president Max Siegel, contacted by phone Tuesday, discounted that scenario, saying Earnhardt would remain in the No. 8 through season's end.

Sources said there are indications that Busch may not finish the year in the No. 5. Busch is under contract with HMS through the end of next season, and Hendrick had been working to sign the 22-year old driver to an extension.

Jeff Dickerson, an attorney for Busch, told ESPN.com that "a lot of things may or may not occur. Out of respect for Hendrick Motorsports, we're not really sure what's going on yet. But we're trying. I don't think anything's changed yet. I cannot tell you that Kyle is out of the No. 5 for 2008."

Meanwhile, one potential scenario would be Casey Mears moving to the No. 5 and Earnhardt moving to the No. 25 currently being driven by Mears.

Earnhardt announced last month he was leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc. at season's end to compete for a more competitive organization.

Joe Gibbs Racing and Ginn Racing, both considered contenders to land Earnhardt, said Tuesday they are not part of the press conference. Richard Childress, whose team was also thought to have an opportunity to sign Earnhardt, is out of the country.

It is unknown whether sponsor Budweiser will follow Earnhardt to Hendrick.