Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 PM
firestormanation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of music do you listen to?

I was just curious. I listen mostly to Underground Hip-Hop, Ska and a little Techno, Rock and a little reggae. Here are some of the artist I listen to(the ones w/smileys are some of my favorites):
Aesop Rock.......................................Da Rude.....................................Lords of the Underground..........................Scarface
Afroman........................................... ......Damien Marley............................Lupe Fiasco............................................ ........Sean Paul
Arctic Monkeys........................................Del tron 3030...............................Matisyahu...... ................................................Sl ayer
Army of the Pharoahs..............................Disturbed... .................................Metallica........ ................................................Sl im Thug
Atmosphere...................................... DJ Splash....................................Mickey Avalon............................................ ...Slip Knot
Bass Hunter............................................ Dr. Dre.......................................Mike Jones............................................. .......Snoop Dogg
Benefit........................................... ........Eazy E........................................Necro.... .................................................. ......Souls of Mischief
Benny Benassi........................................Gan gstarr.............................New Habit............................................. .........SPM
Biomecca.......................................... .....Godsmack...................................Ni rvana............................................. ............Streetlight Manifesto
Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli).........Gorrilaz........................... ...........NWA.................................... ..........................The Strokes
Bloodhound Gang....................................Guns N Roses.............................The Offspring......................................... .........Sublime
Blue Scholars....................................Hier oglyphics........................Paul Wall.............................................. .........Sweatshop Union
Bob Marley............................................ ..Hilltop Hoods........................Peter Bjorn & John.........................................Swoll en Members
Bone Thugs N Harmony............................Immortal Technique..............Pink Floyd............................................. ........System of a Down
Cake.............................................. ........Jedi Mind Tricks....................Public Enemy............................................. ....A Tribe called Quest
Catch 22...........................................Jur assic 5..................................Queens of the Stone Age................................The White Stripes
Common............................................ .....Kill Switch Engaged....................Rage Againts the Machine.........................Wu-Tang Clan
Cunninlynguists................................. Lil Troy......................................Reel Big Fish...........................................Z iggy Marley.......................................Zion I
Wow... Long post lol but don't do as I did unless you want to take a long time
Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What kind of music do you listen to?

I'm in love with hip-hop. I listen to The Heatmakerz, Lupe Fiasco, Cassidy, Jae Millz, Papoose, Hell Rell, Outkast, and UGK (R.I.P. Pimp C). I pretty much listen to anything from the east coast, I hate alot of music from the south, especially local music (Boosie, Webbie, Fox..etc.). I can even stand Coheed and Cambria. As far as R&B goes, Musiq Soulchild, Jagged Edge, and Boyz 2 Men are some of the best.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
The_Lost_Otter

senses fail, social D, 311, serj tankian, rise against, the used, bless the fall.

really any think metel, rock, screamo, reggae, alteritive, punk, old-school punk
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
-Inverted-

Theres quite a few I like on that list.

Tech N9ne
Immortal Technique
Atmosphere
Diabolic
Binary Star
Benefit
Slick Rick
Nas
KRS-One
Lupe Fiasco
Kanye West
Aesop Rock
A Tribe Called Quest
De la soul
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Common
Kanye West
Jedi Mind Tricks
Braille
ToneDeff ( and the Cunninlynguists)
Jadakiss
Stl Life
Living Legends ( Zion I, Murs, The Grouch, etc)
a little Wu Tang and Jay-Z

and many, many more. I have a huge library of artists.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
hands without shadows

"Todays music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock n roll"
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Nick2618

classic rock with new rock and even some pop/rap stuff.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
firestormanation

Yea old school is good. I like oldschool rap.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 AM
37chevy

50's mostly early 60's also, andre nickatina, N.W.A, rise against, the exploited, cheap sex, classic rock, metal, some new rap, i like almost all music
Old 01-10-2008, 02:07 AM
calvino

TOBY MAC FTW, lol, fav songs (I can find on youtube), um, Gone, boomin, Phemonenon, Made to Love, Extreme Days, classical also works, just NO singing stuff in it[8D]
Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
ssj2

Look at my sig, I'll clear up any confusion.
Various bands I listen to: Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Rise Against, Metallica, Shinedown, Papa Roach, 12 Stones, Pearl Jam, Mudvayne, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Chevelle, 10 Years, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, AFI, A Perfect Circle, Adema, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Blink-182, Boysetfire, Buckcherry, Bush, Candlebox, Collective Soul, Creed, Crossfade, Deftones, Depeche Mode, Def Leppard, Evans Blue, Fuel, Foo Fighters, Filter, Finch, Finger Eleven, HIM, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, Korn, Journey, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Lit, Live, Lost Prophets, Muse, Modest Mouse, Puddle of Mudd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saliva, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Smile Empty Soul, Stone Sour, Apocolyptica, Tantric, The Offspring, Thrice, Trust Company, Weezer, Vertical Horizon, Velvet Revolver, etc.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
firestormanation

ssj2,
on your signiture, is that a real statistic or not. Also I don't think I would be part of the 92% because I have always liked rap but I don't like any of that MTV rap. I don't even consider it rap anymore because all they do is make up rhymes about money and cars and stuff like that. Anyways if anybody likes that kind of rap no offense to you but you should try to listen to some underground artists because they are real good and you might like them. I posted lots in my first post.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Checkpointracer

Hip hop and rock. my favorite artists are toby mac and KJ-52.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: ssj2

Look at my sig, I'll clear up any confusion.
Various bands I listen to: Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Rise Against, Metallica, Shinedown, Papa Roach, 12 Stones, Pearl Jam, Mudvayne, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Chevelle, 10 Years, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, AFI, A Perfect Circle, Adema, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Blink-182, Boysetfire, Buckcherry, Bush, Candlebox, Collective Soul, Creed, Crossfade, Deftones, Depeche Mode, Def Leppard, Evans Blue, Fuel, Foo Fighters, Filter, Finch, Finger Eleven, HIM, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, Korn, Journey, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Lit, Live, Lost Prophets, Muse, Modest Mouse, Puddle of Mudd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saliva, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Smile Empty Soul, Stone Sour, Apocolyptica, Tantric, The Offspring, Thrice, Trust Company, Weezer, Vertical Horizon, Velvet Revolver, etc.
From the rock that I do listen to, I actually like a bit of those bands.

Prayer from a Refugee from Rise Against is a good song.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: firestormanation

ssj2,
on your signiture, is that a real statistic or not. Also I don't think I would be part of the 92% because I have always liked rap but I don't like any of that MTV rap. I don't even consider it rap anymore because all they do is make up rhymes about money and cars and stuff like that. Anyways if anybody likes that kind of rap no offense to you but you should try to listen to some underground artists because they are real good and you might like them. I posted lots in my first post.
I don't think so. Alot of teens have but the stuff now is trash. With the stuff on TV and the radio now anybody can be rappers.

Has anyone seen the battle between Murda Mook ([:'(]) and Jae Millz ([8D])?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Murda Mook is a prewriter.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Murda Mook is a prewriter.
Like nobody can tell. Serius Jones was "spittin'" with him when they battled on Smack. Seen that?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM
drag racer

classic rock, a bit of new rock, and a bit of metal
Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

my favorite artists are toby mac toby mac and KJ-52.
YES, he is AWESOME use his songs in my RC vids, lol, good way to get the word out[8D]

fav song, if anyone cares to lisen to it, prob not your style..... [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mtMfKEaas]BOOMIN [/link]
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
ProRCRacer88

hip hop. listen to lupe, wayne, jeezy, jay z, jadakiss, cassidy, ti, and some others. But people like mike jones, soldjaboy, d4l, pretty ricky, and others are the reason hiphop is going down and under.. I cant remember the last time I listened to the radio or looked at mtv or something because the stuff they play is bs most the time.

also like a bit of techno if it has a good beat to it.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

hip hop. listen to lupe, wayne, jeezy, jay z, jadakiss, cassidy, ti, and some others. But people like mike jones, soldjaboy, d4l, pretty ricky, and others are the reason hiphop is going down and under.. I cant remember the last time I listened to the radio or looked at mtv or something because the stuff they play is bs most the time.

Sorry but Wayne, TI, and Jeezy are as bad as soulja boy....
Old 01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

crap, i listen to what ever i think sounds good. my main thing is punk but i also listen to various forms of ska, metal, alternative, grunge, hip hop, reggae, country, and i dabble in oldies and old school "gangsta rap".
few of my favorites bands, social distortion, kottonmouth kings, pennywise, bad religion, sublime, nirvana, NOFX, rancid, greenday, offspring and a bunch more i don't feel like typing out

few things i refuse to touch are pop, emo, and half of what ends up on the radio these days
Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 AM
ProRCRacer88

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

Sorry but Wayne, TI, and Jeezy are as bad as soulja boy....
thats definatly an opinion. anyone would agree that souljaboy is terrible, which is a fact... but those 3? arent too many that will agree on that.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
firestormanation

Thats why i stick with only underground hip hop or rap. After that I like ska alot. I play the trumpet.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:28 PM
annie_himself

Yea, Jeezy and T.I. are horrible. Most "real" hip-hop fans will agree. All they talk about is money, dope, girls, cars, etc..The same stuff you find on the radio.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:48 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: firestormanation

ssj2,
Not really sure about the accuracy on that statistic. However, with all the sh$% I see on TV and hear on the radio at times, I definitely believe it. I'll always be apart of the other 8% representing rock forever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.