Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Question for all that will help

Old 05-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Beerbroker3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for all that will help

I am far from new to R/c but for the last 10-15 years it has only been aircraft and boats, I am asking any experienced driver if they feel a Traxxas TMAXX 3.3 will be suitable for just having fun with, this will mostly be for my wife, she wants something quick but that will also handle terain very well. I have spent the last couple weeks reading different forums but all I can come up with is "to each their own". Any help would be appreciated, I also liked the REVO but I am leaning toward the TMAXX, all the videos I have found show this truck takes it and keeps coming for more. I am very open to suggestions I have about a month before my wifes B-day, and I have to get her something on the ground (but for me too, I will be tuning and upgrading) she just has the tendency to crash everything on water and in the air, but she does love speed. I just really want her to leave my speed boats and airplanes alone. I thought the TMAXX might fit this, any suggestions, I have lost five planes, two helecopters, and three boats in six months. Enough is enough,[], Can the TMAXX handle abuse? I guess that is my main question, I realize everything has its breaking point but it looks like this truck may handle abuse better than some. Any help would be appreciated to me and my dwindling collection.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
RS4rallydriver

Default RE: Question for all that will help

yes, t-maxxes take abuse. most of the big trucks do. if you get the maxx, I'd say to get some aluminum bulkheads. I don't have a t-maxx, but I hear that most people like this as a durability upgrade.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 PM
ProRCRacer88

I always heard that the Team Associated monster gt is the best truck for taking abuse out the box, that and the Team Losi LST 2. Tmaxxes are good to but arent tougher then these 2 trucks out the box.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Beerbroker3

I really apreciate the advice guys, thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 07:23 PM
frizzlefry99

if you are strictly traxxas gu ythen go with the tmaxx it should handle quite a bit for its size, otherwise if you are looking for an all out tuff truck that can handle aheckofa lot more abuse get yourself the new savagex its one heck of a truck and great for bashing like crazy, and you really shouldnt need any real upgrades for it in quite a long time.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Beerbroker3

Thanks, I just checked out HPI web site, wow what a truck. I am glad I asked for assistance, I believe my money will go to the Savage. I appreciate it. This truck looks incredible and strong enough to take my wifes abuse.lol
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 AM
ProRCRacer88

truck is good but when its time to replace things or somthing, its very complex to work on.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Nick2618

I have lost five planes, two helecopters, and three boats in six months.
Did your wife crash all those on you???