Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

cars from games that you want to RC

Old 07-07-2007, 01:24 AM
SpeedAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cars from games that you want to RC

The Batmobile from "Batman Begins"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57146.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	717653  
Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

you have to wonder tho,is that actually aerodynamically feasible? as in,will it really fly... you could say that anything will fly with enough power, but thats not a good way of doing things... maybe getting it to hover is the only real way of getting it airborne? you'll need 4 servos to move the flight surfaces and stuff... and then somehow get veritcal thrust at right angles from the horizontal nacelles, since the 6 streams of jets you see in halo would be almost impossible to do in RC, unless you can find something thats light, small, and creates very fast moving air, like some centrifugal compressor thingie spinning at crazy rpms,and then find a way to pipe this fast moving air to the wings while still letting the wing rotate, without having the pressure on the pipes rip the fuselage apart, and then you'd have to have an opening at the top which isnt really present on the pelican, except for the 2 slits at the top... maybe a better way is by some kind of deflector behind the nacelles that diverts the thrust downwards for hovering? the deflectors will all move together , since you already maneuvre the pelican using the control surfaces , so the angle or position of the deflector will control the state of flight , wether hovering or forward...
Not meaning to be a snot or anything but if great planes can get the GEE BEE to fly
They can get the Pelican dropship to fly.
GEE BEE Aiplane
Woah! :O i see what you mean, how the heck does that thing fly with those tiny little wings?

i magine the pelican fuselage would be a bit lighter if its made from foam and has 9g servos in it
Old 07-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Wild Foamy

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

you have to wonder tho,is that actually aerodynamically feasible? as in,will it really fly... you could say that anything will fly with enough power, but thats not a good way of doing things... maybe getting it to hover is the only real way of getting it airborne? you'll need 4 servos to move the flight surfaces and stuff... and then somehow get veritcal thrust at right angles from the horizontal nacelles, since the 6 streams of jets you see in halo would be almost impossible to do in RC, unless you can find something thats light, small, and creates very fast moving air, like some centrifugal compressor thingie spinning at crazy rpms,and then find a way to pipe this fast moving air to the wings while still letting the wing rotate, without having the pressure on the pipes rip the fuselage apart, and then you'd have to have an opening at the top which isnt really present on the pelican, except for the 2 slits at the top... maybe a better way is by some kind of deflector behind the nacelles that diverts the thrust downwards for hovering? the deflectors will all move together , since you already maneuvre the pelican using the control surfaces , so the angle or position of the deflector will control the state of flight , wether hovering or forward...
Not meaning to be a snot or anything but if great planes can get the GEE BEE to fly
They can get the Pelican dropship to fly.
GEE BEE Aiplane
Woah! :O i see what you mean, how the heck does that thing fly with those tiny little wings?

i magine the pelican fuselage would be a bit lighter if its made from foam and has 9g servos in it
Thats exactly what I said. One of the guys at my lhs said it flies pretty good. Its completly hollowed out.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The F117 is also another monstrosity of aerodynamic design, but it too flies!

I guess just about any model with wings and control surfaces can fly so long as the CG and how the center of pressure are placed are designed will.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
msdtyu

sweet tooth from twisted metal and minion can already be made u just have to paint an rc tank to those colers
Old 07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
s7jstep1

i like the 787b also. i would like to see the ford gt race car from gran tourismo 4. also a 69 mustang mach 1, and a fox-body mustang 5.0 (87-93)
Old 07-26-2007, 05:55 PM
drag racer

i want to see a 1970-1971 dodge dart body made.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 PM
SS5800EvADer

the warthog from halo

that would be a cool off road kit
Old 07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
yellowfuzzle

Delorean:

Or for offroad :

Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Jordandarkmagic

Damn I'd seriously wna turn this Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII I customized on Need For Speed Carbon
Old 07-26-2007, 09:52 PM
RC freak

wat feature is dat
Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Jordandarkmagic

I paused the game and went into photo mode, but since I didn't have an EA account. I just took a screen shot
I was doing a canyon drift when I took this photo.