Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

dumb little kids

Old 05-22-2007, 07:44 PM
RC freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dumb little kids

He probably had nuttin 2 do so he played wid yo truck.But seriously say you might carry them to court,it would make them scared.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 AM
boltech

It's gonna be hard to prove he did it. hands down. You gonna need that radio as well as his confession. Else you have no case. Your better off getting better electronics and cutting your losses.

Too many toys use the 27Mhz & 40Mhz bands which is why i'm not surprised he hiijacked your truck so easily.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
sfsjkid

Yeah, 2.4Ghz is the way to go, especially if you are running out in the street, no telling who might want to "shoot" you down

Let me ask you this though. Are you sure it was the kid? I'm asking because I've done some testing with 2 transmitters on the same frequency and one receiver. Sure you get glitching but the closer one usually wins. Sounds like another possibility is a RX battery without juice, at least from the info you've given us so far.

Also, I run a failsafe and a throttle return spring. The failsafe for problems such as the one you mention, and the return spring in case I'm having so much fun I forget to check the RX battery (I've done this a couple of times). The spring doesn't have to be super strong, just barely enough to bring the throttle back when the radio off. Engine vibrations will take care of the rest.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Beasley1

I dont think the court thing is going to work. I would laugh at you if you told me you were going to take me to court. Then id say go ahead and the court would not take you seriuos in the first place.

But that does suck. Makes me want to get a better controler.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Hehehe my neighbor have a traxxas t maxx and it is on AM channel 4 . so i have a very good digital AM radio which will over power his so a couple times when he is running it i will tune in and take over the car from my house and run the course and up and down the street.
once time i actually chased him for a good 30 seconds.
it was very funny because he had no idea of what was happening!!
i do it but i just kinda trow him off. ever so often i will turn the transmiter and play around with his mind.
i don't think he knows whats going on other then a glitch!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Bert93

Hehehe my neighbor have a traxxas t maxx and it is on AM channel 4 . so i have a very good digital AM radio which will over power his so a couple times when he is running it i will tune in and take over the car from my house and run the course and up and down the street.
once time i actually chased him for a good 30 seconds.
i do it but i just kinda trow him off. ever so often i will turn the transmiter and play around with his mind.
i don't think he knows whats going on other then a glitch!
LOL that's so messed up, but halarious (i would do the same thing)
Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
RS4rallydriver

ORIGINAL: Taylor Shaw

...once time i actually chased him for a good 30 seconds.

LOL! and he actually ran from it? That's really funny. messed up like bert said, but yes, really funny. that sounds like one of those pranks they'd do on that show the jamie kennedy experiment.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:36 AM
CadillacDTS2001

yeah. his back yard it is fairly large.
and when the car was away from him i just went full tilt at the guy and he turned around and ran to the side to avoid it. so i slowed down and went to the side and before you knew it he was running from the truck.
i swear to god i should have got a video of it. it was super funny.last night i see he now has a traxxas 4tech ( street car)
and i believe he is a brown color crystal isn't that like 6 or something.
well any way my radio can do all those channels so i think i will have some good fun tonight.
'
Old 05-24-2007, 07:55 AM
ttoks

taylor, you are evil, i like you.

the ironic thing is your last name is the same as a teacher i used to call satan...