Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

apple gaming system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 PM
d3d5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apple gaming system?

Just reading about the ps3 and xbox 360. both made by two big brands that make computers etc. and i have an apple computer i think they make good products so i was thinking why not an apple gaming system? i bet it would be really good because it would have great graphics i'm sure and a nice size hard drive. A lot of games would come out on it i bet. what does everyone think?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Doahh

Default RE: apple gaming system?

LOL Know what an oxymoron is?
As bright as Night
Shot someone with a sword
etc.

Apple Gaming Computer is also one

Never has Never will. Sorry. The graphics are so so and there are only like 6 games for it. Only 2 are worth playing
Old 12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, but Apple is full of surprises, you never know! Actually, I was reading an article the other day by some industry (video game industry) folks, who were saying that eventually there will be a single games console, formats will be standardised and of course the benefits to the gamer will be tremendous. They'll be made by different companies of course, but the games will all be one format, like DVD players, they're all different (Sony, Denon, etc), but they all play the same DVDs... When the games industry reaches the money levels of the movie industry, it will happen. They say as soon as 20 years possibly.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Wide Open

The graphics on Macs look pretty while in reality most of them cannot handle much graphical load. (At least in my experience) A Mac will always be a good multimedia machine but will never match PC in terms of performance for gaming.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
DarkFire989

Im sorry but this will never happen(as stated above). Apples are not meant to be gaming pcs or what ever. What would there games consist of? Movie making games, song making games? It would be there pc in the shape of a console.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
d3d5

i did't mean a gaming computer i meant like soemthing like a xbox 360 and ps3 bu it would be called igame or something. not like a computer.i wonder if that would ever happen?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
DarkFire989

Not a chance. Apple is good at what they are right now. Their PC's and iPods are great. But they dont need to get into the video game department. Just look at how their products are priced. They are incredibly expensive. Imagine how much a gaming system would cost?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
d3d5

lol it would only cost around $1000
Old 12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Wide Open

A gaming system will run a lot more than a normal PC. You know those $400 HPs or Dells you can buy? To make a legitimate gaming computer it costs way more. I built my computer over the past summer and it cost $1500. (Still not extremely high end either) If Mac were to make a gaming rig the price would be out of this world. Their normal computers are already expensive so I don't even want to think about how much a gaming version would cost.