Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

worst cars ever thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
RS4rallydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: worst cars ever thread

totally, 45mpg geo metro is terrible hehehe.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM
HJJFFFAA

Well yea. Who wants fuel economy? I'd rather have 400BHP.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Xtfreak

NOW THIS IS THE WORST CAR EVER IMO. SORRY FOR THE CAPS THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH MY KEYBOARD.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54661.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1125114  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 AM
lee172

snowbl!nd hit the nail on the head...

rather than blame Fiat for making this ugly son of a brick i blame the idiots that bought one..

Name:	Vs55591.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1125576  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
J.D.T

america is on the slide but when we get all lovey dovey and thankful for our suppossed greatest country on earth I am going to remember to be thankful we ain't got all them stupid ugly little euro cars over here.
I would also like to point out how silly it is to talk about what car needed what repair at what mileage as we are all different, we all drive differently. I have seen H1 military hummers that needed over $2000(parts costs, we volunteer the labor) in front suspension parts at 5200 miles, that was 5200 miles of low range 4wd with the lockers engaged on fire roads for the forrest service, they could have lasted 52,000 or even 520,000 on a smooth road, I have seen taxi fleets with ford crown vics going over 400,000 miles without a single failure, others burn up the tranny at 106 thousand because the driver was a leadfoot, on school buses the ones that service the gravel roads always need suspension work sooner than the pavement buses. No matter what brand of car you gave me I could bring it back (maybe towed) in less than five hours needing brakes, tires and suspension work just by having a drive it like you stole it day at the gravel pits
Old 02-02-2009, 10:16 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lee172

rather than blame Fiat for making this ugly son of a brick i blame the idiots that bought one..
lol i like that picture. you can barely see the guy inside it but he has this look about him like he totally doesn't want to be there...

the thing to remember is that on North American roadways, those high fuel economy cars can be downright scary. try merging in a Geo Metro (or similar small car) on a freeway in rush hour traffic. now technically you can usually get those things up to freeway speed given the length of an onramp, but real life situations are often different. motorists around where i live at least have this annoying tendency to coast down the onramp at about 25 MPH, and then punch the throttle as they merge. that works great witha V8 and over 300HP, but if you've got less than a 3rd of that and you're behind this clown, you're still going 30 when the rest of the traffic is going 70+. [X(][X(][X(]

Old 02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
nitrozach54
Banned

Any hybrid car...
I will NEVER own a hybrid.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:29 PM
RS4rallydriver

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

lol i like that picture. you can barely see the guy inside it but he has this look about him like he totally doesn't want to be there...

the thing to remember is that on North American roadways, those high fuel economy cars can be downright scary. try merging in a Geo Metro (or similar small car) on a freeway in rush hour traffic. now technically you can usually get those things up to freeway speed given the length of an onramp, but real life situations are often different. motorists around where i live at least have this annoying tendency to coast down the onramp at about 25 MPH, and then punch the throttle as they merge. that works great witha V8 and over 300HP, but if you've got less than a 3rd of that and you're behind this clown, you're still going 30 when the rest of the traffic is going 70+. [X(][X(][X(]

yeah that was the only problem with that car. truck / bus drivers never see it, and the 3 cyl had no "pull" in 4th and 5th gear basically so youd have to redline 3rd or 4th to get to freeway speed on an average onramp.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: lee172

That is definitley a clown car if I ever saw one!

All you need is some circus music. I am surprised anyone would want to pay good money for that monstrosity
Old 02-04-2009, 12:51 PM
warheadforever

For me, it's any import car.........
Old 02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
HJJFFFAA

Why? There's nothing wrong with imports. I think you're thinking of this:

\

As opposed to this:

Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

\
dude, that's beautiful.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
revofreak

I completely agree, there is a difference between a ricer Civic and an STi. *cough**cough*

The word Import is soooo widely used for so many definitions. In reality, a Ferrari is an Import to the US.

I'm just making a point.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: revofreak
The word Import is soooo widely used for so many definitions. In reality, a Ferrari is an Import to the US.
Whale you have a point HJJFFFAA, um......I hate Ferraris they are ugly....about the only import car I like is the Lambo.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
lee172

i dont get all the Honda hating, i would love one of these, but i do agree that they look better stock.

Civic Type R (Japanese Domestic Market)

and Integra Type R

Name:	Zx70160.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1128021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69659.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1128022  
Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

For me, it's any import car.........
I hear you, and today, in light of today's economy, I am even more polarized to agree with you more. The American car industry is taking a serious hit, and even before that, all the American auto workers losing their jobs over the decades has been horrible. And cars is only one issue, other industries in which jobs are outsourced overseas seriously angers me to no end. And its our onw fault for not demanding something be done to stop that. And worse, we Americans make it worse by buying foreign instead of American.

As for Japanese cars, I have to say hands down, a car that has a V.I.N that begins with a "J" ("J" means made in Japan) is a very well built car that will last for many years. But right now, seeing any car with a V.I.N that begins with a "1" or "4" ("1" or "4" means made in America) is absolute music to my ears today. Because that means some Americans are still working and earning money and buying with thier salaries to help support the economy.

Now, if I see a pick-up truck with a VIN that begins with 1F.... or 1G.... or 11.... or 1B..., I love them because they are all American original pickup trucks, and lets face it, as ugly as these trucks might be today, they set the bar for ALL pickup trucks in the world.

I really like the Ford superduties, but the new 2008 and 2009 superduties are just butt-ugly to me. I wish they kept the styling of 2002-2007 a bit longer.
The Dodge hoods are also very ugly to me, The tractor-like look does not do that truck any beauty
Chevy/GMC trucks are always the conventional pick-up truck look, but headlamps style is not doing it for me