Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

For those of you that skateboard and own FLIP trucks, bearings, boards etc.

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

For those of you that skateboard and own FLIP trucks, bearings, boards etc.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you that skateboard and own FLIP trucks, bearings, boards etc.

For the ones that actually OWN something from FLIP how do you feel about the product, what are your opinions or comments on them. My only question, are they good for beginners? Other than that, just...yeah.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: For those of you that skateboard and own FLIP trucks, bearings, boards etc.

Sorry, man I stick with the tried and true "Independent", then I just buy powell blanks for my boards, then I try to find the driest rattly sound bearings I can, the older and crappier the better, They just roll for ever! [8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
annie_himself

Default RE: For those of you that skateboard and own FLIP trucks, bearings, boards etc.

I've never owned any Flip stuff but they have good products. It's just like RC, stick with big names and you're good.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
rccarman81

My opinion on there Abec 5's are they wear down fast, i got them for christmas and 2 of them are wearing down fast. Unless i just got a bad batch. I want to get a set of REDS or Swiss bearing but my dad wont let me. [:@]
Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
annie_himself

Your dad won't let you spend your money?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:28 PM
rccarman81

Nope, why?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 PM
madmax22

i had a flip it was alriright..... not the best thin i ever rode.... i like mystery with krux trucks and whateve the skate shop has for wheels/bearings....
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
rccarman81

I was thinking about switching my trucks to tensors, good choice?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 AM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: rccarman81

Nope, why?
Because that is redicilous.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM
sunco1

Oh a skate topic

My first board was a flip. I hated it. Since then... Ive been through 2 plan b's, 2 amt's, a baker, a foundation seirra fellers board, a tony alve blank, a paris hilton think, 2 elements, and 1 v3 impact. Im using an alva blank now. I just ordered the enjoi caswell berry guitar hero board from ccs, and a pair of reynold lites, and emerica francis.

For trucks definately s class silvers. I have had mine for maybe like 3 months and yeah they are worn but they are still holdin strong. And i got me some bone swiss bearings. Ricta natural wheels. Dodo bushings.

I spend more money on boards and this stuff then my detta and revo.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
A.B.U

I had a FLIP deck.. IMO it sucked, LOL.

Snapped on a 3 stair just by doing a kick flip.. I still got it.. I can take a pic you want But it didn't last long at all, only a couple weeks..

Silvers are weak, apparently they split on the hanger. I use Thunders [8D]
Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

I've never owned any Flip stuff but they have good products. It's just like RC, stick with big names and you're good.

sometimes the best things, arnt always the biggest and well known company. if you ever go into the rcplane part of the hobby, people put tons of effort into a plane. and only so many people know about it. just as its a small company.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:26 AM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

I had a FLIP deck.. IMO it sucked, LOL.

Snapped on a 3 stair just by doing a kick flip.. I still got it.. I can take a pic you want But it didn't last long at all, only a couple weeks..

Silvers are weak, apparently they split on the hanger. I use Thunders [8D]
i can take a picture of the silvers im using now. I dont do much grinding. But i do alot of big stuff. They look like garbage becuause they are so worn down. lol
Old 10-04-2008, 02:39 PM
rccarman81

Sure, go ahead you can put pics up.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
-Inverted-

I need to start skating again.... next payday I will use for new stuff.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Revotrx3
Banned

I have a element board, independent trucks, spit fire wheels and idk about the bearings. Anyone wanna buy it? lol