Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more
Reload this Page >

HOW TO COULD I GET AN HOBBY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

HOW TO COULD I GET AN HOBBY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
carson-model-sport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO COULD I GET AN HOBBY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
how could I get an hobby shop (I am in the UK)
How would I orders RC's in bulk (by carson, tamiya, traxxas, hpi ets)
I only mean an online shop.
Could you please help me!
How would I do it all?
Thanks!
John!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: HOW TO COULD I GET AN HOBBY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most wholesalers supply information on their website on how to become a dealer.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Horizon/BecomeDealer.aspx
Old 08-11-2008, 11:15 PM
andrewtexas123

Default RE: HOW TO COULD I GET AN HOBBY SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very hard to understand what your saying.. Is this what you want cml distribution, search it on google.

Andrew
Old 08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
The_Lost_Otter

[link]http://www.web.com/Landing/Standard/default.aspx?p=website-hosting&pid=gwhme&refcd=go501891s_make_a_website&tsacr=go400830916[/link]

and just contact horizon or another distibuter. i al most made one but its just to hard for me.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
JB COMP

Horizon and great planes are US distributors. He needs to find a distributor in the UK.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
slurp91193

u wouldnt want to do horizon anyway cuz its a franchise
Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 AM
The Hedgehog

Hmmm that doesn't make much sense ^^^^
Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Foxy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have to ask on an internet forum, please, for the sake of the hobby, don't do it. Learn business and retail, talk to a banker and a lawyer.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:45 AM
dsales

Well, he definatly could not have chosen a badder time for opening up a business in the UK
Old 08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
rcpowerhorse

cos of the credit crunch???
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM
dsales

Yes, Im not sure but it is estimated that 100 business are going bust in the UK every week.

Only the big companys can keep up and even their struggling.

All he will end up doing is most likely buying the RC stuff at a high price and having to sell it extremely cheap (as their value depreciates) as no one can afford it.

My LHS which is a big chain (28 shops) has forced to cut staff and may have to sell 7 of their shops, all their stuff is less than half price and they still cant sell it as people cant afford anything, im like their only customer.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 AM
slurp91193

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ya it does. a franchise is a bad way to go. my uncle owns a subway and he gets fined if he does anything that is not up to there standards. they take money out of his account every month. it costed 80,000 dollars to get the franchise and he had to buy all there equipment brand new for 120,000. hmmmmm makes sense now.....lol
Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: slurp91193

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ya it does. a franchise is a bad way to go. my uncle owns a subway and he gets fined if he does anything that is not up to there standards. they take money out of his account every month. it costed 80,000 dollars to get the franchise and he had to buy all there equipment brand new for 120,000. hmmmmm makes sense now.....lol
When you use a distributor like Horizon or Great Planes it's NOT a Franchise..They do make you jump through hoops to insure that your a legitimate business..But your NOT a franchise..I had a hobby shop so I do know this to be a FACT not hearsay..
Old 08-15-2008, 04:24 PM
fasterrcs

that easy first you need money to rent a shop and the money to stock the store. about 25000.00 would get you up and running well. i dont think there any government grant programs to give you the money to open one up. it takes money to make money