Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Crysis...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crysis...

What a game! I'm loving the graphics, though even my ninja beast PC is not capable of running everything on highest at 1600x1200. Luckily anti-aliasing is not needed at that resolution. I get around 60fps at 1600x1200 with everything on high, and it still looks AMAZING. Gameplay is great too. All of a sudden I'm an invisible jungle ninja, scourge of the undergrowth, lord of the tall grass! lol! [>:]

Anybody considering a major PC upgrade, NOW's the time. Watch out aliens, cyber suited stealth stylee death is coming your way! MWAHAHAHAHA.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:28 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Crysis...

Yeah, I picked it up as well- great game. I'm running it on dual 8800GTS', 4GB RAM, and an E6600 and its amazing.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
ferrarimk13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, my computer is so slow it takes like 15 minutes to start up and open an internet window, i hope that my laptop will have better when i decide to get it.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Anthoop

Oh bum...i forgot that was coming out!
Mental note....must purchase that tomorrow.

Hey no spoilers now Foxy!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I too forgot it was coming out, I was caught up with COD4 and the more recently Mass Effect.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM
aer-wubby

I didn't find Crysis visuals to impressive... Doesn't live up to it's hype.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

damn, my computer is so slow it takes like 15 minutes to start up and open an internet window, i hope that my laptop will have better when i decide to get it.

i feel your pain...
Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

What resolution and settings were you running it at? There's no other game on the market for any console of any kind that can match the graphics. On Vista, with DX10, at high settings or higher, it's nothing short of mind blowing. It absolutely lives up to the hype, not only in terms of graphics, but gameplay too. It's been reviewed by all the major publications on and offline now, and it's lowest review score was like 92%. Gamespot who are notoriously harsh gave it 95%, the second equal highest PC game ever reviewed.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:40 AM
ttoks

well fox, i think it's time you sent me a PM outlining how to build an awesome ass compy so i can play this game...
Old 11-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Foxy

For this game it's pretty simple... Dual core processor 6600 or higher ideally, good cooler so you can overclock it a bit, at least 2GB of DDR2 RAM and a Nvidia 8800GT or higher graphics card. You can play it with a lesser machine, but I personally wouldn't be able to 'enjoy it' with a lower spec than that. My own machine is an Intel Core 2 6850@3Ghz (running at 3.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 800 (running at 960Mhz), and a single Nvidia 8800GTX card. It plays nice on high settings at 1600x1200, but if your monitor's native res is only 1280x1024 for example, then it will play even better. Its worth upgrading for this game, really. there's never been anything like it. It even makes Gears of War look average.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Foxy

my computer is so slow it takes like 15 minutes to start up
Ha! sorry but I have to take this opportunity to brag...

Vista boots up in 18 seconds from the BIOS post screen to typing in my password. [X(][>:][8D]

Someone said I shouldn't bother with a Raptor 10k rpm hard drive, but I can't remember who. I have to say I wasn't sure, but I went ahead and did it anyway, and it makes a MASSIVE difference to sustained transfer rates. Not sure if the extra performance is worth the extra cost for what is essentially quite a small disk (150GB), but it is definitely a fair bit faster. Just so you all know.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:56 AM
boltech

Foxy r u playing on a monitor? or do you have your pc hooked up to the HD big screen in the rec room?

ORIGINAL: foxy42

What resolution and settings were you running it at? There's no other game on the market for any console of any kind that can match the graphics. On Vista, with DX10, at high settings or higher, it's nothing short of mind blowing. It absolutely lives up to the hype, not only in terms of graphics, but gameplay too. It's been reviewed by all the major publications on and offline now, and it's lowest review score was like 92%. Gamespot who are notoriously harsh gave it 95%, the second equal highest PC game ever reviewed.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:59 AM
boltech

wow very impressive foxy! http://www.barefeats.com/hard38.html

my computer is so slow it takes like 15 minutes to start up
Ha! sorry but I have to take this opportunity to brag...

Vista boots up in 18 seconds from the BIOS post screen to typing in my password. [X(][>:][8D]

Someone said I shouldn't bother with a Raptor 10k rpm hard drive, but I can't remember who. I have to say I wasn't sure, but I went ahead and did it anyway, and it makes a MASSIVE difference to sustained transfer rates. Not sure if the extra performance is worth the extra cost for what is essentially quite a small disk (150GB), but it is definitely a fair bit faster. Just so you all know.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Foxy

I play on a native 1600x1200 LG 20.1" 4:3 tft. It was top when I bought it, but now it's comparatively cheap. I have an HD TV for movies and the Xbox 360, but I don't like playing PC games in wide screen (well, it depends on the game, but generally...). It's more than adequate for my pc needs, as obviously I sit 2 feet away, and of course, it's much sharper than all but the most expensive TVs.

PS. Nice, thanks for that benchmark on the raptor, confirms what I believed, it wasn't wasted money, and of course the differences, expressed as percentages will increase proportionately with the speed of other components, so since I have a hot motherboard and processor, the difference maybe a little more on mine. As for whether the dollar difference is worth the performance increase, it's debatable and I guess it depends on your level of geekiness. Personally, I'm a level 60 geek with an amulet of geekiness +5.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Wide Open

I have the 150GB Raptor X in my computer and it's amazing. I plan to keep it for a long time.

BTW, do you have any screen shots of Crysis?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Foxy

Hang on, I'll take one or two at 1600x1200 from my PC, gonna take me a few minutes to take em and upload em, be right back. This will also be a demo of how it is on HIGH settings (as opposed to HIGHEST).
Old 11-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Foxy

OK, here ya go guys, remember this is on HIGH with anti-aliasing OFF.

http://members.freezone.co.uk/jonfox/Crysis1.jpg
http://members.freezone.co.uk/jonfox/Crysis2.jpg
http://members.freezone.co.uk/jonfox/Crysis3.jpg
http://members.freezone.co.uk/jonfox/Crysis4.jpg
Old 11-22-2007, 02:09 PM
ferrarimk13

holy crap, that water looks so real! too bad im not into video games that much, otherwise i wouldnt mid getting that game.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Anthoop

Hey what are you up to with those two guys behind the tree????????

Got it today....blimey it's great i love it.
It's a pain using the keyboard though,i see you can use a 360 pad....would i need a blue tooth dongle to use it?

Old 11-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Foxy

No you need the special microsoft dongle, but if you play it with a joypad, I'm afraid I may have to never speak to you again. The mouse and keyboard combo is the most evolved control method in existence for these kinds of games and is unmatched. You'll find it very hard to beat the game with a pad, it's difficulty is tailored for the speed of aiming that is possible with a mouse.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:00 PM
aer-wubby

I run 1440x900... That's good enough for me and any other game IMO. COD4 looks hot compared to Crysis IMO. I guess I just haven't played much of Crysis.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Anthoop

Ah i hear you but i've got one of those finger mouse jobbers on the keyboard....it's tricky when you want to flip around....see what i'm saying?
Wireless keyboard and i'm sat on the sofa so i wouldn't have anywhere to put a normal mouse.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Foxy

lol. You lazy git.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Anthoop

Yep...that'll be me!