Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

~Official Guitar Thread~

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
ferrarimk13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~Official Guitar Thread~

well, ive searched, and i wasnt able to find a general guitar thread, so i decided to start one. You can talk about anything, guitars, tabs, amps, etc. Im beginning to save up money for a Gibson Les Paul studio, in alpine white. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-L...84-i1149146.gc Gibson is my favorite guitar maker, along with Paul Reed Smiths, and Martins. But Gibson electric and acoustic are both kick *****. My dream guitar would be this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Paul-Ree...89-i1385192.gc and acoutic would be this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-J...46-i1150301.gc What guitars do you have or want?
Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Danju

Default RE: ~Official Guitar Thread~

i have a classical guitar. i use a pick with it [&:][:@] .... and i play like rock/metal/ whatever you wanna call it. got it at Costco for like 90 bucks heheheheh
i play it until i snap a string (last week i got some battle scars from my guitar) and only then will i replace them...heaha[8D]
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
s7jstep1

i play a fender strat
Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
ferrarimk13

american or mexican?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Enzyme80

I have 3 guitars... a POS fender acoustic that i hardly play but will bring it out for some jams. I have a Epiphone SG cherry red. That was my first real guitar high school grad present to myself. Most of you have heard of Ovation for their acoustic guitars. They do have some electrics but they are hard to find and most of them do not sound great. That said I have a 68 ( I am 90% positive it is a 67 but I will never really know) Ovation Thunderhead which is a hollow body electric. This thing plays easier / better than any guitar I have ever played and that includes all PRS, Gibson, Fender, Martin, and Taylor guitars. The tone of this guitar is amazing. Basically I ended up with the guitar because my grandpa worked with the guy who started ovation guitars (building / fixing helicopters) and used to test out guitars for him. This guitar is 1 out of 100 made for that year. One out of 10 with this color (they do not even list it on their site when talking about this guitar). And with this color only 1/2 of them had the phase switch.

Also I had (I was at college when my mom called and said it broke) a 1965 (yes before they were a company) a Ovation acoustic. The only marks it had were Ovation and #2. This was the 2nd guitar he ever made and he gave this one to my grandpa for helping him to test the guitars. However, it was never taken care of and had a lot of problems by the time he gave it to me.

Anyways I don't know if I have a pic of the acoustic as I was not big into pictures back then but I do have pics of the Ovation electric in case anyone does not believe my story but I would like to say that I have no reason to lie and really wouldn't be able to make up a story like that. Yes there is more to it but that is pretty much sums it up.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
ferrarimk13

awesome, ovation acoustics are awesome. I would like to see the pic of the electric if you have.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
dar123

i have an sx acoustic(im a beginner)
Old 06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
s7jstep1

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

american or mexican?
actually it was made in japan. i got it for my 17th birthday. my dad bought it in high school and when i took guitar class my senior year, he figured i might like to have it. i dont know a whole lot but im learning. i was only able to take one semester of guitar class but it was enough for me to learn tabs and stuff
Old 06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
ferrarimk13

yeah, i taught myself, wish there was a guitar class in my school. I think guitar is one of the easiest instruments (note wise) to learn. Tabs are like manuals to play.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
warheadforever

LOL, now just get some D-28. [8D]